It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God Spoke, what language would God Speak?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
would ganesha speak in elephant ?

just a thougth

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
God speaks the language of Frequencies. That is how he can communicate with anything.

Frequencies are the true language of the universe.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Meh, started another one anyhow.

Furthermore, the evidence of basic syntax in a primate relative as distant as the division between Cercopithecidae and Hominidae, in addition to the multi-sensory expression of redundant communication methods which have ancient roots suggests that the development of language was not an adaptation to the loss of an innate "telepathy" we once had... but that we never had it to begin with. I'll give an example in a moment, but surely such an advanced ability would require at least the same level of inter-connective pathways and complimentary processes as the visual cortex? Where are the vestigial cognitive functions which attempt process a portion of a now defunct "phantom" communication system?

Back to God for a moment, it's evident that were he to try to communicate via language, that he'd be kicking around a patchwork clunker primate brain with a pre-frontal lobe "Red Green Rigged" supercharger in terms of getting any kind of important message across (let alone one such from the mind of GOD). We obviously are not innately skilled at learning written languages, so speaking to us via a book no matter what language is kinda pointless. What about speaking to us through the universe? Perhaps... but we're not very good at innately inferring reality for what it is either. Otherwise, we wouldn't need to have invented for ourselves the logic based methodological error-correction tools such as the Scientific Method and Mathematics our brains lack. What those tools have shown us is that... we're actually blind to all but a very narrow sliver of the universe which we needed to adapt to survive in. That's even a worse idea than the book, don't you think?

This example applies to both above subjects, as what we see is not only restricted to basic survival level in our environment - but ramshackled through that brilliantly complex and yet wholly messy brain into a "shadow on a cave wall". Considering how densely interconnected and multi-functional most regions of the brain are - it's important to understand what we perceive is not a singular observation, but a representation modified by multiple interacting specialized regions - some of which aren't even directly useful in visual processing but are over-applied to little effect aside from perhaps slight optical illusions or the tendency to process positive facial or spatial recognition to patterns to arbitrary and inapplicable situations. Your visual cortex is not the centralized processing center of visual perception, but rather only the first step in a hierarchy of visual perception. The most useful current hypothesis suggests two "specialized" visual perception streams. The Dorsal "How/Where" stream which involves the processing of spatial recognition, modeling, and motion tracking tasks.. the "hard" vision. The Ventral "what/who" stream is primarily responsible for recognition of patterns and associations with memories, gauging importance, and helping to assign emotional relevance. This hierarchy of visual processing can present a problem...

The phenomena is called pareidolia, and is caused by arbitrary patterns in a roughly "facial" configuration triggering the activation of the ventral fusiform cortex very early in the perception stream - which will effect the processing of all subsequent tasks down-stream. However, this doesn't override or negate the later associations in perception and with long-term memory which correlate recognition. What you consciously see is both the object for what it is, as well as a face simultaneously. What's cool about that is that you could actually use a small electrical pulse to disrupt the VF-Cortex, watch that video again, and you wouldn't perceive the faces.

Perhaps I know why God isn't speaking to anyone. Perhaps with all the other useful stuff he left out of us or slacked off on... he completely forgot to put a "soul" in us. How embarrassing for an all knowing deity? Sheesh. I suppose we're lucky we got the the duct-tape of executive cognitive functions and the spackle to hide the seams so from our point of view, we can't tell the difference.

Perhaps the question is not what language would god speak, but rather why would you want to talk to such a being after all that? See, this is why he used to smite people and demand fear. Kept us from realizing who he really is.

(I'm being sarcastic, of course, as I do believe in God - but I don't believe in a personal god who interferes in our lives or our universe. One that's likely to not even be aware of our existence, or perhaps wouldn't care. We could be the manifestation of a predicted emergent processes irrelevant to the universe's true purpose - or perhaps merely lost in the crowd of billions of other sentient life forms which have emerged. I imagine such a being would likely have very little to say to us, or motivation to say it)

God may speak the language of creation, but I don't presume to think that it's a message meant for us.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
reply to post by Lasheic

Some interesting points you have raised Lasheic...

We obviously are not innately skilled at learning written languages, so speaking to us via a book no matter what language is kinda pointless. What about speaking to us through the universe? Perhaps... but we're not very good at innately inferring reality for what it is either.

You are of course, correct. One of the most annoying problems with all languages is that they are subjective and as a result, ambiguous. Statements are open to interpretation and we generally jog along with an approximation of the meaning what has been said or written. When it comes to relaying an experience, we try to abstract it to convenient points of reference that we then try to convey via language which of course, is wholly unsatisfactory but is better than nothing.

Perhaps I know why God isn't speaking to anyone. Perhaps with all the other useful stuff he left out of us or slacked off on... he completely forgot to put a "soul" in us.

Maybe it is 'we' who have forgotten about the 'soul'!

Perhaps the question is not what language would god speak, but rather why would you want to talk to such a being after all that? See, this is why he used to smite people and demand fear. Kept us from realizing who he really is.

'We are but private parts of the Gods, they play with us at their will'... You use a human reaction, of the listener, to judge the actions of an omnipotent being. Can a cockroach consider the actions of a pest exterminator and hope to understand?

God may speak the language of creation, but I don't presume to think that it's a message meant for us.

On this point I am in total agreement. For too long 'we' have considered ourselves the object of 'the Great Work' rather than simply a facet.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

God, well.

The light of God is eclipsed by the shadow of our soul falling upon the walls of our heart.

Or would you prefer the high order and beauty of nature?

You know your Master's voice.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It can't be music, you wouldn't need ears to hear with. It won't be color, you wouldn't need eyes to see with. I don't think it would be art forms, for art is revealed by what it is NOT (i.e. from a block of stone, Michelangelo's David emerged from the chips that were removed so it is what was removed by creation that is the art) It cannot be any of these things, but none of you are wrong, either.

God is that which is the remainder of all that we think IS. God is the ability for existence to exist. We cannot use fragments to define him/it/she/they. Words cannot apply. God cannot be seen, cannot be heard, cannot be felt, tasted or smelled. What you feel when you think about God is not God, it is YOU feeling. But how did feeling come to be? How did any of it come to be? He/It/She/They is not unreal.

God does leave tracks. You can see where god was, by the footprints (and don't take that word literally). You and I are what god left behind and we are in a place that God left behind. "I am that I am? The Word

"Of silent wonders it will tell, with silent voice and mystic spell, Of hidden ways in clearest sight, on a moebius road through darkness bright..."

This is the language that God speaks.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have problem with God. He don't understand what i said.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
how do we know how something communicates of we dont even know what this something is.

some say this something is everything ,
some say this something is you
some say this something does not exist

could it be that all three are correct and that in order to understand god you must understand what god is ?

if god is everything then god is also the first stone that is thrown or the stone thrown in a glass house

if god is you then you are the one who throws the first stone or the stone in the glasshouse

if god does not exists then you are still responcible for the first stone thrown or for the thrown stone in the glasshouse anyways

one can then also argue that all above is wrong and that god is just data and that you process that data by your own free will how you see it fit

still leading to the question what is the pourpus of a god if you by your own free will can exclude that variable.

why be given the freedom not to see/hear/taste/feel god in everything if god is in your face anyways all the time ?

does god speak thou action or movement and is constantly "speaking" throu this force or is god just passive and does nothing and everything that has any meaning happens throu inner self realization

is god the thought that you must throw the first stone or is the throwing of the stone the voice of god , is the action in its whole a muttering of god or just parts of it or none ?

if god is everywhere and everything then god is also the agent orange raining down of confused villagers or the uranium enriched bullet stuck in the celing tiles giving you the daily head ache you never asked for,

questions, questions , can something be restricted in what it can be or is the restriction it cant be less ?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't think God wouldn't speak to us audibly. Every man/woman would hear him in their heads in their own language, telepathy I suppose.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
God speaks Ancient Hellenic (telepathically), there is no body so there is no mouth , the colour is bright white-golden light (aura)

[edit on 1/1/2010 by kostas2012]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think the univeral speach.......guess related to wat they spoke in MU once.....

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
God is truth, truth speaks all languages
God is one, and all, he is all languages
God is functional to himself, he speaks the most functional
in a life where he is hidden.

It means he speaks every word through you,
and in choice he speaks the most usefull, functional way

when you get a vision, he is behind it,
the vision is not a confirmation, it is a invitation
to search behind.

In god all is holy, and god comes shines throught the lowest,
it means sometimes he looks boring, and is laughed at.
But in the end because of only one absolute truth,
he stands firm where there is no choice.
God has free will, not choice, that's why you are here,
to give him choice, think one, think Him, and you take away
choice, and you'll do the most functional to One, and you will
speak from Him, and hear Him.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antideceit

That makes sense. If God will speak He will do that telepathicly because that way the deaf will also be able to hear him and maybe that way people also can be able to see him, which can be good for the blind. That way every person can experiance and understand God.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Personally I think he would speak jibberish, just kidding but for real I think he would speak in a way that everyone would understand without using words, more like a display. $&F

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
this is ridiculous, if there is a "god" and it chooses to make itself known, it will speak in a way that is understood by all. you can't create everything (supposedly) then not know how to do stuff.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

It depends the purpose.
If god is all and perfect he can not choose against himself, because of no desire to do so.
If god is all truth, where do you put the lies ? that would make him not being all.

So he needs a way to include all, without loosing himself,
this world is this paradox, to allow god a choice and to be the lies,
so truth always is and will be one, including, not excluding.

He talks to everyone different, but hidden, what is one,
knows what is one, and does not need the name god,
he needs growth in this world.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wouldn't God just create a universal translator like they have in Star Trek? While many want to view him as technophobe who uses mythical powers for everything, there is no reason to think that he isn't a huge tech geek. In fact he may have technology that we could only dream of.

He might even appear before us in a hologram that automatically translates his words into the major language of the area. Which would likely mean a massive number of holograms would be used to reach every part of the planet. Which would require a massive computer that only God could build.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Since God is outside of time itself, "He" would not need to speak at all. The message would have "arrived" to you in your past and you would know the message all ready.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I' m not especially a believer, but isn't that said in the Bible that when Jesus sends his disciples around the globe to spread the good news there is the Holy Spirit descending on each of them, " and so they spoke every language of mankind " ( badly remembered and translated from my 20year-old French Bible )

I assume God wouldn't talk to you. You would get the answers by other means than the sound only. Shapes, colours, whatever...He has the power over everything, what the hell is that useful for if he can't communicate with a small unsignificant human ?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Every religion has its own God so IMO; jesus speaks english, Allah speaks arabic/hindi etc.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join