It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 On to the Next One... WTH

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
wow... this isn't about free speech talk or just turn the channel thinking... this is a statement of our youth. all of our traditions are being twisted. My own personal encounter of things changing was observing holiday events and the loss of its innocence. Very interesting when you observe things with a mind of person who is "awake and aware".

awake and aware has a new meaning to me personally...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Turn the channel, I mean the remote's right there, hoow hard is it to just turn the channle, rather than writing an entire post about songs being played you didn't think was appropriate, or that there was hidden messages in the picture. C'mon!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
cmon dude is it so bad that people care what other people are being conditioned to?

fair enough you can switch off but what about those that simply have no idea they are being subjected to this form of conditioning?

spirit

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit777child

What will he do next?

Hmmmm....maybe play Russian Roulette with an automatic?
Now THAT would be a video for primetime!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'd just like to say that this video was very inappropriate, if this is what this decade is about then i could see the end happening too soon. I would like to say it was inappropriate because of all the stanic signs in this video, i will admit i used to like Jay-z way back in the day but since i've read a little about him he is very evil it seems, in his video there are the three marks on the skin that is a mocking of the trinity, and the three things everywhere else i'm sure is the same....i know that his album is called the blueprint 3 but COME ON how many times do you have to put threes in this video.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I'm sorry but these lyrics are clean compared to some other rap that's on play lists all over. I think they aired the video because jay-z has been getting really good PR in 09, he performed at the world series and he's got his new album the blueprint three. This guy has many fans on the east coast; typically New York. I bet this wasn't playing when the local networks in Seattle were broadcasting the celebration over there. I wouldn't read too much into the symbols in the video either, the director of the music video has made even weirder ones and basically it's all about making a memorable video. They aren't successful directors if they don't get people talking.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Turn the channel, I mean the remote's right there, hoow hard is it to just turn the channle, rather than writing an entire post about songs being played you didn't think was appropriate, or that there was hidden messages in the picture. C'mon!

Or better yet, turn your TV off all together...like a wise man once said, there is master hypnotist in everybody's home in the form of a black box in the corner of the living room.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
mopusvindictus I don' t know where you'r source is but Transylvania most certanly exists.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I accidentally posted about this in another thread! Thank you for making a thread addressing the shows last night. My husband and I noticed the same things you pointed out. Very strange.

I went to spend some time with family and a couple of my tribal elders warned we were surrounded by alot of dark forces now, more than ever. To protect ourselves because it's going to be a spiritual battle AND a battle for the truth for what's going on in this country.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Sam Brown
He's directed this video:

But he's also directed this video:

It's not necessarily the artist who decides what the video looks like. It's the producers, director, and record label execs.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
my family and I also watched the ball drop and thought it very unusual that the first video of the year was this crap. I made a comment to my brother last night that "this was the damn video they choose to be the first of the year" the first lyrics were about ho's.....while many children are still up from celebrating. Come on people.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's definitely dark and not appropriate for kids and, other than the title, seemingly not appropriate to the venue.

The catch is, although it's good to vet the video and try to bring light to its meaning and cultural impact - you have to view the video to do that! I cringed when I clicked it because dubious people up and down the entertainment food chain will make money and get publicity for doing it.
I hate to feed that beast, literally.

Don't even get me started on Lady Gaga...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Plot personality types in America and what do you get?

There are the outliers at either end – for example some kid raised by Mennonites possibly at one extreme and at the other a personality like Michael Jackson. Data within this plot isn’t symmetric, but rather lopsided, being weighted more towards the wannabe fame-and-fortune side of the curve.

Hollywood is constantly trying their hardest to reinvent the next best money-making algorithm. Our culture in many ways is a direct result of these superficial self-centered algorithms.

I was born and raised in Hollywood California. IMO, the entertainment industry and MSM are at the root of wide spread malevolence in this country. If one connects the dots of darkness, you’ll find Hollywood and its spinoff MSM providing America with a social inequality. That is a greater quantity of "dark" data points compared to "light" data points.

Turn on your TV, and get a stomach full of bling, gangstas, gold chains, dime bags, 9mms, 80K cars, and nothing but the purest of poisons for the hearts and minds of AMERICA'S CHILDREN.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
although you can't expect much from a new years celebration hosted by Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin, I was almost as repulsed by the SPARTACUS ad behind the ball drop. How tacky, that was almost worse than K. Griffin.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Instead of having to change the channel as some on here have suggested. How about having the FCC do it's job and keep this filth off of the air?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
On to the next one

I'll show him what comes after a good left hook...

A good right hook.

and then a kick in your 'kahones' to ensure you will never reproduce ever again..

Thanks for wasting trillions and trillions of braincells worldwide, Jay-Z.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Yes, that is what the world has become.

Does it honestly shock you so much?

You have the right to be heard; will you let your voice be heard?

Probably only to close friends, family, and ATS.

It's a world full of righteous cowards and evil braves. We are outnumbered.

Love and Light only go so far.

It's still a beautiful, amazing world.

Happy New Year.

(PS: The rapper's black, so make sure the Reverend doesn't have another march if you try and go public, now.)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

First ATS asks for no media monitoring, yet that changes once something they dislike pops up.

Hypocrites do not dwell well here. You are reppin' for all of us, where you're from.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It's been the same way for the past many new years i can remember, those drunken parties are geared for young adults as the main demo, most young kids can't even manage to stay up that late. Jay-Z has always rapped about those things, nothing new there. It's all about money to the big execs who throw those block parties, and they don't really care one way or the other about any message, just bringing in the young crowds. They know drunken block parties aren't going to be a huge family draw, if they were then they would probably have brought in Big Bird or something. Hopefully the OP feels better when he wakes up today.

Happy New Year everybody.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Great post!!! I was watching the vegas live and they also had a pair of talentless guys,Rappers of course, and I said to my wife, WTF?!! I could't understand anything they said except the lyrics "On the dance floor" they must have repeated 60 times in the 2.5 minute song. No talent for the writers of that one.. Now I like many rap artists and have a great appreciation for musicians in general, as I am one myself. But, today all it is, is money hoes killin and drugs,as far as rap goes. And to play that crap as an example of vision for the new year is degrading. And it is not about just turning the channel, It is about what our world is becoming and it is allowed to be that way.It for me is a sign of the times, just look at the constant aggression around us. Wars, terror plots, murders, greed, blowing people up in mass suicide bombings.. and not to mention the chaos with what the planet it going through droughts, famine, deadly earthquakes and tidalwaves. things in general are gettin worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join