It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 On to the Next One... WTH

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What I find most interesting in Jay-Zs videos as well as some of Rihannas and Beyonces (sp?), etc, is the theme of duality or good/bad or left/right. Each video is directed by a different person though, so I guess it is just artistic creation.

Lest we not forget the hoodie that Jay-Z wore in that interview though, "Do What Thou Wilt" - made famous by Alesteir Crowley and his Book of Law that he introduced into the O.T.O.
Jay-Z isn't stupid, I'm 100% he knew the meaning behind his clothing.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oneloveras

What makes you think that song is about Jay Z? That was off Amil's All Money Is Legal album that came out in 2000. Jay Z is on that same Album (on 3 different tracks)! Jay Z executive produced the album! Get your facts straight before you start posting nonsense.

I'll admit this new video along with the Run This Town video bother me a bit, and I'm probably a bigger Jay Z fan than everyone who has posted in this thread. He's an amazing lyricist, anyone who says otherwise is 9 times out of 10 just not a rap fan.

Regardless, I don't like the direction he's taken in this video. I hope he goes back to the Jay Z that doesn't use "dark imagery".

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14
reply to post by oneloveras

Regardless, I don't like the direction he's taken in this video. I hope he goes back to the Jay Z that doesn't use "dark imagery".

I'm not nessesarily buying into this Jay-Z Occult connection, but for the sake of the argument..

He may 'owe' something to the people that got him where he is. Part of that owning is having this 'dark imagery', assuming whoever else is involved in Jay Z's success in one way or another worships Satan or occult imagery. I'd like to add that Lady Gaga has a lot of occult imagery in her videos too.

I think it may come down to the director though. I've got an interest in filmmaking and I'd happily put occult imagery into films/music videos/commercials even, just to see if people notice or just because I think it adds something to the film. Doesn't mean I have any connection to it, nor would the person I'm representing for.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post, but I thought if I wrote this in my 1st post people might skip past it..

For me, the largest 'hint' of anything 'occult' is Jay Zs hoodie in the picture above. Like I said, he is a smart (business) man and no doubt has knowledge of what the phrase means.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but "Do What Thou Wilt" is about finding what your purpose is in life and letting free will take its course to allow you to get there. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jay Z followed this teaching and that is how he got where he is. He may feel he owes something to whoever taught him this.

From what I know, that phrase is from "The Book Of The Law" written by Aleister Crowley.
Alesiter, I believe, while in the O.T.O Organization (Ordo Templi Orientis/Order of the Temple of the East), changed the organizations teachings from freemasonry to the Law of Thlema - which is what the book is for basically.

The O.T.O, while not satanic or evil (from what I've researched I can't find any indicators of them being 'evil' per se) do use rituals and the like. Assuming Jay Z used the O.T.O's teachings and got to where he is, then he would certainly owe them a lot. Putting this dark imagery in his videos would be like playing out the organizations rituals and symbolism to the world.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I was out on new years with my wife and daughter watching fireworks, not sitting and watching balls drop in nyc on tv. But yeah this video sucks, jay z sucks, modern day hip hop sucks.. but after reading the lyrics to this they are stupid but they are pretty tame compared to most of the rap that gets played on tv like lil wayne and all that crap.

As far as the weird imagery I donno about all that, jay z has always been into weird stuff.

But I can say as a freemason myself most the imagery and stuff in jay zs videos has NOTHING to do with freemasonry.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join