It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"New-Agers",Freemasons:Please Read This

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Well, Babylon is a symbol for materialism, as were the World Trade Centers. The only thing positive that can be gleaned from the tragedy of 9/11 is that it was the symbolic crumbling of the materialistic mindset and the renewal of a spiritual one.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the EdgeWhat I really wonder is if those who claim to be seeking "love and light" can be convinced that it is Lucifer,(Satan),that you are following,and that that is a bad thing!

Who the hell are you?
Where do you get off peddling this crap?

What psychotic neurotic trip are you on? You're talking about imaginary mythological spirits or something? like they are actually 'people' ... ????

"God" is a "good guy" and "Satan" is a "bad guy" ??

like in a freaking plot to a children's cartoon or something???

GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK!!!

There is no evidence that "Lucifer" is actually the same concept as "Satan" nowhere in Judaic/Christian are they mentioned as the same "being".

It's just folklore you grew up with and prefer to believe.
If you're a true fundamentalist, you'd recognize that as heresy, as it goes against what scripture states.

The word "Satan" comes from Hebrew "Shaytan" which means "the adversary"
The word "Lucifer" comes from Latin meaning light bringer...
...and IMO you are a blind man and do not understand scripture at it's physiological / psychological base.

you just see it as a movie plot and you're trying to side with the imaginary guy you think will 'win' in the end.

they're symbolic psychological aggregates that represent specific aspects of universal consciousness and the struggle of being intellectual animal being in an human body!

you have NO idea what Freemasonry has in store for you.
may you stand in AWE when you witness the Lightman.

-

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
I never connected the dream really. I tried to derail war, 'letters to congress, letter to president, letters to ambassadors, protest marches, all the usual'. Got really depressed after invasion happened anyway, no rational sense at all. Seemed to signal new badder era for the world.

Americans sit and discuss 'tribulation' while people all over the world are already experiencing it, mostly from US supplied weapons.

To me,it only makes sense from a biblical/prophetic point of view.

If you believe in God,you can believe it when He says people will reap what they sow!

It may take a while,but count on His final judgement. In the meantime,we can pray for mercy and understanding,and patience!

Our government is highly powered right now by dark forces and show no signs of abating.

Hang on tight!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

was the symbolic crumbling of the materialistic mindset and the renewal of a spiritual one.

That's why it is so important for people to be spiritually prepared to deal with what's going on.

All the usual things most people have turned to for continuity and comfort will most likely continue to disappear.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You say:
The word "Lucifer" comes from Latin meaning light bringer...
...and IMO you are a blind man and do not understand scripture at it's physiological / psychological base.

-

From what I posted on page 4:

QUOTE:

..."While Christianity views Lucifer as the personification of evil, the esoteric teachings of the occult and the New Age movement embrace him as an agent of intellectual and spiritual freedom. Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, the "mother" of the New Age movement and modern occultism, taught in her Secret Doctrine that Lucifer was "higher and older than Jehovah, and had to be sacrificed to the new dogma" of the Church. She further expressed in her "great work" that Satan, under different god-names, is really an allegory of "Good, and Sacrifice, a God of Wisdom." Blavatsky believed that Satan was the only god of earth, "is one with the Logos," and is the "cosmic reflection of God."

Blavatsky also equated Lucifer with Jesus Christ. This thinking is partially derived from various mystical interpretations of God’s Word. In Revelation 22:16 Jesus is called the "bright and morning star," and in Isaiah Lucifer is referred to as the "son of the morning" (the NIV also says "son of the dawn"). Mystically and astrologically speaking, the bright and morning star is Venus, which, in the teachings of occult schools, is symbolically Lucifer. And in the solar cults, the morning star is frequently referred to as the Sun, or "son" of the morning, and "son of god." According to Blavatsky’s esoteric theology, "Lucifer is divine and terrestrial light, the ‘Holy Ghost’ and ‘Satan,’ at one and the same time…" Her Secret Doctrine further stated,

"And now it stands proven that Satan, or the Red Fiery Dragon, the 'Lord of Phosphorus,' and Lucifer, or 'Light-Bearer,' is in us: it is our Mind – our tempter and Redeemer, our intelligent liberator and Saviour from pure animalism."...

You say,"you have NO idea what Freemasonry has in store for you".

And it doesn't matter! I know Jesus is Lord,and victory is already His!
I'm sorry if you are siding with the losing team!

[edit on 3-1-2010 by On the Edge]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The above post is intended for Prevenge,but somehow it didn't come through on the Edit!

I wondered if the name Prevenge is a take on the word Revenge,because you seem to be seething with anger.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Main problem I see with new agers is they don't know the difference between physical/flesh and spirit.

That's a pretty broadly stroking swath of the brush there buddy.

Then again I am guilty of doing the same with Christians and Muslims.
...broad swaths that is....

-

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
I'm not afraif OF New-Agers,...I'm afraid FOR New-Agers,that they are following beliefs that sound nice,but are deceptive.

could you go into a bit more detail into how exactly they are bing decieved?
thnx.

I'm merely urging people to question that belief system a little further. If they are content with what they believe,even if it's roots are Satanic,that is their choice.(A most unfortunate one,in my opinion!)

and you have no urge to question your own beliefs.. or perhapse.. learn a DEEPER understanding of the scripture? maybe a new and symbolic level?

or have you learned all you need to know and seen all you need to see in the scriptures?

lastly...
let us know exactly how th eroots of that new age belief system is 'satanic' ?

what do you define as 'satanic'... ?

do you know what satanism actually is?
you know that Satanists don't worship a 'god being' named 'satan' right?

-

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I'm curious as to whether you have followed and read through the pages of this thread.

I've listed what I believe and why.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
That's a pretty broadly stroking swath of the brush there buddy.

Then again I am guilty of doing the same with Christians and Muslims.
...broad swaths that is....

-

Yes, I just have to rely on people knowing that I don't mean things in a general way. Otherwise I end up having to type "only talking about the bulk, or those who do this thing exactly".

But I in no way mean to generalize or paint with a broad brush and completely agree that it is not valid in such a way.

I'm not a Christian, and alot of them consider me to be new age.

The specific problem there is they still see themselves as "flesh". They see that all is connected and so forth, and it is. But they see themselves as a part of the "universe" itself. That matter has "consciousness", rather than consciousness being all about and so forth.

You have the observer, and the observation. That which experiences, and that which is experienced. The observation is not alive, that which is experienced is not alive. That which observes and experiences within all that - that is the true life.

They end up treating spirit as just another form of the physical.

You are right, it's not true of all. But it's just a common problem/thing I see.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Are there any "new-agers" who could explain to me what they feel I am missing out on by not sharing those beliefs?

I am curious why somehow believing in a God,as opposed to believing "we are all like God" is somehow "less enlightened".

Maybe that's not the right question,but you'll know what I mean.(I hope!)

What "spirituality" do you have that you would deem superior to the oneness I feel with the Holy Spirit of God?

How is worshipping the "sun" or "earth",or whatever,more spiritual than worshipping the Creator of those things?

Sincere questions. Hoping for some sincere answers!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Well, firstly, I don't know of any "new agers" who "worship the sun or earth."

Secondly, most "new agers" believe there is an ultimate God. Now, a true "new ager" will say that we are all a part of it,which a slight glance at
Genesis will show that to be true.

The spirit is made of "breath of life." How did God bring Adam and Eve to life? "He breathed into them."

[edit on 3-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

If we are going to use 'labels' of a 'new ager' I can relate for your point of view...

As far as I know, a place of understanding to start....most 'new agers' dont worship anything. Your ideas they worship the Earth and Sun and Moon or whatever is not something I have experienced amongst other spiritualist.

A spiritualists (new ager) keeps an open mind and gives reverence to all things that they are a part of. The Earth is our mother, they might feel at ONE with the Earth and might pay her much respect by keeping her clean, giving thanks to her for the food she gives us ect....but this is not worship. They might do they same thing with the sun, I take a moment every day to make 'awareness' to the sun for what it is, the life it gives, the warmth I am so thankful for. But still....these things are not God, I dont treat them as if they are The Most High. But they are of God, just as I am, just as the oceans that move to and fro are, just as the blade of grass is, just as though every single star is.....I give reverence to all things, but worship nothing, God knows I love Thee and knows I am aware of Thee. Some 'new agers' might worship God....but worship is usually an idea of a 'god demanding something, such as worship'.....and God, from my experiences, would rather you sit and talk to Thee, instead of worship. God likes to talk, likes to walk beside us, likes to laugh with us, likes to hold us while we are in pain. God likes interaction....from what I have experienced.

God is humble, so when worshiped, Thee only bows back to you.

What you gain from your belief is very fine....some people feel a pull in their gut to move a step farther....to really relate to the nature of what God is, to discover this for themselves instead of being told about it.

From what I have read in your posts....you do have a personal relation and are very much seeing things alot of 'religious' people dont see. Keep your heart open and keep the door wide, just in case Thee has something to show you. Even though you claim a religion, I dont see that you have cut out limits to what God is....and that is the key right there. Dont set limits to God. You can find the Spirit of God in many religions, its when someone tries to say that this or that is the ONLY place you will find God.

LV

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The only real different I am seeing that you believe that holds you separate from 'new age' is you still have alot of 'fear' about this 'satan' and deception.

If you care to move farther into such talks, we can, this is up to you, so the ball is in your court.....

All is well, either way

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Even though you claim a religion,

I hope you meant to say,"Even though you DON'T claim a religion",because in truth,I have not. I said I don't believe in Sunday worship,which might make me more of a Seventh-Day Adventist-type,but that's as far as it goes.

And I apologize for suffering from the "broad swath" syndrome that's going around! As far as "worshipping" the Sun or whatever,..I didn't know what else to relate it to. Actually,I think it's more of man's worship of Self and what he can attain.

I don't know if other Christians have experienced the paranormal element in this universe as I have.(I gave just a few examples in an earlier post here.) I am open to whatever God allows into my life,and know He gives me the tools to deal with it. Even now,I pray God uses me as a "conduit",if He sees fit.

I haven't always walked the straight and narrow,as I pretty much do now(except that I still smoke cigarettes! ) I am in awe to simply still be around at all!

As far as the "fear" and "deception" part...Because I believe in Satan,I am glad to be made aware and be on alert to his schemes. The Bible tells us the greatest danger in the end-times is Deceit.

Not all things can be Good. We must have discernment. Poison mixed in with good food is the most dangerous of all,because we will more readily consume it.

To err on the side of caution,I go by the old saying,"If you're not with me,you're against me!"(1 John 4:1-3,to be more specific!)

God has kept me very humble. Having the experiences I have had,I am not judgemental. I am just a living,breathing testimony to the power of God in my life,like so many millions of others,and it is my duty,and privaledge,to share that encouragement with others.

I thank you for taking the time to answer my request the best you could.
It would seem what you said about the biggest difference being my belief in Satan(Lucifer) is true.(Which,actually,was the point of this thread!)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Poison mixed in with good food is the most dangerous of all,because we will more readily consume it.

That is where you and I would agree. I have warned people about the "new age" in that regard. For argumat's sake, say that the "new age"is 90% true. It's that 10% that isn't that you have to beware of. I agree with you in that regard.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Poison mixed in with good food is the most dangerous of all,because we will more readily consume it.

That is where you and I would agree. I have warned people about the "new age" in that regard. For argumat's sake, say that the "new age"is 90% true. It's that 10% that isn't that you have to beware of. I agree with you in that regard.

Yeah,that does seem to be a huge factor. Add on top of that the denial that Satan could exist at all,and Satan has a perfect cover!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Well thankyou for the kind comment.

Trust me when I say, I don't get many of those on amazon at all, quite the contrary. and it's a bit lonely around here at times as well.

I'm glad my post meant something to you.

Have you had a chance to look at;
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262545862&sr=8-1

It is quite interesting...I wasn't going to buy it until I heard the author on Dr Stans radio show, then I had to get it. The preface was loaded with more info than I already knew.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Concerning your nik....did you know that the original witness was in the heavens? and it started in Virgo and ended in Leo, telling a story along the way?

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262546338&sr=1-1

funny how that witness remains after all these years.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

A spiritualists (new ager) keeps an open mind and gives reverence to all things that they are a part of. The Earth is our mother, they might feel at ONE with the Earth and might pay her much respect by keeping her clean, giving thanks to her for the food she gives us ect....but this is not worship. They might do they same thing with the sun, I take a moment every day to make 'awareness' to the sun for what it is, the life it gives, the warmth I am so thankful for. But still....these things are not God, I dont treat them as if they are The Most High. But they are of God, just as I am, just as the oceans that move to and fro are, just as the blade of grass is, just as though every single star is.....I give reverence to all things, but worship nothing, God knows I love Thee and knows I am aware of Thee. Some 'new agers' might worship God....but worship is usually an idea of a 'god demanding something, such as worship'.....and God, from my experiences, would rather you sit and talk to Thee, instead of worship. God likes to talk, likes to walk beside us, likes to laugh with us, likes to hold us while we are in pain. God likes interaction....from what I have experienced.

I'm a pagan and that pretty much sums up my feelings. No ritual, no prayers as such, just being part of what/who IS, and fellowship the highest experience.

I wish some body could explain creation to me. As I see it, God the Father is the still working creator, quickening with his breath the raw material (mother) and creating individual beings(souls). The physical comes first, as a fetus forming in the womb, the spiritual comes later, as the taking of the first breath. In the same way, the One who is everywhere can quicken the soul with another touch of his spirit that is not physical, such as oxygen molecules, but as unmeasurable essence. Such a person would be called 'spirit filled'.

We in this life don't stop being physical creatures, our duty is to our fellows, in care and giving. To care for our fellow creature includes caring for the planet we share. A homeless person is truly homeless if there is no suitable environment in which to live and breathe.

There is an enemy, some being which 'full of itself' felt no need for further fellowship, totally wrong of course, for all life comes from God. This self deceived one is the deceiver.

The man (our brother) we know as Jesus has shown us and taught us what it is to continue the Father's work of creating; to care for each other, work for peace, warn of deception. The spirit he gives is the same as that of the Father, the essence of the Father who is one.

War and killing and enslavement of others and sacrifices of another for your benefit is all inspired by deception and leads to deception and absence of the Fathers spirit and fellowship.

If creation is something other than this, it would be very difficult to convince me. Which would explain why I'm still a pagan.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by pthena]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join