It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad calls Obama’s bluff. Again!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I just want to know why Obama hasn't met this guy face to face.
He said he was willing, with no conditions. Just a sit down and talk.

Instead we get more of the same ole same ole crap.

No, I didn't vote for Obama. I thought he was full of crap.
But many family members and friends believed his words and promises.
They are all getting a bit disilussioned about him. Still, though, they keep reminding me about how good he talks, unlike the idiot in charge before him, GWB. Sigh. For them it seems if they get raped by a sweet talker, it's okay. It's not rape if the rapist is of your own party.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Meetings happened and nothing productive was achieved. I can't believe anyone would blame Obama except for his naivety to expect something useful for this long to come out of any meetings with the regime.

Ahmadinejad is a pawn of the regime's revolutionary guards, which is exactly why the deal which was agreed to ship uranium to Russia and France was later rebuked. Any deals made by the regime puppets weren't kept. What was Obama supposed to do? Plead with them to keep to the deal the regime puppets made! Obama has given a year and I'm sure he even realises by now there will be no deals done.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Here is where you see the ultimate act of hypocrisy in this country. (And yes it's the right wingers)

Stay out of my life US Government!

Damn US Government, why aren't you completely dominating that foreign country?

Does anyone else see the irony?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
A lot of this depends on just how real the reports of possible rebellion in Iran are

Yep the media is the west are a waste of time.

Amazing how anglo american empire is causing some of iran to fight, and the western media says it is the whole country, while most of iran want there government.

So if most of iran wants its government, what then does that mean to the few who are causing trouble, they are going against the will of everyone else.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by kyred

Meetings happened and nothing productive was achieved. I can't believe anyone would blame Obama except for his naivety to expect something useful for this long to come out of any meetings with the regime.

Maybe you should consider altering your belief system.

Obama is not naive, he is Machiavellian!
Take an empty promise, and turn it into an accomplishment.

He's been run over by Kim, Sarkozy, Putin, Medvedv, and Ahmadinejad so many times, yet spins each "agreement" into some evanescent, ethereal "accomplishment" it is now a sad joke. ("The system worked perfectly.")

How many doses of reality does it take before people realize they've been duped. Anyone with any sense of reality/history knows that you do not "bargain" with a lying dictator.

[quoite]Ahmadinejad is a pawn of the regime's revolutionary guards, which is exactly why the deal which was agreed to ship uranium to Russia and France was later rebuked.

You're kidding, right? Are you saying that the IRG make political deals? What role exactly does their President play, then? And why would Obama want to negotiate with him, instead of the Ayatollah? Maybe you should tell BHO what you know, because he seems intent on dealing with the political arm of Iranian leadership.

There never was any "deal, by the way. The negotiators "agreed" to relay the propsition, nothing more. Anyone who took that to equate to an "agreement" is a fool!

Any deals made by the regime puppets weren't kept.

There were no "deals." Simple, really. Some people believed there were because they want to believe everything Obama says about himself and his "accomplishments." The rest of the entire world snickered into their hands as the US MSM and faithful gobbled up Obama's gospel.

Guess who the real puppets are, Pinocchio.

What was Obama supposed to do?

Be honest? Show some spine? Leave Iran the **** alone?
(Personally, I vote for the latter. But that would require Obama to acknowledge that the Bush's "Axis of Evil" characterization was the appropriate diplomatic stance. Sometimes, you have to call a spade, "a spade.")

Plead with them to keep to the deal the regime puppets made!

"You can't argue with a sick (regime)." (paraphrasing that diplomatic genius, Joe Walsh.)
There was only a "deal" in the minds of the blind faithful.

Obama has given a year and I'm sure he even realises by now there will be no deals done.

He's known it far longer than that. He also knows that he can continue to milk this ruse for all the domestic "good will" he can squeeze from it and the credulous sheeple willingly give him.

How many in the MSM have counted his "deals" as "proof" of his foreign policy "prowess?" How much do we have to show for them?

Baaa, baaa. Your shepherd calls you; hurry now.

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Here is where you see the ultimate act of hypocrisy in this country. (And yes it's the right wingers)

No, it's you. You are either deceitful or sadly misinformed.

How much criticism did the left heap on GWB for his "isolationist" stance, his "Axis of Evil" principles? His insistence that Kim, Ahmadinejad and Hussein could not be trusted?

No one on the "right" ever advocated negotiation with these tyrants, yet Obama and his sycophants tout every failed "deal" as "proof" of his superiority.

Want to see true hypocrisy? Look in the reflection of your monitor.

Stay out of my life US Government!

Damn US Government, why aren't you completely dominating that foreign country?

You misconstrue or conflate abhorrence and vilification with/as a desire to dominate.

Hating the devil does not mean you want to go to Hell.

Does anyone else see the irony?

I'll ask the same question.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Amazing how anglo american empire is causing some of iran to fight, and the western media says it is the whole country, while most of iran want there government.

Just exactly how is the "anglo american empire" causing Iranians to fight? Is it the "empire's" fault if a minority of Iranians desire the right to be heard, to be free from persecution, or from segregation?

So if most of iran wants its government, what then does that mean to the few who are causing trouble, they are going against the will of everyone else.

Do "the few" include the women who want equal rights, or the minorities who reject discrimination? (as in most Western nations)?

According to your logic, certain "few" in this country would not be voting, owning property, or even be free at all.

Slavery was "the will of everyone else" for quite some time. "Equality", was once considered only to pertain to the majority, as were many of the "rights" that you apparently think do not exist in Iran.

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The Above posters above.. all Americans telling another country

how to live , Typical

American is one of the most fascist States on the globe, and you

people dont even realize it.

Vote on your choice in your 2 party system, send letters and e-mails

to your officials that will never get read.

LAND OF THE FREE ...... FREE ON THE PASTURE WITH THE SHEEP

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So then, let's just get the show on the road already.
let's blow somebody up,
I mean a whole nation, lets really get this ball rollin,
Start the next war,

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
So then, let's just get the show on the road already.
let's blow somebody up,
I mean a whole nation, lets really get this ball rollin,
Start the next war,

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone who couldn't reason to post that thought.

From the OP:

Someone will ask, "What do you want, just go bomb 'em?"
That's truly stupid. But I didn't set the "deadline." Obama did.

We have no business setting imaginary "deadlines" in the first place; don't you get it?

This is all for show and for the sheep to take as comfort.

Deny ignorance.
jw

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There is no need for meetings, nor a deadline. the time has passed. In truth the only thing saving Imadinnerjackets ass, as well as the rest of the middle east is that the US plays politics. Enough, let the Airforce do what they are sooooooogood at. After bombing them even further into the stone age, I don't mean like desert storm, I mean destroy absolutely their entire infrastructure, then we make demands, not suggestions, demands. Enough of our troops have died for nothing, put it to 'em. Isolationism isn't such a bad thing. The UN uses us at every turn, then makes us out to be the bad guys. O.k., we're the bad guys, let's start acting like it. Close the borders, here illegally, prison, visa expired heavy fine, expelled from the country, seperatist organizations ie Cair et al, gone deported bye bye. The UN can get the hell out of NY. Forget Africa, the ME, South America, Russia, all of em, enough is enough.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I think I have become greatly exhausted on political front.there is so much we don't know about the workings of government. And yet it is so easy to have all the answers behind the screen at the keyboard. And on the other hand, for me, A nation that has been fighting for thousands of years, Yeah it should be ended. maybe the US just isn't worried about Iran.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
There is no need for meetings, nor a deadline. the time has passed. In truth the only thing saving Imadinnerjackets ass, as well as the rest of the middle east is that the US plays politics. Enough, let the Airforce do what they are sooooooogood at. After bombing them even further into the stone age, I don't mean like desert storm, I mean destroy absolutely their entire infrastructure, then we make demands, not suggestions, demands. Enough of our troops have died for nothing, put it to 'em. Isolationism isn't such a bad thing. The UN uses us at every turn, then makes us out to be the bad guys. O.k., we're the bad guys, let's start acting like it. Close the borders, here illegally, prison, visa expired heavy fine, expelled from the country, seperatist organizations ie Cair et al, gone deported bye bye. The UN can get the hell out of NY. Forget Africa, the ME, South America, Russia, all of em, enough is enough.

Reading that makes me embarrassed to be a human being (like you).
You want genocide. (think about that and compare yourself w/ Hitler)
You want to kill em all. (all the decent people need to die too huh?)
I'm having difficulty reacting in a civil way to your way of thinking.

You are just WRONG!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Yep and american corporations and country can stop stealing worlds resources.

Pure filth, anyone who wants morons to blow up anyone.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

Is it wrong to be put in this situation......the players in the game, ie the leaders have brought it to this. How many of our troops is it o.k. to kill, how many attacks on our populace is it o.k. to endure? How many people is it o.k. to kill worldwide, before something is done? We have the means to do it, and haven't so far.......when is the time? If they do detonate one or two dirty bombs in the US then is it o.k.? After they nuke Israel (gencide), would it be o.k. then? I hear alot of talking from both sides and nothing is being accomplished, do you have a better idea? You have your opinion, and I have mine.......nuff said.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I would agree, the terrorists in those countries and with those beliefs are pure filth.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

"Terrorist" is in the eye (and mind) of the beholder.

I've known several people who've served in Desert Storm and/or Iraqi Freedom. As soldiers, they do not question their leaders' orders or logic. But they all, to a one, agree that nothing we do there will ever make any difference.

These "countries" are just cobbled-together tribes. These are tribal people who for thousands of years have not been loyal to any central organization.

Some have gone so far as to describe the indigenous people of the area as "barbarians."

We should try to trade with them, but we will never influence or control them as a whole, or even as "nations."

jw

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
anyone else tired of the usa and its citizens. leave iran .afganistan . and 1oo+ other countrys shut holly wood down its a virus to the world .
god help us prevail from usa. born and bred countless generations from ireland scotland and wales england uk.

for the sake of old ang zine and life on earth ( aint america big enough)sorry ifi dont spell right

I FEEL ABOVE TOP SECRET ISNT ABOUT UFO OR THE UNEXPLAINED ANYMORE .
I FEEL ITS ABOUT GAUGEING HOW PEOPLE VIEW/FEEL ABOUT WORLD EVENTS A ABOVE TOP SECRET IT IS NOT.

PS. i will try to make this my last ever post/reply ive done with it all .
i love ufo and other type threads but bashing arab countrys i will not take part. and its always j . or yanks and when are they iranians going to launch a missile to reach your borders and if they could i dobt thy will./. jesus its about central bank ctrl it wont work the nwo without iran. look to south america.
if iran is doomed then we are ten years behind irans doom we are the free individuals....

dashar]

[edit on 1/1/2010 by dashar]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

What exactly would you say the premise would be to go and bomb Iran at the moment? Because they are not complying with UN resolutions? What do you think that would solve? Do you think that this would create even more terrorist that would be starved for revenge after that?

I know that if a country came and bombed the US infrastructure, I would want a reckoning. I find it appauling that you would even suggest such an act if for nothing else, than all of the civilian casualities this would create. Furthermore, even the military targets would be unwarrented because we have no proof of any direct threat from Iran to the US.

Too bad there is no new world left to discover on Earth so we could just leave the war mongers behind.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Is it wrong to be put in this situation......the players in the game, ie the leaders have brought it to this. How many of our troops is it o.k. to kill, how many attacks on our populace is it o.k. to endure? How many people is it o.k. to kill worldwide, before something is done? We have the means to do it, and haven't so far.......when is the time? If they do detonate one or two dirty bombs in the US then is it o.k.? After they nuke Israel (gencide), would it be o.k. then? I hear alot of talking from both sides and nothing is being accomplished, do you have a better idea? You have your opinion, and I have mine.......nuff said.

No troops are dieing due to Iran. No attacks have been carried out against the US populace by Iran. It is is questionable if they came from Afghanastan even seeing how most of the hijackers were Saudis. It is not ok for our soldiers to be over there dieing, but the solution is not to blanket the middle east with bombs, it is to just get the eff out. Leave those people to their own lands.

The US foreign policy is like an alcoholic. We drink it in for 50+ years, then cannot figure out why our liver turned on us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join