It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad calls Obama’s bluff. Again!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Iran can enrich uranium if they want too. Doesn't matter if they are using it for power or for a bomb. Their country, their choice. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

How is your response any more educated? While I would not like to see Iran attain nuclear weapons, I would still rather just stay out of their affairs. At the moment we have no proof that they are going for weapons, only speculation.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

I don't think Iran needs to be developing nuke capability when everyone else is trying to disarm or at least reduce arms.

That being said, I also do not believe it is good for the US or the situation for BHO to be pretending to be tough when he will not bacl it up.

It is a charade and everyone knows it. The US looks foolish and Iran is further emboldened every time (at least three so far) that we back down.

We should let someone else step up to the plate. If it's Israel, they'll eradicate the problem. It it's China or Russia, they'll adopt the problem. That probably won't be good for the rest of the world, but at least someone will be in control; someone we can talk to without religious implications.

jw.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

So we wait for them to do somthing stupid? Nope, civilian deaths don't really mean that much, they've been killing each other for years and will continue to do so in the future.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Would you be ok with Police arresting you later in case you do something illegal in the future or would you rather be innocent until proven otherwise?

If we go around attacking every country that has the potential to pose a threat to us, then we might as well start WW3 and get it over and done with. Your logic is flawed.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Aaron_Justin]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you tell me your gonna do something to me in the future, should I wait for it, or be pro active. Anyhow, seems a little odd to put me on your foe list for disagreeing with you, rather politely, but have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I put you on my foe list because there is a small percentage that we could argue one day. Just took some advice from you and became proactive. I took the step before there was justification. You know, the best Defense is a good Offense.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Touche..........and I thought you had no sense of humor. Sweet, well, the worlds gonna keep spinning, people are gonna keep dying, kids will be born, and puppies will wag their tails. Nice exchanging ideas and thoughts with ya.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yes you as well. Just remember its the "respected foe" list, so its not meant to be a sign of animosity or anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

No troops are dieing due to Iran. No attacks have been carried out against the US populace by Iran. It is is questionable if they came from Afghanastan even seeing how most of the hijackers were Saudis. It is not ok for our soldiers to be over there dieing, but the solution is not to blanket the middle east with bombs, it is to just get the eff out. Leave those people to their own lands.

Actually, IEDs and their components have definitely been linked to the IRG and to Tehran (and to GE, for that matter).

Even so, we gain nothing diplomatically by giving in or appeasing these outrageous regimes.

If Obama is not willing to stand his ground, he should just find a face-saving way of stepping out of any attempted "leadership" on the issue and let others more committed take over.

jw

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Would you have any links that would go further into detail on this matter? I would like to learn more. Without any prior knowledge of this topic, I would say that it would be difficult to link any country or regime to a weapon or even a detonator due to the massive amounts of arms sales that go on every day all over the world. My point being that they could have come from a black market venue, even though they originated in X country. Again, that is an uneducated statement due to me not having read up on what your talking about.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

hello jdub297,
why is Iran a threat to you? what has Iran done to you and yours? has Iran attacked Texas or any other yanky state? have you been to Iran to see for yourself? I have.. only 2 months ago.. I was treated like a valued guest just like if I visited your state. the Iranian people are no different to texas people. It's the countries political system thats screwed just like the USA, run by religious wackos that don't listern to the people. I can't see why the average american citizen hates Iran. your own government hurts you more than Iran does.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tri-lobe-1

I haven't spoken of any Iranian threat, only Obama's "deadlines." Show me otherwise.

You presuppose way too much and it reveals your prejudices.

I was in Iran for 2 years just before the Shah fell. It was interesting, but not anywhere I'd live by choice.

My only points here are that Obama demeans the US by making unenforced "demands," and that those country interested in Iranian defiance of UN resolutions should take charge, since we obviously won't

I do not care what Iran does internally. I disagree with their support of terror, assassination, murder and radical policies put into practice through proxies such as Hamas, Hezbollah and Syria.

In sha' allah.

jw

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Here's some of what I've seen:

Iranian Qods Force Operatives Captured In Iraq

Yesterday Danger Room's Noah Schactman reported that U.S. fighter planes shot down an Iranian unmanned aerial vehicle in Iraqi airspace, and Iraqi security forces detained three Iranian Qods Force operatives in Diyala province, just north of Baghdad.

Qods Force, the special operations branch of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, has been active in Iraq since the U.S. invasion in March 2003. The U.S. military and the Iraqi government largely ignored Iranian activity until late 2006, when it was clear the violence caused by Iranian supported groups such as the Mahdi Army was fueling the sectarian violence.

The U.S. and Iraqi government began cracking down on the "Special Groups", the name given to the Iranian backed Shia terror groups in late December 2008, when several high-level Qods Force officers were detained in a raids in Baghdad. Since then, senior Qods Force commanders and a senior Hezbollah operative have been captured in Iraq. Since October 28, Iraqi and U.S. forces have have killed one Qods Force operative and captured another 14 during raids throughout southern and central Iraq, indicating Iran is still active in Iraq.

Here's more:
Inside Iran's Secret War for Iraq

A sophisticated type of roadside bomb that U.S. officials have linked to Iran has been used increasingly against U.S. troops in Iraq.

U.S. military and intelligence officials tell ABC News that they have caught shipments of deadly new bombs at the Iran-Iraq border.

Ask another grownup to help with the rest.

jw

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Maybe you should consider altering your belief system.

Obama is not naive, he is Machiavellian!
Take an empty promise, and turn it into an accomplishment.

I'm probably being too generous to Obama assuming that he's delusional or naive. Either way, he's still useless.

But you have to also blame the damn idiots as well who kept asking Obama if would talk to the Iranian regime.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Obama: AWOL in Iran crisis

It is now abundantly and painfully clear that President Obama is clueless about America's national security interests in this dangerous world.

Obama is playing golf in Hawaii as the Islamist regime in Tehran shoots protesters in the streets and admits it has beaten to death scores of other protesters taken to jail. Obama's silence in not voicing support for the protesters is deafening.

Anyone who has watched events unfold in Iran over the past three months can see that the street protests have evolved from a protest against a stolen election to a wider protest against the regime itself. The protests are not only taking place in the capital but in major cities all across the country. The most recent protests featured banners and shouts aimed at America: "Obama, which side are you on?" is a chant heard often. Unfortunately, that's a good question.

Since the revolution in 1979 that overthrew the pro-Western shah, Iran has pretended to be a democracy, but its "fundamentalist regime" slowly concentrated power in the hands of radical clerics. So, Iran now pretends to be a democracy, and the world pretends to believe it. Last October, the regime pretended to have a presidential election but overplayed its hand by stuffing the ballot boxes.

In the last 27 years, over 120,000 citizens in Iran have been killed by the regime, executed after sham trials or simply shot or beaten to death in prison without benefit of a trial. The street protests are escalating because millions of Iranian citizens have decided they have no other recourse. The question is not, what do Iranians want? The question is, is the civilized world listening? Is Obama listening?

Obama's silence over Iran's democratic protests is especially confounding after his rush to judgment in Honduras. After the Honduran Supreme Court and Congress ousted the president under a constitutional provision allowing that move, the U.S. State Department protested their action. In Honduras there was no reluctance to criticize a pro-American regime, but in Iran, the United States bends over backwards to maintain neutrality and keep "open channels" to the dictatorship run by the radical mullahs. Why this double standard?

Obama's silence is not merely hypocritical, it is patently contrary to America's vital interests.

There is more at stake in Iran than the human rights of street demonstrators. What is at stake is the safety and security of the United States. Why? Because Iran's clerical regime is the central banker and strategic sanctuary for Islamist terrorists all over the world. Iran's leadership has openly stated that one of their goals is to destroy Western democracies and replace them with a new, worldwide caliphate ruled by Shariah law. In other words, Iran's regime has declared war on the West and is covertly funding our enemies, while we pretend these conflicts are the result of "misunderstandings."

Without Iran's funding and backing, the terrorist cells in Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia, Argentina, Western Europe, Indonesia, Lebanon and Iraq would be far less dangerous.

Try this experiment. Think what a different world we would have if the radical mullahs in Tehran were overthrown and a genuine democracy installed in its place. What if there were a government in Iran that actually sought nuclear power for peaceful purposes and not for bombs? What a different world it would be if the government in Iran stopped interfering in the affairs of Iraq and other neighbors!

The democratic protesters in Iran are not asking for American "intervention." They are only asking for our moral support, a signal that we want their side to win. Why is that so difficult for Obama to do?

Since his election, Obama has been following a policy of "reconciliation" with Iran. He has opened negotiations both publicly and through back channels, offering a new dialog and apologies for America's past sins. What has been the Iranian response? It has proceeded full speed on its nuclear program, its suppression of democratic dissent at home and its support of terrorists aboard. By his naivete, Obama has made himself worse than irrelevant: His silence implies support for the Iranian regime.

Like millions of other Iranians worldwide, Tim Ghami, the head of the Colorado Iranian American Community, follows the events in Iran closely. He follows the daily bulletins posted at www.iranfocus.com, a website run by Iranian dissidents, and he also gets information by e-mail from friends.

A naturalized American citizen who worries about both America and Iran, Ghami believes that within 12 months the dictators will be gone – if only America and Europe will give moral support to the democratic forces.

But Iranians are not the only ones who are asking Obama, "Which side are you on?" Americans, too, are asking the president to change course.

Memo to President Obama: This is not a mid-term exam at Yale. Iran is at a crossroads. The vital issue here is your country's safety and security. Talk to the Iranian people, not their tormentors.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

hello Jdub297,
Well at least you know where Iran is, thats great, but the shar's time was 30 odd yrs ago--are you CIA-- maybe--- because your old school preducies are showing...you would like israel to step up to the plate and eradicate the problem.
doesn't your own country support terror,assassination,murder and radical policies. didn't America say the same thing about Iraq that it supported all terrorist organizations in the world and it needed regime change, look at the solution to that crock of do-do...thanks usa. Now you are saying the same things about Iran that it supports a.b,c and d. Is this more american do-do. I think so. I'm sorry that you dont like your president but your mates voted him in,thats democracy and you want to force this on different cultures against their will....go baby go..... by the way when did America abide by UN resolutions all the time...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Well if you must require an answer to my removed post, For someone to say it is ok for a country that wishes death to any country that is not like theirs should not have the ability to wield the power atomic energy.And as my post had stated. It is simply foolish to give a baby a sharp object SIMPLY cause that child is too young to handle the responsibility. AS goes for a country that has had a history of wishing dominance.
Their really is no need for Iran to need that sort of energy,and there are far more things that can be done to improve their infrastructure, wind and solar, even burn oil.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tri-lobe-1
reply to post by jdub297

... your old school preducies are showing...you would like israel to step up to the plate and eradicate the problem.

Once more, your prejudices are revealed by your presuppositions.

Where have I said I want Israel or anyone else to do anything.

All I've said is that if Obama doesn't want to, he should quit spouting empty rhetoric (sort of like you are doing). Anyone else who is concerned (Oz, China, Russia, Israel, France, et c.) enough can step up instead of letting the US look foolish.

Why do you insist on reading things that aren't there or trying to read my mind? You can not do either.

I do not care what Iran does. Or any Middle Eastern nation, for that matter. They are all basically tribal and, if left to their own devices, will revert to their traditional systems.

didn't America say the same thing about Iraq that it supported all terrorist organizations in the world and it needed regime change, look at the solution to that crock of do-do...thanks usa.

Yes. You are welcome.

Now you are saying the same things about Iran that it supports a.b,c and d. Is this more american do-do.

It does. No.

... thats democracy and you want to force this on different cultures against their will....

No, I don't. We're having a hard enough time maintaining a capitalist republican system here. We don't need to fiddle with others'.

..... by the way when did America abide by UN resolutions all the time...

**** the UN. We should evict the squatting, beggar, intermeddling bastards.

jw

<< 1  2    4 >>

join