It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second whistleblower emerges to confirm reality of time travel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Do you honestly think the government or some university is going to fund Dr. David Anderson's work, as far as being private and having a vested interest he does have to make a living like the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I personally believe in time travel. I have seen odd things that suggest to me that things have been altered.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article, and time travel would be amazing to perform. I am liking everyone's Hypotheses as to how time travel would affect the Universe. You are all skipping one step though.... how to perform it, and if time travel is actually possible. My answer to the latter is a most unfortunate no. Time travel, in a very light sense of the word, would only be possible over great distances. Let's say you wanted to travel to a planet of which was 5 light years away. If you were to travel at the speed of light, you would get there in 5 years (duh, lol). Many events can take place in 5 years. If you were to travel there much faster than light, then you could get there before certain events of which happen in that 5th year take place. This still would not be time travel though. It matters not how fast you travel, you cannot go forward in time---nor backwards. Something else I must state is that Time (or at least to my understanding) is only a measure of physical change. All things in the Universe can only exist in the present. As they change, they do so in the present. The past and the future are only perceptions of the human mind, or at least to my knowledge.

All of what I have said are only my two cents, so to speak. Feel more than welcome to correct any of what I have just said. I enjoy it when others find fallacies in my ideas and concepts. It's very much similar to having someone proof read my paper.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0

IMO if it were possible it would be massively flawed as you'd not only have to pin point the exact date you wish to travel to linearly, you would also have to calculate the position of the earth in the solar system, the position of the solar system in the Milky Way and the position of the galaxy within the universe to avoid ending up in the middle of space.

It may indeed be just about possible to calculate where the Earth was in relation to our solar system & where our solar system was in relation to our galaxy, but I doubt very much that we could ever calculate exactly where our galaxy was in relation to the universe! So that's a star for you my friend! This theory and the theory about our constituent molecules posted by Epipactis (who also gets a star!) are two of the best theories I have ever read regarding the impossibility of time travel.

[edit on 1/1/10 by sotp]

[edit on 1/1/10 by sotp]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by findlesticks
It's a really interesting subject but cannot get to grips with or fully understand it, how can someone travel into the future if it hasn't happened yet?

Quite so. The future will always be the 'time that's yet to come'. So I guess we can only really ever exist in the present.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf
I personally believe in time travel. I have seen odd things that suggest to me that things have been altered.

Im interested in what you may have seen to come to this set of conclusions.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
time can be stopped ..locally.briefly [southern hemisphere , atomic clock 1966]

during the stoppage , those immune to that effect , can travel

above time , to any point...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
time can be stopped ..locally.briefly [southern hemisphere , atomic clock 1966]

during the stoppage , those immune to that effect , can travel

above time , to any point...

Please explian what you mean by that statement.

i dont think i understand what you are getting at by "above and beyond time"

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I am encouraged that others are coming forth to discuss time travel technologies. The subject matter has many areas of dicussion and complexity to be completely understood, but let me touch on a small one that has me thinking overtime.

This posting provided some very interesting and relevant information and after reading some of the many postings, I couldnt help but wonder if the "Memory Holes" discussion also on ATS could be in some way be evidence that time travelers are using time travel information gathering technology ("Looking Glass & The Cube") to alter the past based on knowledge gained by the same technology about the future. One such unusual anomaly could very well be that when the past is altered by time travelers from the future, the moment such a change occurs, the time line and future events related to that specific change are altered or deleted.

The altering event could be making some past physical items vanish from the present as if by magic because of the removal of those humans that generated the information placed on the Internet in the first place. Since the originator of the information has been undone in the past, the information wont exist in the near present or future because someone just erased that event from ever happening in the past. It only makes sense that the information created by the originator once terminated would have to dissapear from the Internet as well and when and if it does, it could leave holes of missing data that would and could be misunderstood as something else. It is the frequency of these memory holes that could be an indication of the frequency of abuse currently going on using such technology to achieve the removal of data, humans or both. Whatever the reason, criminality comes to mind.

Our failure to address abuse of such technology would allow the continuance of those that would use such technology to murder and alter time for purposes of hiding crimes. By knowing the future and traveling to the past, criminals could terminate witnesses in the past and erase those that they know could prove their guilt or complicity to some crime being investigated. Stopping this type of erasure abuse should be a priority to any disclosure regarding time travel technologies because it has the serious potential to end crime or at least prevent anyone from getting away with murder and conspiracy. For this reason alone we should see the importance of ensuring government does not abuse this type of technology to undermine ethical and moral behaviour or to get away with murder in a way never envisioned by decent human beings.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
TIME CONTROL TECHNOLOGIES AND METHODS
Format: Adobe PDF Format, 23 Slides

Time Control Technologies and Methods is an overview presentation of basic information and a comparison of ten different approaches to controlling time. Each approach is compared based upon its potential for time travel to the future and past, transport of matter or information, and viability based upon present or near states of technology, materials and power needs.

Link to download:

www.andersoninstitute.com...

www.andersoninstitute.com...

Very interesting read, gives you an idea of some of the work Dr. Anderson is doing.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Give this one a star. There is a brain at work...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Right again, another brain at work...

I say, if you want to hide something, do it in plain sight...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

I've seen that one before, it is thought provoking. There are some weak points, such as my understanding we are 4D beings perceiving only the third as opposed to their viewpoint of us being only 3D. Also by logical extension the digestive track analogy can be applied to the higher dimensions, therefore what appears as inanimate to us here may very well have life in the next higher dimension.

So it is my understanding our life originates in the 4D. Can you see the obvious hint of the continuity of the soul? Or at least that which perceives itself, what we call consciousness. Life then exists in greater variety and number as higher dimensions are attained.

What if John Lear is right, and all worlds are populated? How about returning to them apples, salt of the Earth?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I do not know where I read it. I get most of my advanced alternate theories from Sci Fi books I have read. Books in the several thousands. There is a book peddler store in my town. Used books for cheap and trading, was my hang out for years.

Anyway, if one was to stop time locally say a cue ball, that ball would seem to shoot off at a rate of whatever the speed of the local area (say Earth) was traveling at in relationship to the Universal Field (3rd dimension) as another commenter mentioned.

This field, they better damn well research every possibility before making, even the simplest test run.

Another idea postulated by my brother, he is quite out there, that once we have proof of black holes, we have proof of alien intelligence.

Because he believes black holes cannot be a naturally occurring phenomena (some type of cataclysmic time collapse), that they had to be created, hence; the destruction of that race.

His idea of the black hole being not a naturally occurring phenomena gave rise to my idea that time itself is not a normal dimension as postulated but separate from the other dimensions. Still trying to wrap my head around that.

Just saying that if there are an infinite amount of possibilities and alternate realities, time is like the envelope that contains all of those possibilities. Hence the black holes are voids that interconnect the other possibilities.

See, still cannot even put into words the idea.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Original Air Date: 12/23/2009 10:00 PM

DR. DAVID LEWIS ANDERSON - Time Travel: "Journey's into Time." EPISODE # 9

David Lewis Anderson, Ph.D. is a physicist whose interests are in space-time physics, special relativity and global community service. Anderson received degrees in engineering, physics and philosophy. He was employed at a young age by the United States Air Force conducting advanced research and development at the Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC) at Edwards Air Force Base in the Mojave Desert.

During that time he laid the foundations for what would later become known as time-warped field theory, an approach that modeled and described how to use the natural forces of inertial frame dragging to create contained and controllable fields of closed-timelike curves. Anderson provided one of the first comprehensive overviews of historical views of time and time travel in the documentary "Time Travel - Journeys into Time".

Scroll down to Epidsode 9 for download

www.blogtalkradio.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Granted, I Am Not A Quantum Physicist, but I do have some ideas on how the "rules of the road" in time travel might work.

First and foremost, the old chestnut of the Grandfather Paradox, or any other paradox for that matter. The Universe and most of its subsequent parts are, by and large, a self-healing organism. We can see this in microcosm here on good ol' Terra Firma in areas that have been left for natural reclamation after farming, or natural disasters.

Seriously. Check out some of the more recent information on the area around Pripyat, in the Ukraine. 20-someodd years after Chernobyl, and Mother Nature has made some great strides.

I suspect that even if paradoxes could occur, then the universe would more than likely compensate for it in some fashion, whether by retconning things to the point where the paradox could not occur (possible explanation for deja vu?), or by treating the paradox like a cancer and eliminating the problem timeline.

Going backward, I would think, would present several difficulties. One, you have to generate enough energy to fight against the pull of entropy, which is always trying to move things along. Next, you would have the problem of getting back, reliably.

Quantum theory supposes that multiple timelines branch off from each decision point, each event that occurs, every millisecond of every day. Unless you could leave a trail of 'breadcrumbs' to follow, or have some other way to determine your relative position in the multiversal sheaf to where you came from, you could potentially spend the rest of your life hopping the timelines and not get any closer to home. This would impose a requirement for massive computational ability and data storage, so unless you've got a convenient warehouse to time-travel in, your range would also likely be limited.

Going forward might be slightly easier, but also presents its own problems. First, you've got the branching timelines again - which one do you follow? And again, how would you get back? Quantum probability may be of some use here, in that it would help predict what the most 'stable' iterations of your current timeline would be. Again, big honking computers manned by big honking brains. Energy requirements would likely be lower, since you're going with the "flow" of entropy as you move forward.

There are some ways that these limitations could be worked around. Quantum entanglement/teleportation comes to my mind, as we've already proven that two entangled particles mirror each other in space. Time may be another means for it. As far as energy generation goes, there've been a few ideas about harnessing the power of a singularity - not a huge one, but a smaller one like some say the Large Hadron Collider will spawn. Basically, just feed it mass, and farm the resulting Hawking energy.

In summary, I think it's possible... I just don't think we have the technology yet to make it a predictable, much less safe or reliable, mode of exploration.

But again, I am not a physicist, just a wannabe SF author.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Whats to say Nikola Tesla didn't already travel in time and change it accordingly?

Whats to say John Titor wasn't real?

Our timeline is like a chessboard....except our goverments can see the multitude of possible outcomes and the only one that we end up seeing is the choice of least consequence.

The other question here is, is our timeline the very first one to find and use timetravel technology?

By the sound of it it may be, and if so, then imagine how bad the world events must be in the other timelines/alternate realities if the ones we see in our timeline are bad enough?!

Someone mentioned earlier......why let the tsunami happen without warning?

What would have happend if they averted 911?

What if JFK wasnt murdered and the military-industrial complex wasnt allowed to take control?

Why is the US so desperate to remain in Afghanistan?

Why is the worlds governments denying existence of life on other planets?

many complex questions arise from all this....one last one, and its a scary one....if the USA has been spending like a drunken sailor on its military/defence budget even thou its economy is shattered, what do they know about the future that they are preparing now for?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I reckon we also could be in one particular dimension of time except that the PTB like the Sliders couldn't quite understand the complexity and variables that would occur when they started fiddling with this dimension of time.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I just listened to the interview with George Noori and it was very interesting.

One thing I found funny was that he said nothing happens globally in 2012 BUT the East Coast of the US, especially DC ends up under water by some "event", Im guessing the Canary Island collapsing into the sea.

He also says the world is a much better place in 2040 which he travelled to...Cities/buildings are more mixed in with the environement by having plants and trees everywhere around the buildings like they are kind of morphed together.

He also said in 2040 everyone is either teleporting around or local riding Segways.

The other scary thing about the whole time travel program is that they go into the future and see who will become a US [resident then go back in time and brief them when they are still young about where their destiny will take them.

Why?

Wont this change their path in life or destiny?

If not it gives credence to the notion that your future is already written and you just follow the plot as the years go by unknowingly.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Time is a river flowing forwards. Time travel into the past in the realm of reality as we know it is impossible (3D). Time travel is such an umbrella term. Look at the astronauts who came back a fractional year younger after orbiting the Earth. That is time fluctuation. Time travel and time fluctuation are WIDELY confused and misused terms. Remember we are always learning, look into Nessim Herresin, I believe his name is? He has smashed a large chunk of quantum theory to bits with an award winning paper published in late 2009. The world is always changing. I believe a Unified Field (Not unified field theory which would leave uncertainties) will disclude most mathematics as we know it. I have been heavily researching vortex-based mathematics recently and it's virtually unheard of. But it is so revolutionary, it is the future in aeuronautics, bianary, AI, magnetics/electromagnetism etc. What I am trying to convey is - We are always learning.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Paradox.]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join