It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO´s over Holland at new year

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
i saw about 30 from my window during the firework precessions, some were orange others red.

what was interesting is that it was the first time i saw them and the wind in the UK was quite heavy causing them to move at very fast speeds.

if it wasnt during the fireworks and only three or four were released and i only caught them at their peek in the sky i would have been totally bemused.

and could easily have concluded that they were ufos...

perhaps all the lights in the sky of late can be easliy explained by these lanterns.....

just a thought.

spirit

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Can't quite find images similar to the lights we saw, but the chinese lanterns idea definitely seems to be the best explanation. I was so sure they weren't because of the way they moved and appeared.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CapnAJ

Hi,

Wasn't going to mention anything but as this thread has - last night whilst Berlin was enjoying Silvester (fireworks on every street) from my study noticed an orange/red light moving;

a) for longer than a normal firework;
b) in a straight line (north east to south west);
c) agaist the wind (and snow).

Initially thought it to be a helicopter but there were certainly no navigation lights as such - just an orange (more reddish) light and no mechanical sound.

Next thought it might have been a lantern but it was certainly going against the wind.

Finally shrugged it off as a new type of firework... probably called 'Let's confuse the hell out of UFO spotters'

And sorry no photo - only remained in my view for something like 5 seconds.

Peace!

;

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapnAJ
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok this one sucks, but at least the long exposure gives you an idea of the movement. I was holding this by hand, hence the wobbly trail.

Hmm... these photo's don't really help explain my point very well.

Anyone else see these over Europe?

I know that these weren't "chinese lanterns" as they were moving against the wind direction and it was snowing quite a bit too. Well maybe they could be, but they did move against the wind direction.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by CapnAJ]

This picture looks exactly like a firework. Fireworks on new years eve...who'd have thunk it?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
That's the bit that has intrigued me the most the direction of flight against the wind and the same in all the reports I've read.

I'd like to think it's lanterns, as that's the simplest explanation. But who knows, maybe some people have better photo's that can clear this up.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

This picture looks exactly like a firework. Fireworks on new years eve...who'd have thunk it?

I know, it's a bit rubbish. But it continued through the sky until it passed over our apartment and out of view and didn't explode. Took maybe 2 minutes to pass. I could very well just be a chinese lantern though.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

as you can see they move in all directions

spirit

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CapnAJ

Saw two amber/orange type ufo orbs last night. Near to Stoke on Trent, Satffordshire. Wind virtually non existant, coming from the west according to maps, almost totally still. Suddenly as we stepped outside two amber/orange type ufo orbs came from the direction of the moon and zoomed past in like ten seconds max and were gone.

So virtually no wind and it was coming from the west, in contrast two ufo orbs travelling from the east at a speed much faster than a helicopter.

No flickery lights, proper spheres of light, I know Chinese lanterns and these weren't these things, they were proper amber/orange type ufo orbs.

My camera was already on a tripod taking pics for new years, no chance to grab as these were travelling really fast, but they looked just like those I filmed in my avatar.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Look
I used to fly gliders. It is possible for something to be picked up by a current going in the opposite direction to what you perceive as the prevailing wind. For heavens sake, we stood outside my house early this morning and watched the fireworks accompanied by whole groups of 'orbs' exactly as in this pic and others (if you care to google it). And indeed one went astray and came over our houses while most of the others kept going in a different direction. It happens. Why are people so desperate to believe?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
More intrigued, but this is the first year I've seen them used. I am behind the lanterns answer, though they did strike me as odd. Three things that stood them out as odd for me was the flight path in the base of the cloud going in a different direction to the cloud and the snow, that they flew over the town coming from points in the east a few km's apart and that they were a solid un-flickering colour.

But in the face of this, stands the logical and simplest answer is that they are lanterns launched simultaneously by people spread over the edges of town at ragular intervals for roughly 45 minutes.

I thought that they were military jets at first, but for the lack of identification lights, so came here for theories and most likely explanation.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CapnAJ

The two I saw were really fast, quicker than a helicopter, flying in the opposite direction to the virtually non existant wind. I have been at arms length from a ufo orb in the past and these things definitely resembled them, not lanterns which have a style all of there own.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well i saw just about 100 of them last night over shropshire, England and NO WAY was they lanterns, NOT pos, flying in formations, steady keeping the same distance apart, forming complex pattern is the sky, then rearranging themself to form a perfect line - - - - - -

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Can you provide any footage? pictures?
thx in advance.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dingal2000

Mine were flying towards shropshire matey, that's very near to me in Stoke on Trent. Mine came from the east heading west, where were yours heading? Also where in Shrops?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

They were travelling too quick much qicker than a copter, big bright and amber/orange just like those in my avatar. Went outside and they cleared the sky in less than ten seconds, had the cam on a tripod inside taking single pics for facebook lol and it was too quick to get it and film.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dingal2000

The perfect line thing is typical, they are expert at making perfect patterns. Never seen the line but had a perfect circle once above me and it was flippin freaky, all pairs of different colour types, not just amber/orange, or white, blue pairs, reds, yellows, greens. They show intelligence

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm in the UK, and i too watched the fireworks that were being set off around my area.

I was looking when an orange point of light came into view, moving across my field of view from East to West quite quickly, but in a mostly horizontal flight path, this was quickly followed by another, then another, and another.

They all followed the same route, one behind the other.

I'm normally the LAST one to mention the infamous 'Chinese Lantern' as an ID for these things, but on this particular case, that was what they were.

They looked 'terrestrial' with the naked eye, i don't know how i knew they were ordinary lanterns, they just looked 'from around here' if that makes any sense.

I dug out my bino's and positively ID'd them as lanterns. They were being launched one after the other i assume, and were all caught in a fast moving stream of air, a few hundred meters or so high.

Maybe these were what you saw too? I say maybe,because it could just as well have been ET craft, or black projects tech from here...or something else entirely!

I'm really glad they did turn out to be just lanterns, because now i know for absolute certainty, that what i saw in the sky last year may have have shared a passing resemblance to C.L.'s, but they definitely were not, despite a lot of people here, suggesting they were.

So, some good can come from a sighting of something 'earthly' if only for comparison with something else.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

More seen heading from east to west? But the winds were west to east last night, max 8mph, while everybody seems to be seeing these ufo orbs flying in opposite direction at some speed

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit777child

One of the posters said those things are illegal in Germany, is it the same in the UK? I find it hard to believe that many European countries would be celebrating using a Chinese custom object.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I lived in Den Haag for 5 years until 2008, and to people who have never been in Holland for a New Year, I really can't describe the sheer number of fireworks set off at midnight! It is crazy... There is a constant fireworks display for a minimum of 20+ mins, as everyone and his dog set off the most ridiculous fireworks they can get their hands on, which continues to the early hours! I love it!

There are literally 3cms of red paper from fireworks covering everything the next day due to the sheer amount of fireworks released.

However... trying to spot 'unusual' lights in this time is just crazy. ET and every type of alien could land, in space ships lit up like Christmas trees... and no one would see!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join