It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 3D Television Channel to Launch in the U.S. in 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

First 3D Television Channel to Launch in the U.S. in 2010

It certainly looks like 2010 is shaping up to be the year during which 3D finally moves from the realm of novelty into both mainstream film and TV. Satellite cable provider DirecTV has a new satellite in the air, and according to HD Guru, one of the 200 new HD stations to be broadcast from it includes the first U.S. HDTV channel in 3D.

There are still some technical hurdles to clear before you’re watching zany sitcom antics flying toward you, but the trend is clear. The satellite begins full operation in March, and existing DirecTV set-top boxes will simply need a firmware upgrade to support the 3D programming. Unfortunately, you’ll still need to pick up a 3D-capable HDTV to play it back, and that’s where the market lag will play a role in determining how fast 3D will penetrate.

Full Story

I saw the movie Avatar 3D and was very impressed , if these TV'S can bring that experience to peoples homes then we could be in store for a movie revolution like we have never seen before .

Having said that , I will hold off on any new TV purchase until more is known how this tech will be and what it may require in its final development stage .

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I can't wait until I can see FitTV in 3d.
Here is some more 3d stuff.
www.dlp.com...

3D support for PS3 games: gizmodo.com...

3D TV without glasses: www.markstechnologynews.com...

3D Mars Gallery: www.rainbowsymphony.com...

Take 3d pictures with any camera: www.3djournal.com...

[edit on 1-1-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Star for you !

Those are some great links !!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Just did a google product search , I don't think the price will surprise any of you LOL

$8,999 new from 1 seller
Bring your content alive with the Philips 3D intelligent displays. Based on WOWvx technology, its astonishing 'real' 3D effect immediately grabs the attention of the viewer. If you want to make an unforgettable first impression a Philips 42" 3D display is the right choice for you.

Not posting the link to the site as it may violate the T&C's ??

Anyway a simple google search will find it for you .

new topics

top topics

join