It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 On to the Next One... WTH

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
The ratings are there regardless, I don't see how this demographic is what is actually represented watching the ball drop from your house... if this is your "thing" your probably banging in the New Years on a dance floor...

There were a few different celebration shows to choose from last night. Even though alot of young adults do like to go out and party, many of us who have kids can't or are too tired to. I honestly think those who threw the party just figure that most of the people who rang in the new year to older traditions are now too old and are home sleeping. Honestly, it all seemed kinda trashy to me as well and i wasn't into it personally. On CNN, they had some kids next to a stage with a bunch of drag queens in New Orleans, and i just felt that was too much of an adult situation for kids. But it's been like that for about a decade now it seems to me, i'm sure if you reseach back a few years to the various performers i'm sure you'll find other non-savory types. New Years eve is mainly an adult, alcohol fueled celebration. Kinda like Vegas. The kids just had their holiday.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by 27jd]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I didn't want to feed into the hype of the video, but I chose to go onto you tube and find the video anyway. I gotta say, it didn't look any different than any of the other videos out there for the last few years......which is why I don't watch MTV or VH1!! Was it inappropriate? To say the least!!!!!! Satanic? Yep!!!! But, the second I heard somebody say they were about to debut a Jay-Z video, I would have LUNGED for the remote!!

I don't know what channel my husband put on, but I KNOW it was one of the "free" basic channels - CBS, ABC, one of those - so we, too, could watch the ball drop at midnight. (Ironically, on a side note, I had never even seen the ball drop until I had a kid! Before that, I was too busy partying on that night, and I have to wonder how many people that the video was made to target - ages 18-25??? - actually saw the damn thing! Probably not many - the only ones home on New Years watching the ball drop are the ones with families or someone with the flu!)

But I digress...so my husband and I put the tv on to watch the ball drop (my kid was asleep) and I had the privelege of NOT seeing the Jay-Z debacle...instead, I got to see Jennifer Lopez in nothing but panty hose and a fur coat. No exaggeration - they had to "fuzz" out her crotch region (no pun intended - or maybe it was) THEN I got to see some random couple, not just kissing, but KISSING!!!! Tongues a-rollin, full on making out.....then back to half/mostly naked J.Lo.

So I didn't get to see the big premier of Jay-Z's satanic/kill people/it's all about the money/dancing girls video, I was too busy watching a naked woman (but she was very sparkly, and she was covered in another animal's skin) and people making out (but they did cut away seconds before they took their clothes off) so I guess I was one of the "LUCKY" ones.

So so so so pathetic. I am so thankful my daughter couldn't make it and passed out.

And for the record, for all the people who want to say that the op shouldn't have been watching tv, he should have been doing something better with his family, consider this: I WAS! I wasn't sitting around w/my husband watching tv all night, and if my kid had stayed awake, we would have been hanging out and having fun...up until about 11:55pm when I would have/did switch the tv on to watch the ball drop.

The point has been made perfectly by others. WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYY?????? What is the point? Why can't I watch the ball drop and smile and cheer? Because the times have changed, and I do not think that will be an option any longer.

And one more side note re: tv/family: The time has come to give up the idea that you can watch anything as a family. Know what I watch with my daughter? Survivor. That's it. Nothing else. Ever since Everybody Loves Raymond, they have not come out with ONE new show for families!!! Not ONE!!! So I am stuck with i-Carly or Family Feud until she goes to bed. So I'm not surprised, just grateful, that my daughter wasn't awake at midnight. She would have had more questions than I had answers to. Her question wouldn't have been "what's a 'ni...ger'" when she heard it 23 1/2 times in Jay-Z's video, or "why is that woman not wearing any clothes?".......her question would have been, "Why are they showing these things on tv?"

And I would have had no answer.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Jay-z, Rihana, Beyonce, Gaga, paramore, Kanye etc... are all down with the dark side.
There a lot of underground low budget documentaries going around pointing out the symbolic evil in the entertainment industry right now.

Free speech is great, but when the majority of art and media becomes one sided it's never good for the masses.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

IDK what you are talking about.
I am sorry I forgot to hit the Reply to:mopusvindictus button

reply to post by mopusvindictus

I think I got a better understanding of your stance/reasoning now.

I am just really against trying to censor anything that does not deserve or need censoring. We can not ask to keep our rights, at the same time as taking away others .

You come off semi-racist and over the top righteous in this post, complied with the people supporting you in this thread are trying to connect anything/everything from the video to satanic/masonic. No one with common sense would take it serious .

Maybe if I had I child and was in your situation I might think a bit different, but I really think I would just change the channel if I had a problem with the programing.

You make it sound like you watch the whole video, if you really had issue what was being shown why did you watch it w/ your child ?

You are making New Years very "spiritual" , I can't understand why.
Granted spirituality is not really my strong suit

You make it seem like NBC had Lucifer himself as the Christmas parade marshal.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Economic and Military propaganda + a Gangsta Rap vid about money and ho's with demonic symbolism just wasn't what I expected...

It is amazing to note how much the tv effects my disposition. I know that I was in a good mood before turning it on for the evening. It pretty much created an air of depression that was not there previously.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
In my country is the same...

Gangsta own music studios and TVs. They sing themselves, they compose and sample with their computers, their girlfriends become Grand Show Stars, with their silicon tits, buts and lips (they look as if someone hit them with the pan on the face) and that is beautiful and they pay their own public who sit in their TV studios and applaud and scream and are very happy. There are only amateur singers left on TV (many TV stations here and none good), those who are supported and promoted by money owners. Everybody else, those who know what is music, simply disappeared from the scene in the last two decades.

It is Satan's or God's business, I don't know any more which is which, but it is some supreme power doing all this and eliminating everything that is good and of essential value. And it is showing everywhere and maybe the time is nearing for the really big show... That's my feeling.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by nophun

Keep believing in your fairy tales and spreading lies.

See the edit, "quote" [reply] clickers in the upper righthand corner of the post?

If you use them we will know who you are answering or responding to.

Topic....anyone that watches TV or listens to rap even by accident. deserves what they get.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by whaaa]

If it wasn't for my science channels and the occasional rare movie I'd ditch the whole thing...

So many people think i'm bagging Rap lol... but it's sooooooo much bigger than that in regards to tastelessness...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My kiddos finally made it to midnight last night, ages 9 and 10. We watched the America's Funniest Videos marathon until 4 minutes to midnight. Watched Ryan Seacrest & Dick Clark and the ball drop, then turned it off. (Um, did notice JLO, but I think it was a leotard, didn't see the couple thank goodness). I did notice a preponderance of military members in uniform in Times Square.

GLAD I wasn't on the other channel. I would have been poleaxed to see that video come on 2 minutes after the ball drop. 30 minutes, maybe ok, give me time to get the kids out of the room. Again, like those trying to get their message across, it's NOT the video I object to, it's the TIMING.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Yeah I should have gone with Dick Clark but I figured maybe i'd get Hannah Montana or something slightly less lame for New Years eve with Daly....

He looks quite nerdy and harmless enough... lol little did I know... Mr Square Pants had such Illuminati like tastes...

You just can't win...

Next year I turn on MP3's and a digital clock...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by trippinon2012

It's nice to see so many people get what i'm saying...

And yeah what should I do on New Years Eve...that's what i did my whole life and what my dad did his whole life for so long of it that there was TV...

You stay up late, eat some Pie, maybe mom and dad have a glass of wine, you blow noise makers set off some poppers sing Ol Lang Syne and every one hugs and kisses...

Guess i'll need to be more inventive next year...siiiiigh

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Turn the channel to the knitting network or whatever it is you watch, put the remote down, pour a drink. Solved.

LoL!

That's just it - neither Mopus nor myself is all that old or out of touch. In fact I love music of all forms. But some of this crap is just mind-blowing.

I guess actually the Jay-Z video is tame in comparison to some of the videos I've seen and music I've listened to - but then again that content isn't being piped into the living rooms of families everywhere.

I guess what it boils down to for me is that there seems to be a race to the bottom in America. We only appeal to the lowest common denominator.

It's sad.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I guess what it boils down to for me is that there seems to be a race to the bottom in America. We only appeal to the lowest common denominator.

This in my humble opinion is tragically the case in today’s America and it has been a trend now for well over a decade.

We as a culture no longer aspire to the highest possible common denominator and making a true mark of excellence but the lowest possible common denominator that in many ways promotes chaos and ignorance.

Art is the reflection of the state and the health of a civilizations culture.

While it’s true that current pop culture is artistic in nature its themes and messages are typically anything but uplifting and inspiring towards the highest possible common denominator.

Art is a alternative form of communication and an extremely powerful one. That is best evidenced by the phrase a picture speaks a thousand words, but the truth is that music is the most powerful form of communication there is as it can reach across age, color, politics, and sexual orientation to evoke powerful emotions and soul stirring thoughts.

Yet when the soul is stirred in that purposeful manner what is being stirred up or dredged up? Our better angels or our worst demons? Hope or despair, love or anger?

Through music, video games, and pictures and movies messages can be imparted in ways that few would dare to come right out and say, but be imparted in ways more powerfully than anyone could who simply came right out and voiced those messages in that form of traditional conversational communication.

There appears to be a plot to weaken America and crumble it from within through the orchestrated multi-media messages that extol people to gravitate towards the lowest possible common denominator, to accept it and to revel in it and to abandon themselves in it, along with our future as a nation as well.

Art is the reflection of a civilization and it’s culture, or in this case the lack there of.

[edit on 1/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

yeah.... everyone these days like to screams race when you critique and I say too damn bad...

I'm quite sure most Black parents aren't thrilled with gangsta raps influence either...

People are in a Forum here supporting a guy near or above the Billionaire Mark like he is not "an elite" because he's Black and Raps.... who put him there lol? The people? You actually believe it's not all about your distribution and how you play ball?

Did he even write the song?

Who does he serve for all that dough lol?

Racist? No.... Black Americans would be well served to realize that their pride in their media moguls is as dumb as our own and these people are bought and paid for and they don't get to have that kind of money without promoting some agenda of someones no matter what it is...

Ditto goes for the stupid white kids that emulate it...

Hip Hop was and often still is really good stuff... That is until they land that big contract and sell the ol soul...

I'll keep searching the underground music scene for real artists thank you.... race has nothing to do with music.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

I have to admit, the kids did start acting up after... I can't make a judgment call on cause an effect, they were up late, but they are up late on every holiday too and that doesn't happen soooo... hard to say.

Maybe it has no effect lol, was just something in the Pie

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

For me I see it purely as lack of ability to think under circumstance not blanket policy.

I see it all the time in here, Americans Want Black and White Right and Wrong

Some How me saying this was Inappropriate and tasteless in that position became.... an assault on hip hop, a racial slur and more...

And you know, everyone Knows Jay Z's agenda lol, because they read it in a magazine...

I don't think a lot of my fellow country men and women can tell the difference between Farting in an elevator and farting in an open field with no one around...

If I posted a thread on it, there would be 2 camps just like our politics...

Your either pro Farting or Con Farting.

The capacity to think dynamically by situation barely exists.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There is no art left in the entertainment industry. Art is on the margins, and even further than that. It does not fare well with a leash around its neck... Don't call this trash art. Many people never encountered art. It has been banned. Art is a free source of energy and it is not allowed because it cannot be taxed.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88a14b8e78b3.jpg[/atsimg]

I listen to some extreme music as well, makes his lyrics sound tame by comparison. No subliminal stuff they just state it straight up. I know the difference.

And I know who this guy really works for. And why he has a global audience without any real talent. It's who you know that counts. Haha.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

• Confirmed nut

• posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
    link   
    Fortionately I had different intentions at the time, and was unable to see what you have described. I completely agree with what you are saying, and it is rediculus to see what is really happening to our country, perhaps even the world, this day and age.

Deception is everywhere. Said it a million times, and I'm sure there will be many more to come. I am in awe, balancing in the middle of far right mainstream conspiracy vs. the sleeping critic and skeptics... But regardless of the fact this country is taking a scary spin for the worse.

Times are changing in our reality and it is going to be very interesting to see what the future holds.

Are people going to continue to be brainwashed by the corporate MSM propaganda, or will people actually wake up to the true reality of what is going on in the world today? Only time will tell...

Regardless, I would like to thank you for helping me go that extra inch to further realize what is going on in our world today. To become that much more awake and aware! S+F for you fine sir!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
    link   
    vigilantcitizen.com...

This site delves into just the sort of thing acknowledged here,the occult symbolism and depravity in today's culture of "entertainment".

Jay-Z is certainly featured there,and numerous others I don't care to mention!

Sorry your kids had to accidentally see any of that garbage.

Welcome to the Satanic New World Order.(It's going to get worse,before it gets better,and that only by the Lord's return.)

Those are his minions,performing just as they are programmed to do.

The message is just like the one in Luke 4:6,"The devil took Hm to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,and he(the devil) said to Him(Jesus),"All these things I will give you if you fall down and worship me."

So many people are walking around with a void in their life that they will try to fill it with anything. Take God out of the picture,replace it with materialism and lust for power,and we see what we get.

Someone else said it here earlier (sort of!)..."Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." Acts 2:40
    (Not to imply we save ourselves! It does mean to turn back to God!)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join