It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran opposition: troops, vehicles moved to Tehran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

There is no such thing as `War Crimes`, as the definition of war is all rules are off...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am not Iranian However i am a Shiite Muslim therefore I am keenly watching the development in Iran in regard to opposition protests. Since I have been active on other Shia Community Forums I can tell you, Mossuvi is seen as a troublemaker to most of the Shia community around the globe, and to my best knowledge from the information i could gather through forums he is not popular in Iran either as much as it appears on Western Media. And My views about Mossuvi are in line with the rest of outside Shia Community. They are just trying to use same 'tactics' that were used during Islamic revolution however it all seems too fake to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Oh my, I hope the boys dont hurt each other with all those tanks and all!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Maybe you are looking at the wrong sites!
Or..you are spreading disinformation..popular or not, the people are telling a different story, and they are writing their story in blood.
Even thought you are not Iranian, will you not stand for your brothers and sisters in their time of need?.
I would appreciate it if you could list a few sites to which you refer..I have Iranian friends who would be most grateful for your help in this matter.

Peace be with you.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jean59

There are various Shia Forums Shiachat.com however is the most popular among them and you have google too to search other Shia forums. And why do I have to spread disinformation.

The reason outside Shia think of Mossvi as a troublemaker is that, Iran is already an Islamic republic then what kind of change he wants to bring to Iran ? does he want to make it more Islamic or less Islamic ? Even if he gets into power do you think it would change the lives of Iranian people significantly if so then in which aspects ? He is just like any other political rival trying to grab as much Western Media attention as he can, and West has every reason to give such 'attention'.

You must realize iran is fundamentally a religious country it were its people who brought Islamic revolution in the country, there are liberals in the country too, who might not be happy with Islamic sharia etc, but that does not mean they should overthrow the Govt when they are not in majority. So this is my opinion as an outsider.

PS: At least you can appreciate that I am not pretending to be from Iran while 'tweeting' from the suburbs of Israel

[edit on 4-1-2010 by LOYAL]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Thank you for your reply..I meant no disrespect to your self in any way.
The protests did not start against their belief system but against ( as they see it) a rigged election. Because of the way the protests where handled it became much more.
Irregardless of one`s belief, one should have the right to determine the course they want to take as a people without having to die for it.

If a parent is to harsh with the child then there is a good chance the child will rebel.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jean59
There is no mention of tanks in the Green Brief dated 3rd Jan..The students are protesting by not sitting exams..they have managed to have the exams delayed by a week.

Being a revolutionary is tiring business, they need another week to revise!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jean59

by the way i just started another thread ' a true insight into Iran election protests ' if you are interested you can read it here.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by LOYAL]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

There are various Shia Forums Shiachat.com however is the most popular among them and you have google too to search other Shia forums. And why do I have to spread disinformation.

The regime will have its own agents spread disinfo on the shiaforum site. Often they comment on western forums and news sites, and you can sometimes tell by their style of english, but not always.

There will still be a small percentage who have much to lose by the fall of the regime - they may be wealthy and not wish to lose it all. And there are some who did vote for Ahmadinejad, but not the majority. Can you tell me why the only supporters for the regime number in the tens of thousands, when the opposition is in the millions and expanding, if what you say is even half true?

Even revolutionary guard commanders who have had to flee are giving us the same picture - that the regime is falling and the Iranian people are mostly opposing the regime.

Ex-spy chief says Iran government about to collapse

A former high-ranking intelligence official in Iran has called for his country to form better relations with the United States and Israel and says the government of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is on the verge of collapse.

In an exclusive interview with the Bangkok Post Sunday, Mohammad Reza Madhi, a former officer in Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards' intelligence service, described Mr Ahmadinejad as ''crazy'' and unfit to lead his country.

''He has already destroyed international relationships with many countries and made them enemies of Iran,'' said Mr Madhi, who was forced to flee Iran in 2008 after being jailed for 73 years on what he described as ''trivial'' charges. ''This has cost the Iranian people so much. His ideas are dangerous.''

Iran's opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi said on Friday he was ready to sacrifice his life in defence of the people's right to protest peacefully against the government after the worst unrest since the disputed June presidential election.

* Full story : Iranian insider predicts regime change

Mr Madhi, who says he was once the right-hand man of Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and passed on information to respected cleric Grand Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri, who died last month, has been in regular contact with the opposition Green Path of Hope group since he left Iran.

He said while his country should remain the Islamic Republic of Iran, religion and politics must be separated. ''The good clerics should help the people and the government, while the bad ones should be ousted from government,'' he said.

Mr Madhi said a motivation for Iran improving international relations was the poor economic situation in the country and the need for it to be part of a globalised world economy.

''We cannot close our eyes to the United States and Europe. They are strong political and economic powerhouses. If Iran is to prosper, we need to have good relationships _ both political and economic _ with everyone, includ ing Russia.'' On Israel, he said: ''It is the Iranian government which doesn't recognise its right to exist, but the Iranian people might think differently.

''Israel's internal problems are its own affairs, not ours. We shouldn't get involved. It shouldn't concern us. My view is that Israel has the right to exist. We should recognise it.''

Mr Madhi was highly critical of Ayatollah Mohammad Taghi Mesbah Yazdi, a spiritual adviser to a group of hard-line fundamentalists closely connected to senior leaders in the current Iranian government.

''He is a very crazy man who hates Israel and the United States especially. Unfortunately, President Ahmadinejad is one of his big fans as well.''

The former intelligence officer said that instead of imposing sanctions, western nations should look to supporting opposition groups and not recognise the Ahmadinejad government.

The government wouldn't be about to collapse if it had support of the majority of Iranian's.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

LOL if you think I am being an agent of Iran's Govt. ?
my IP can be checked by the Admins of this forums If they think I am from Iran they can ban me. 2ndly I have nothing to hide about myself either and i share every bit of my life on Twitter/facebook etc too.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

No, I'm not being specific, and I'm not accussing directly. I have noticed they favour youtube, and british media - the times, guardian etc. Your thread seems a fairly valid analysis from June apart from missing out the stolen election and the coup d'etat, but 7 months is a long time, and much has happened since then including the opposition being undistinguishable from ordinary iranian's from all ages and backgrounds.

And last week the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) are now playing a part in protests, possibly along with Iranian dissidents who are brave enough to return to their homeland to fight the regime if the regime's claims that a british passport was found in one of the protestors can be taken seriously. Although that wouldn't be a good idea for iranian dissidents because they would be treated extra harshly in the evin torture chamber and used as propaganda tools by the regime. But it may be inevitable that ordinary people want to help their cousins.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by john124]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join