It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO´s over Holland at new year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Admin edit: Removed post due to it proclaiming a link that doesn't exist. See the "post of account" below...

[edit on 12-31-2009 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good evening fellow ATSers, let me start off with wishing you all a Happy & Healthy new year.
I've been watching the fireworks over the west of holland and I've noticed some strange phenomena.
I know from watching the fireworks that all of it pretty much goes "BOOM" up and then explodes in some fashion or another.
However apart from the usual stuff I'm used to here, I've also seen fast moving lights. I observed them from 00:05 till 00:45 local time. Heading from, what I've cross referenced using googlemaps, North-West/North-East to South.
I´m wondering if anybody else in Holland or another place has seen the same.
Take care,
Syrtunis

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Syrtunis]

admin edit: removed non functional link to no where

[edit on 12-31-2009 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi!

I am from Holland too, Rotterdam to be precise

I also saw a lot of fireworks here, some very fun to watch

I also saw those red little balls swirling across the sky...but those are just some new type of fireworks

Where those the ones you saw? ^^

Ps: I also saw a few orange ones

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Errrr.... WHAT link Syrtunis??

I couldn't find any video at YouTube for this date either...
Can you give us any pics.... even of the fireworks would be cool!!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
No the ones i saw did not `Swirl` but moved consistentley in a horizontal direction. From North to South and they also were without the standard blinking light which you see on commercial airplanes.
There were over 20 in a course of 45 minties.
Thanx for the fast reply, it´s nice to see there are people this close paying attention.
Cheer´s.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
with all due respect but the post says .. look after the link .. Which link ????? can't find the link and I also life in the Netherlands well not exactly I life in Fryslan but I like too read it.. so if you can help me with that link ?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

Sadly I´m one of those people who sees something without having adequate recording media.
I did made an attempt to record with my mobile phone, but the light conditions were too poor.
I will try to enhance the picture through a software app if possible.
And then post it here.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If you can't link to the news source can you tell us which source it was please??

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't see a link either, anyway New Year, Orange balls = Chinese Lanterns--watched a few round here tonight, HNY.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I came on here specifically to find the inevitable Chinese lantern sighting and was not disappointed. Look it's New Year. Loads of people are setting them off. Just been watching a few myself. They can appear quite high in the sky and may present as either steady or flickering lights. And these days they are not all orange.
Happy New Year!

[edit on 31-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Perhaps this should be locked and a pm to the op holder so as to organize his information.

Keep the channels clear....

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
those r chinese lanterns,im also from holland,they were flying by the dozens,very poulair these days
and there was a pretty strong wind also

cheers

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I found this website whilst searching for people who may have seen the same things that I have and found this thread.

I some strange orange lights in the sky over Västerås, Sweden at about 0010 until 0040 last night. There were about 10 or more at intervals, between 1 or 3 visible at a time. I thought at first I was watching a firework rising, but then it continued to cross the sky for some time and over our apartment. They appeared to fly from the north to the south in a somewhat diagonal line across the town. They moved fast, had no apparent aircraft navigational lighting other than a orange/redish white light. I managed to photograph the last lights. Anyone know where I can put them up for you lot to take a look.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapnAJ
I found this website whilst searching for people who may have seen the same things that I have and found this thread.

I some strange orange lights in the sky over Västerås, Sweden at about 0010 until 0040 last night. There were about 10 or more at intervals, between 1 or 3 visible at a time. I thought at first I was watching a firework rising, but then it continued to cross the sky for some time and over our apartment. They appeared to fly from the north to the south in a somewhat diagonal line across the town. They moved fast, had no apparent aircraft navigational lighting other than a orange/redish white light. I managed to photograph the last lights. Anyone know where I can put them up for you lot to take a look.

imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Just uploading the photo's now. Not the best quality images... as seems to be the norm with these events. I'll post the link shortly, as it is taking an age to upload.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I also watched the fireworks and some of the lights in the sky where distress flares...... could that be what you saw

I still cannot see your picture

happy new year

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Lanterns for sure, no need to upload any pics even. We released some 20 lanters in gothenburg at 12, someone did the same thing where you live.

There was even a news story last year about people believing that the lanterns were UFOs...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope that worked, took too long on Imageshack. I'll get the other one up shortly.

I saw a distress flare the other day over the lake nearby and that was very different to the lights that flew over town last night. I have noticed that a lot of people in England have seen something similar to me, after a quick googling.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok this one sucks, but at least the long exposure gives you an idea of the movement. I was holding this by hand, hence the wobbly trail.

Hmm... these photo's don't really help explain my point very well.

Anyone else see these over Europe?

I know that these weren't "chinese lanterns" as they were moving against the wind direction and it was snowing quite a bit too. Well maybe they could be, but they did move against the wind direction.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by CapnAJ]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Actually the chinese lanterns idea does seem to be the most likely explanation. I suppose the wind direction could be different at the cloudbase than ground level too.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by CapnAJ]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join