It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 On to the Next One... WTH

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I must first point out that an X pill is ecstasy. X is one of the street and party names for it.

I don't really listen to hip hop except when I'm in the car with my parents (My dad listens to that crap). However, I know for a fact that Jay-z style has change when it comes to music videos. I don't know if anyone remembers some of Eminem's stuff but he went through the same change, his stuff was darker and sounded depressing and I also heard that one of his songs had something about him wanting to rape a young girl. I don't know if that part is true, but I do know that his music style went dark not so long ago.

It would also seem that Jay-Z is going the same route....maybe. In my opinion, if stuff like that bothers you then don't listen to it. It's your choice rather or not if you listen and watch things like that. It's not as if someone is making you do something that you don't want to do. So get over it already.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddogron
wow... this isn't about free speech talk or just turn the channel thinking... this is a statement of our youth. all of our traditions are being twisted. My own personal encounter of things changing was observing holiday events and the loss of its innocence. Very interesting when you observe things with a mind of person who is "awake and aware".

awake and aware has a new meaning to me personally...

Thank YOU

This is how I felt... I don't know where moronic change the channel posts come from it was moments after New Years Eve, it wasn't like a series I KNEW about... it was something I came to expect that id it said "Times Sq" i'd be getting a countdown and some festivities...

There is just a statement to be made...

It was like Marylin Manson Hosting The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...

I LIKE Marylin (in the right CONTEXT) but if I was waiting for Santa and his crazy pale face showed up in a Pimp Mobile i'd be pissed too...

I'n a Great Guy lol.. in the right Context too... But I don't belong certain places...like changing time for bed at a Nunnery, it's just not where I should be...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

"I went to spend some time with family and a couple of my tribal elders warned we were surrounded by alot of dark forces now, more than ever. To protect ourselves because it's going to be a spiritual battle AND a battle for the truth for what's going on in this country."

Very interesting. Would you mind elaborating? By the way, I recently looked up rock music Illuminati and it has made me a bit more conscience of what I listen to. Just saying, some interesting reading. Just google rock music Illuminati. Not saying it's all true ( some of the reading was a bit "out-there" to say the least), but interesting and thought provoking all in all. A happy and healthy new year to all at ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sello

It's a Historical region these days not a Country... and it's completely aside from the overall point that I tuned into watch a ball drop not be fed info about the Economy and War with an underlying side of Gothica

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I find country music offensive. It does not progress intellectual stimulation, it gives no reference to real world urban concerns, it progresses a racist meme within their target audience, intolerance, and generally makes people "more dumb". Thats my opinion.

I coulnd't agree more. CMA is the white equivalent of rap; racist, worldly, anti-intellectual.

Was I the only one that noticed the bullets in the video (9mms i think), right around where he says "million ways to make some (money)"?
Thanks for the tip JayZ, I'll try that idea out if I see you on the street.
FOOOOO!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
I accidentally posted about this in another thread! Thank you for making a thread addressing the shows last night. My husband and I noticed the same things you pointed out. Very strange.

I went to spend some time with family and a couple of my tribal elders warned we were surrounded by alot of dark forces now, more than ever. To protect ourselves because it's going to be a spiritual battle AND a battle for the truth for what's going on in this country.

Huge... this sums up exactly to a T how I felt through the whole season...

By MY efforts this was one of the most healing, spiritual seasons I have ever had...

But I have felt through the whole process exactly what you describe, like overall there was something tainted in the background...

I take very seriously what you say here with these words...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by endisnighe

I'm not a doom predictor by nature, I think everything is cyclical...

But the Fall of Rome... that really does hit the nail right on the head... That kind of showing on New Years was very Colosseum imho...

Overstimulated, incapable of being pleased by anything simple.

I didn't watch TV last night so I didn't see what you're referring to, but it does sound like it was something that could have been targeted for view. So with that, I have a few questions to pose to the masses.

1. What is known about Jay-Z and the people who produced the video?

2. Not having seen the video myself, are there people who've seen it that can comment on the specific imagery used and it's interpretation?

3. Do you think Jay-Z knows what the imagery means and specifically endorsed it, or do you think someone else wanted that imagery out there and used him and this world premiere event to release it?

4. Can this imagery be tied in any way to the blue moon and partial lunar eclipse we had on new years eve?

5. Is there one specific event that can be determined to be that which caused the fall of Rome?

Sorry for the random questions, but they were what popped into my head. I'm just wondering if this was intentional, or if the imagery just happened to be coincidence. Thoughts anyone?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

You know, I mentioned before I had a heavy, heavy background in hard rock/metal growing up and I always laughed at Demonic themes... mainly because it was Nerd and D&D stuff... a game a Joke...

And I grew up alongside Old School Hip Hop too and a lot of it was decent music...

But I never liked the "reality" based lessons of Gangsta Rap and do see real world effects...

and I must admit, Jay Z's combination of Real world violence and topic + Demonic symbolism just really does have an evil feel to it...

The annoyance after New Years... was the message

Money + Satan = The Way to be...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

I can't reply to any of your questions about the music videos and such. I usually only listen to music. I never really got into the video thing. As for the music. I actually have never listened to any of this guys music.

As for Rome, just by the OP's references and explanation, I just visualized a problem with the whole thing. Not a demonic or evil but more of a end of Empire type hysteria.

Sorry not to be any more help on your questions.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I liked the way the speaker was instructing the audience what they should think about the following video (directed by the famous director, blah, blah, blah and by the guy who is better even than Elvis blah blah blah). This is typical for America, right?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
It's been the same way for the past many new years i can remember, those drunken parties are geared for young adults as the main demo, most young kids can't even manage to stay up that late. Jay-Z has always rapped about those things, nothing new there. It's all about money to the big execs who throw those block parties, and they don't really care one way or the other about any message, just bringing in the young crowds. They know drunken block parties aren't going to be a huge family draw, if they were then they would probably have brought in Big Bird or something. Hopefully the OP feels better when he wakes up today.

Happy New Year everybody.

I'm not sure I 100% agree...

Like I said in the beginning, i am not going to reach far into conspiracy

But the event is a block party yes... but for 39 years, I have watched this and they never chose to do this...

Every single set in America practically is on this, older people with Kids watching from home mostly... If I was not with kids I'd be at a Night Club where this would be appropriate...

But if your HOME with the tube on, there is a reason your home...

The ratings are there regardless, I don't see how this demographic is what is actually represented watching the ball drop from your house... if this is your "thing" your probably banging in the New Years on a dance floor...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I refused to take part in a christian ceremony at church for a funeral a couple days back and i saw a Zombie look.. i never noticed it before but when you remove religious shackles you realise they are brainwashed they accept the BODY and BLOOD of a dead man willingly. Lucifer sure must like me to urge me not to follow those false religions.

The "music" of the USA which is dominated by Hip hop and R'n'B unfortunately is using the false images of Lucifer to distract the population from the Jewish run freemasons,the catholic church, the muslims and the Jews themselves and their NWO.

I was watching the river thames event and i saw the same brainwashed face you mentioned on everyone there.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by conar

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by conar
Rap music is corrupting the youth and should be made illegal?

This sounds familiar, like in the 1950's rock N' roll corrupting the youth?
Back then it was VERY different. Today the message is all about violence and greed, pimpin, rape. and thats ok with you?

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

uhm, he raps about the ressesion, and about moving on to the next year/job for new adventures / challenges... moving on/out of the crisis

[edit on 1-1-2010 by conar]

UTTER NONSENSE

Big pimpin in the house now Bought the land tore the muf____n house down Bought the car tore the muf____n roof off Ride clean, I don't never take the shoes off Bought the jeep tore the muf____n doors off Foot out that b____h ride the s___t like a skateboard Navigation on tryna find my next thrill Feelin myself I don't even need a X pill

(sorry not intent to avoid censors, please forgive mods)

This is not about the economy lol...

PIMPING and Shooting your way to the top is the message of economic movement?

Maybe Obama should endorse it lol

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Jay-Z's first album is totally bangin.

I don't necessarily think there's a conspiracy here, just a washed up rapper trying to add shock value to the dying art of making a music video.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is totally conspiracy because this is politics.

"Cultural" politics of giving "identity" to the poor and picking the worst of their "artists" to perform something a true artist would never do. Making the poorest buggers into "artists" with a "message" ... shall I continue? ... is political conspiracy of keeping slaves as stupid as they can be and adore their masters' politics which is soooo gooood and enlightening for them all...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

I just couldn't resist responding to your username rocketgirl! It remined me of Liz Phair's song - Rocket Boy, which I'm listening to now.

That Jay-Z song was trash! As is all of the garbage he puts out, and how in the hell did that no talent idiot ever pass Elvis Presley to have the most number 1 records?

I rang New Years in on the Fox channel and they played a song by American Idol's Allison Iraheta to ring in the New Year, after playing Auld Lang Syne.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Thank you lol...

How do threads degenerate into a battle on allowing rap... glad most seem to get my main point here...

Jay Z and the demon horns and Money status thing is not the message for the New Year...

and forget my "save the children shtick"

It's NOT THE MESSAGE FOR ME as an adult...there is more to life than Pimpin...

It's a Huge point of this...

I'm sometimes or at least in my past...

A materialist

A party personality

A media junkie

I'm FAR from a perfect person, at times i've been far from a decent person...

And I don't feel that ANYTHING IS SACRED anymore...

I don't believe you have to be perfect in life or spiritual every moment of the day...

But SOMETIMES ...once in a while I think you need to reflect on good things or your screwed...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
remember people this video was not on (VH1) or (MTV) THIS WAS LIVE!!! good familys with KIDS not just teenagers (with thier left field thinking), But familys with YOUNG kids and frankly i'm not sure how many parents are teaching thier kids good values anymore but if they were that video sure didnt help , And yea the changing the channel and turning off the tv and all that jazz i see that, But this has been a tradition for a long time (watching the ball fall) and the ELITES know that, If they wanted to get a messaage across (anykind) this would be the only way to do it with out being so blunt about it ! THEY ARE CONDITIONING US , DESENCEATIZING US. so they can go farther in thier plans

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Saturn...if you fail to see what i'm saying than your a victim of it

Not much more to say to address your myriad of points other than no one else agrees with you...

I never "blame the media" for anything, I do have the right to not watch... My main point stands, YOU CAN BUY ANYTHING, Rams Horns are NOT just Rams horns... This was NO New Years message for ANYONE of any inspiration to anything good to come...

It's gross within the context

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mark-in-dallas

I agree, I don't know how Jay-Z manged to have more number one records than Elvis. I was born way after Elvis died but I have heard some of his music before and it sounded great way better than some of the crap that is played today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join