It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft & DEA, a match meant to be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Apparently the DEA is bribing Microsoft via sole awards P.O's so that they (DEA) can spy on people. I found this while looking at Biz Ops for my own business and found this interesting. It needs scrutiny because the DEA (thru my own contacts) I have learned is highly interested in "tricks" used by hackers and competent computer geek-types (not my wording there) to get information in a forensic sense while investigating suspects which to me, is finer. BUT, I also understood (via my own sources) that the DEA would love nothing else than to be able to do this from a distant, meaning to deploy then activate such a tool without ever having to obtain a warrant for the computer.

In other words gain info from any computer without following the letter of law regarding search & seizure, evidence & collection. Dangerous indeed!

The Drug Enforcement Administration intends to award a sole source purchase order to Microsoft Corporation for the acquisition of training support regarding CALEA-compliant internet-related investigations.

Biz Ops Gov link

Just posting it for information purposes. Not looking to debate any conspiracy issues that it may provoke.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
WoW! S&Fd!
Good find.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just another reason that I run Linux!
line 2

Tru

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
That's it, I'm leaving Microsoft. Final straw.

Like a friend of mine says about V.I.S.T.A, Virtual Internet Surveillance/Tactical Application.

Anyone willing to sell an ounce of your privacy deserves to be canned. Clear the way for those that won't snoop in your private lives and stop giving your money to legal criminals.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

BOOO HISSS BOOO

This is proof yet again why I can't stand Microsquish.

It's not quite as bad as Google and the Great Chinese Firewall. We're getting closer though.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I free'd myself from Microsoft yesterday (Woot!)...
Interesting thread.

reply to post by SLAYER69

What is the Great Chinese Firewall?

[edit on 1-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Which is why you do not do questionable business on your computer. If you need to store any data that you do not want getting used you use a closed off network or a computer disconnected from the internet.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Microsoft Sees 60% Increase in Profits? Yeah, right... as if!
Microsoft attributes this increase to the demand for its windows 7? LOL!
It is pretty apparent that the CIA is not only laundering money through Microsoft, but cooking their books for them as well.
Lets face it, there is NO global demand for windows 7. Windows 7 offers little more than incremental changes and cosmetic improvements over Windows Vista. At the end of the day, its still slower and more unwieldy than windows XP, requiring more memory and processor speed to attain the same benchmark performance as that under XP.

To make matters worse, Windows now has more issues of vulnerability and exploitation. The recent black screen of death is a perfect example of Microsofts lack of responsibility for keeping vulnerabilities out of its software. Prevx, a third party software security company, reported this vulnerability and legitimately attributed it to a microsoft patch. Microsoft aggressively refused to accept the blame, implying that it was mere coincidence that 80 million people should be instantaneously infected by a passer-by virus immediately after having installed their patch. But, somehow Microsoft got Prevx to issue an apology. How, you ask? Prevx did nothing wrong. And, its findings were accurate. Most likely the CIA showed up at their door, flashing their badge in the interests of national security.

Microsoft, you see, is in the perfect position to spy on the world. It's viruses do not come about on their own. Their software is programmed to be exploited and, in essence, designed for viruses and designed with back doors! And cmon, why do you think they have been able to maintain a monopoly and not be trust busted all these years? Microsoft is in bed with the corporate fascist banking cartel that runs this country is why.
One of Microsofts tricks is to choose not to follow the age old software axiom 'keep it simple stupid' (or kiss). If they did, it would be much harder for them to hide vulnerabilities. (and YES they are hiding them) Instead, rather, they follow the model of clandestine organizations such as the federal reserve system (banking cartel) which prides itself on convolution and non-transparency to confuse the masses while saying, 'trust me', with a wink and a smile, as they loan and lose your money. And, dont kid yourself. The DEA is also as much controlled by these few corporate fascist banker elites.

LOL Even the Inquirer says windows 7 is a scam. The mainstream press, of course, wont touch it because they too are owned by said banking cartel, which is abundantly apparent from their lack of investigative reporting into the global warming sham, the irresponsibility and non-transparency of the federal reserve, the Fort Hood shootings, the Diebold presidential election fraud of '94, the 9/11 inside-job controversy, the assassination of JFK Jr. on 07/16/99, the Oklahoma City bombing cover-up, the Waco TX massacre cover-up, just to name a few.

I have boycotted all Microsoft products happily for some time now, having turned to the Linux side. Everything that can be done on Microsoft can simply be done better on Linux.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by stoneysauce]

[edit on 29-1-2010 by stoneysauce]

top topics

join