It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

john lennon new years eve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
interesting...... CNN played IMAGINE by we all know who and the words we all know so well, right before the ball dropped in Times Sq.

Imagine that....

Worldwide....

...and the world will live as one.....

a great melody with lyrics to boot.....

imagine that

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
amazingly, the non stopping. stupid, moronic, TV anchors ceased their babbling as on cue, cameras panned the panoramic view, while millions paused to reflect not only on the screen, but at home on the hypnotic melody and words of a song written many years ago,

a great song.....

I will say no more

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Darby Crash died the same day as Lennon. The Germs song "No God" means more to me this time of year than ol' Johnny boy ever will

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

"Worldwide"? You imagine (excuse the pun) the entire world watches the Times Square new Years Eve celebrations? Please ... most of us don't care or have better things to do.

Still, it is an awesome song by a true music legend ... for XMas the only Xmas song I cared to play was John Lennon's Merry Christmas, the War is Over.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Yep lets imagine a world where america is blowing up weddings. Oh i forgot that already exists.

You people have already done the hippy movement.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Please explain how playing this song is interesting... It's widely used commercially, usually because of the feal good lyrics.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

top topics

join