It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 On to the Next One... WTH

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Rap music is corrupting the youth and should be made illegal?

This sounds familiar, like in the 1950's rock N' roll corrupting the youth?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

That's why there was another thread about throwing out the television which many of us have done. F*ck them and those who "believe" or preach the free speech movement, where were you in the 60's?

Free speech and the right to assemble is one thing, but this is utterly moronic and uncalled for crap, simple as that. Sure it is free speech now, but who is paying the price? When all our freedoms are gone and the children are so brain dead from this crap, let's hear you yell out free speech then. See what will happen to you when it's too late.

Why don't people get it? They say one thing in this instant and don't think about the consequences after? Same with consideration, THERE IS NONE. Everyone is so concerned about the immediate 2 feet that surround them and screw everyone else, you see it on the road, in stores, on the street, everywhere. No consideration for your fellow man anymore? WTF?

S&F for what it's worth.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by daddio]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by conar

Back then it was VERY different. Today the message is all about violence and greed, pimpin, rape. and thats ok with you?

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well I suppose it would be a refreshing change from the traditional fiddles and accordians crap that's shown here in Scotland, but Jay-Z SUCKS so bad I just watched with the sound off. I get what's being said about the Satanic imagery but I didn't think it was as bad as it was made out to be in the OP, and you could've just turned it over/off.
I agree with patent98310, it's mostly down to the director of the promo video what goes in it. I doubt Jay-Z would have the intelligence to think of a video like that by himself, the guy is a moron. How he landed a hottie like Beyonce I'll never know...

Remember when rap was about more than just ho's, bling and killin' fools?

Come back Sugar Hill Gang, we need you now more than ever!

[edit on 1/1/10 by sotp]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Back then it was VERY different. Today the message is all about violence and greed, pimpin, rape. and thats ok with you?

uhm, he raps about the ressesion, and about moving on to the next year/job for new adventures / challenges... moving on/out of the crisis

[edit on 1-1-2010 by conar]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You guys have strayed off point. The point of the thread is not whether or not rap music should be allowed or what it's doing to our children....but rather, there is a time and place for everything and the stroke of midnight on New Year's is NOT the time to be debuting a controversial somewhat offensive song -- no matter how many fans or how much money said singer has.

Had they waited until 12:30AM or so....I'm sure you would hear a lot less people complaining. But given the fact that many parents allow their children to stay up simply to watch the ball drop, blow horns, and say Happy New Year -- it seems to be a bad choice to play this particular song at that particular time. In fact, JAY-Z has many other songs to choose from that are far less satanic and "dark" if they insisted on going with that one particular artist.

In terms of everything else the OP said, I agree. I watched bits and pieces of it last night and kept turning the channel because it was riddled with doom and gloom. Tons of military interviews (some were odd, like Q: "so tell me, are you prepared to fight for this country?" A: "I am ready for whatever my commander-in-chief asks of me"), throngs of police, and VERY few people laughing and happy -- at least not in the interviews and such that I saw. I flipped between all three major networks -- but forgot about FOX -- and wasn't impressed with the tone or message on any of them.

There was a lot of preaching about money, patience, tolerance,....not really the festivities I generally remember going on on New Year's Eve.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

It is all in the same complaint.It is about the message that was sent with a song like that instead of staying traditional with a upbeat, bring in the new year with a positive note. read my first post to this.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

uhm, he raps about the ressesion, and about moving on to the next year/job for new adventures / challenges... moving on/out of the crisis

[edit on 1-1-2010 by conar]
Honestly Conar, that is all you hear?
in conjunction with his video, that message isn't rosy.and about being an upstanding guy.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I hope you all heard that he said Obama on the text you'll should be afraid of what i'm gonna due next!! And then not only that the video is plastered with respects to the devil. I didnt know Jay-Z was into that sort of thing, Well I guess theres one for sure whos got an INVATION to the lake of fire!

its almost time!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
BTW, don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I’m against “entertainment.”

I have nothing but respect for artists that offer their skills, in an effort to lift the human spirit and bring humanity together in love and as one, even if temporarily.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Not only do i agree with you, but i wonder if you felt a blank zombie like look on many of them.
Maybe it was me, but i thought these people looked not just drunk, but dazed.

Actually, that dazed look on their face was the fact that they couldn't get drunk...no alcohol allowed in the area until after midnight...so you seen some cold sober perhaps sleepy people standing in the middle of times square perhaps a bit grumpy that they are meeting 2010 without a buzz. heh

Anyhow, to the ops. the Jay-z thing was played in times square...as far as the video that came later..well, thats just marketing. Jay-z has plenty of money and purchased the airtime the same way as any other place purchases commercial space. Is it inapproprate? debatable really, I think its actually a good idea to have music videos replace commercials here and there.

As far as symbolism...you can look at a ram and see a ram, or see satan. You can look at a piece of toast and see toast, or see the virgin mary. Its fully up to you what symbols you take to heart. Some may look at the picture of a frog and think its a reptilian symbolism or whatever.

You can say xmas wherever you are, you can also spout hate retoric, talk about bloody tambons, etc etc...until you are representing something as a employee on the clock...then you must abide by their social rules(yes, wearing their uniform and being paid by them makes you a spokesperson of the company) ..dont like it, find another job.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just a change of Music??!!

HAHAAH!!!!

THAT'S NOTHING.

We had to change the WHOLE dammed order of the London Festival Parade and reverse it just so you Yanks could enjoy seeing the 'iconic' sights of London.

I look forward to rap songs/singers sponsoring next years London Parade along with McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Marlboro Cigarettes and bloody Crystale Champagne.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
.......and the stroke of midnight on New Year's is NOT the time to be debuting a controversial somewhat offensive song -- no matter how many fans or how much money said singer has.

I find country music offensive. It does not progress intellectual stimulation, it gives no reference to real world urban concerns, it progresses a racist meme within their target audience, intolerance, and generally makes people "more dumb". Thats my opinion.

in saying that...they have every right to purchase airtime and spew whatever nonsense they want whenever they want so long as the networks agree, it clears watershed, and is legal. This is the root of capitalism and free speech. Once you start limiting when a person can talk and about what, you no longer deserve liberty yourself.

People would have complained less if they waited till later because less people would have been watching. I personally didnt see the video, but after this moanfest thread, I actually am interested in seeing it. that is called marketing...to create a conversation/controversial thing and voila, people will talk about it. I would venture to say simply by complaining about such items proves the effectiveness of the investment.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yep.

Same in books, movies, etc

Either you can blame society for corrupting your kids, or you can simply be a parent and explain things to your kid of course...its easier to blame rap music/rock/bad books, etc etc than be a good parent though...understandable.

I blame smurfs..

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
of course it has a satanic feel to it did you see the hammer driping with blood! this video was sooo wrong at this time!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I applaud you. Your words are indeed of truthful wisdom. I think we share the same feelings.

I live in Singapore. Similar situation where MSM, the puppets and people-slaves dance to the rythm.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My view is more subwithin the blatantcy.
Check out what I got from the sub message...

Jay-Z...
(innocent enough on it's face...so if I were to want to get into the heads of the last generation to grow with family values rather than psy-ops using monotone hypnotic frequencies and colors within a certain spectrum..dark, almost Hitchcockial in form, as a black and white motion picture is all about lighting and shadow, yet the vibrant reds in lips and makeup pierces to the entranced hords very soul...as if reprograming the masses from the inside out - and all at the drop of one certain, and certainly spellbound superstitious moment in linear-procreal time;

-01 01 10: 00:00:0*

- with the repetitive tribal percussive punctuation:
[*note: in a book titled "Music and Religion" which I was given in the 70's, then turned on one of my teachers (Religion) who then purchased multiple copies and used it as his main text book for all of his classes, it is suggested that Rock music - equal to todays hip hop IMO, is rooted in rythmic log beating tribal nocturnal celebrative low frequency resonation used in the Satanic Ritualistic Tribal Ceremonies, as the tribal community dances in unpredictable suggestive unnatural body movements and in unison with the fire's dance and shadow projections - the centerpiece which all flows out from -

By the way, I can't remember the author's name and in a web search can not even find the afore mentioned book.

So...
the repetitive low resonating thump of percussion and hypnotic drone of the frequency used (always below 1K, usually below 400 and monolythic), in unison with the words, or lyrics if you must,

"on to the next one"
-01 01 10: 00:00:0*

Now back to the innocent enough sounding name; Jay-Z.
coupled with subliminal attempt to sway the last generation with values outside the propaganda shoved down our throats expelling family for corporative values,

Here is the message I believe is being delt us, like a card from the bottom of the deck:

Jay-Z...
Jerry Mathers (MatherZ)

so Jay-Z is the new beaver. But rather than valuing family, hard work and integrity, the new beaver teaches valuing the following:

flesh; i.e. oat sewing and on to the next one, (the timing of this world premier video inclusive)

easy money; pick one of the million ways to "get money" rather than earn it,

materialism; fancy cars, clothes, the oldest profession or lust rather than love, expensive material things in all respects.

What does it all come down to: The spoils of WAR mindset and Satanic take over.

Rape, Steal, Pilfer. Usery

Humanity is disowned, Family becomes extinct, Satan takes Power, Sovergnty is abandoned, One World Governance is in place, the old heaven and old earth...

no picket fences,

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

No it was not... it was the New Years eve special from Times Square, it was on multiple channels...

Of course learning to read or not is also A RIGHT, but it doesn't make it RIGHT not to either.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Its just performances that are popular at this time id guess. But, its just another angle that the music industry has. Seriously, everyone reading this, think about how influencial Music has been on your life. Those songs that you hear that trigger deep thoughts, like a certain memory or even a grip, that a song may have on you. Which sort of reminds me about N.L.P, (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) and maybe some people are familiar with this. You could consider that "THEY" want to programe you with the creed that lifes all about Money, chicks e.t.c. And the ''we want it NOW culture.'' Also, im not 'bashing' the music industry and dont want to sound like a nut, but the Rapper thing just gets more and more of a following that mainly dominates mostly all mainstream Radio's & T.v. music channels. Constantly refreshed by new acts with the same message.

Its probably not the most festive thing to hear on T.V. at a time of apparent Joy and Celebration. But there it is... You either love it or hate it... Times have changed, and the thing that strikes me is that it was usually a Taboo to have a song with most forth-right lyrics, and yet now, theres not much of a shock when we hear 'bad' language e.t.c. Heck, i swear like mad myself, but to the point, the pop/music culture has changed so much in the last 5 decades, imagine what we'll be listening too in the following future, the next 5 decades..? I think its a way of ripping down barriers, but eventually the line would have to be drawn sometime. My self, living in the UK, I watched Jooles Holland. Quite sombre, i know, but it had a variety of Bands to watch, and what with me not being able to afford to go out and join in the shananigans, it sortted out my night. A bit of 'banter' but all good natured. Guess im starting too mellow out at the young age of 23.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Not a drag no... just felt like there was a real statement in that this is what the New Years Eve special has become...

I'll say this tho... if my New Years is with kids next year... or anyone else for that matter the concept of shutting the power and finding a different way to celebrate is more appealing...

Been watching the ball drop for... 39 yrs now... Never recall saying the words "this was awful" before...

Pretty simple thing... play Music that stirs some Emotion... drop the ball

Economic and Military propaganda + a Gangsta Rap vid about money and ho's with demonic symbolism just wasn't what I expected...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join