It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mousavi says willing to die to bring Iran out of 'serious crisis'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Mousavi says willing to die to bring Iran out of 'serious crisis'

www.haaretz.com

Opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi said Iran was in "serious crisis" and called for the immediate release of supporters arrested after the June presidential vote, an opposition website reported on Friday.

"Arresting or killing Mousavi, (another opposition leader Mehdi) Karoubi ... will not calm the situation. I am not afraid to die for people's demands ... Iran is in serious crisis ... Harsh remarks ... will create internal uprising ... the election law should be changed ... political prisoners should be freed,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
traffic.outbrain.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iranian Supreme Leader Khameneis Jet Put on Standby

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Mousavi was Amedinejad's opposition in last spring's elections. Many wonder why he hasn't been done away with by the government. He is pushing for many popular reforms including:

"He said the first important step toward national reconciliation would be acknowledging the serious crisis in the country, realizing the need for supervising the government's performance "and acting accordingly in case of failures."

Mousavi added that the establishment should also work on a new election law that would guarantee the participation of people of all political stripes."

No wonder Mousavi has tremendous Iranian popular support.

Looks like things are heating up for Amedinejad and Khanenei!

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/1/10 by plumranch]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
He could very well get his wish.

The leaders of Iran have to do something about him. I am one who am surprised that he has been treated with kids gloves.

Is there a reason he is being allowed to continue causing trouble?

Is he really untouchable for fear of causing a bigger mess?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
If he dies they'll be carnage on the streets when the angry protestors come face-to-face with the regime's revolutionary guard's newly imported armoured vehicles from China, which can fire chemicals by hose-pipe.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I would asume he's being kept alive by Israel and/or America. This could lead some to believe he doesn't exist at all. Personaly I see it as Bay of Pigs meets cold war. Let us pray we learned from mistakes made.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by mosesgunner]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If i was the iranian government.

I would flood iran with posters saying mousavi is israel's best mate, and he is there man in iran.

Thats what i would do if i was running iran, and this guy was causing trouble for the anglo american empire in the country.

Just put massive posters up around iran, with mousavi, and have him there with an israeli, being paid of or laughing about causing trouble in iran.

Surely there is something the iranian government can do to dwindle his support.

Whether mousavi knows it or not, he is working for israel.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You already answered your own question. If the Iranian regime wants to push this fragile situation over the edge, they should kill Mousavi. The chances of armed forces, which naturally contains of opposition supporters too, would increase significantly. When armed forces join these riots, it will turn into a rebellion that could have the necessary means to take control of the country.

No chance that they will ''hurt'' him, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Islam is the crisis. Globalism is the crisis. How are they going to get out of the crisis? By replacing politicians with politicians... Nothing will change. They can switch their spectacles, that's all.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yeah I'm sure this would work! Especially considering these protesters are wishing to convert to a more western style of government. Yep, telling them their leader is tied to governments they wish they could live under will really show them.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Your only dealing with a minority at the mo. Thats a thing you do not want to get any bigger, and do not tell me, that people in iran do not feel for there cousins in gaza.

Show that mousavi, is there willing and always to support the people who are doing this to gaza.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by mosesgunner

Your only dealing with a minority at the mo. Thats a thing you do not want to get any bigger, and do not tell me, that people in iran do not feel for there cousins in gaza.

Show that mousavi, is there willing and always to support the people who are doing this to gaza.

Minority is ruling the whole world. Why would that be the problem?
Big powers will never allow creation of a new power, even a regional power. Israel has been designated to pose as such power.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I thought we were talking about the large population of Iran who are civilized and want to live in a more westernized country. There is a book that came out not long ago, wish I could remember the name of it, that was focused on how different most of the population of Iran is from the the government that rules them.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Islam is the crisis. Globalism is the crisis. How are they going to get out of the crisis? By replacing politicians with politicians... Nothing will change. They can switch their spectacles, that's all.

But who will it be. Feels like we're only a a few days from this blowing up into something huge.

I hope the Iranians get out from underneath these tyrants!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FirstRonin

But who will it be. Feels like we're only a a few days from this blowing up into something huge.

I hope the Iranians get out from underneath these tyrants!

Okay, but lets look at history. We think it is huge because there is a mass of people in the streets. Like in October Revolution, but in Sankt Petersburg there were only few casualties when that happened. The real change happens inside institutions. It may be more or less radical change. But not the essential change. And after the revolution, there comes the war. Revolution itself is not so bloody, it is the aftermath that is bloody and it can last a long time.

The basic frame of mind of people all around the world will not change. The oppression is on the rise everywhere. People who are oppressed may revolt, but they have no real clue what to do. They don't see the real causes of their position. They mostly believe it is normal, only there are some extremities to be cut off. Only, that is not the case. The very concept of human society is wrong and is the source of oppression because it is based on the idea of exchange instead on the idea of sharing. This is what causes unfair distribution of wealth, not the particular form of government and civics.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There is the people protesting and what they are protesting for to consider , and to say that Mousavi is working for Israel or America is just a lie, unless anyone has evidence to support such a claim, I believe they are fighting a just cause, that any one of us would fight if it were to happen in our own country. They have rights that they have been stripped of, and they want them back, it may be a minority at the moment but it is growing, and will get bigger as time goes by, and i believe they are going to win their freedom with or without Mousavi.

By having a less arrogant government may, and probably will help with peace in that area of the world as well. That can only be a good thing right?

Besides this has nothing to do with Israel or American or any other country for that matter, and people should keep their noses out. Both Israel and America have been looking for an excuse to invade Iran, when there is none, and that is all part of the plan of the NWO and global government, and because Iran are not playing the game like everyone else they are being punished for it. Well i hope they stand their ground and not get pulled in like everyone else has.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I find it quite hilarious that so many people will support these opposition forces even though a majority of the country supports the current government. It's like most, here in the US, want to see the minority opposition group succed because they want OUR values, OUR type of government, OUR beliefs to take hold. Feels like those who support the protesters just support them because they are pushing for a more westernized system, even though the majority of the population of Iran want it to stay how it is. But supporters of the opposition will never believe that because who could ever not want a more westernized system, right?

Anyways, the government over there would only make themselves look bad in the end and rile up opposition forces and their supporters if they killed Mousavi. So why do it if it will make them lose support for what they're trying to keep when government supporters, majority of civilians, will destroy the opposition themselves if it comes down to it. But I am sure that the news will twist it to make the current government look like it's all in their plans to suppress and destroy the opposition by any means neccesarry even though they have the responsibility to try and stop them since all it seems is that all they do lately is start riots and everything. Maybe if the protesters would stop starting violent riots and what not, the government might not need to use armored vehicles and more forces to try and stop them.

I guess as long as we have our self-righteous beliefs and feel that the whole world needs to be so called 'civilized' like us, it's fine for the protesters to do whatever they want to change their country, even if it's against what the majority wants.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by LordTacos]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The same deprivation of rights is happening everywhere on a large scale, but people are not protesting. Protesting people are a problem... The formal change will be made, and people will be pacified. The essential change will not be made.

The situation worldwide is like this. All ideas have been exhausted. Present ideas can be kept in power only by force of oppression. This will result in a big explosion, but not in Iran. The collapse of this civilization, which has reached its full state of corruption and entropy, is imminent. It is turning into a cancer. And, as far as I know, there is no efficient cure for cancer yet.

The oppression is on the rise. Those who fall are pushed under the carpet. They are ignored by those who are still "healthy". It can not last forever and there is no improvement in sight. The "barbarians" are breeding inside the corrupt society, not in the Russian steppe or Siberia.

We look upon Iran, but the truth is, we should look around Iran. It is the surroundings of Iran that are torn by wars: Iraq, Afghanistan, Georgia, Pakistan (this one will be a major collapse), and now Yemen and Saudi Arabia (this is the one and same thing).

The whole globe is being set on fire. But it is just "suburbs", so to say, that's not the reason for panic, right?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Perhaps you could read this -

debatebothsides.com...

Mousavi is not a reformist - so why are people wanting him ? He is a hardliner - a revolutionary, the Butcher of Beirut -

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Even though i have not looked into these claims, you can be sure he is not the person the iranian people want.

Be careful what you wish for, is something iraiq people understand now.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Those good old Elites, they didnt have to start a war to get into Iran. Fund a civil uprising and let the people take it for themselves, killing 2 birds with 1 stone. They get the country they want, aswell as create some Social Darwinism while there at it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join