It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"New-Agers",Freemasons:Please Read This

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

I didn't hear the song.

By the way,
, you're not on my foe's list. I changed my mind.
Yeah, Geminis are like that.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

I think people are just showing you that is it wise to know how your religion and others came to power.

Please tell me when true believers of Jesus Christ have been "in power"?

For instance,it is my belief that we are to live quiet lives,do good to others,not strive for worldly power...

Unlike the Catholic church,which is very much about "power!

It's my belief that there will never be peace on earth,not until the Lord returns. And in the meantime,things are going to get progressively worse.

I believe in praying for our leaders,but I am not "politically active". (I can't imagine how a humble,honest,God-fearing person could survive being in that arena!)

By the way,I really don't claim to be of any organized "religion" per se. I guess I lean toward the Seventh-Day Adventists,in that I do not believe in Sunday worship,but I've never attended any of their churches. Actually,I've only gone to church a handful of times throughout my life. ("Church" to me is when "two or more gather in His name",and with the Holy Spirit,the Lord is always with me!)

I also do not subscribe to Pre-Tribulation theories,which seperates me from the usual Christians who think they will be out of here before the "tribulation".

When you said,"There are plenty of good religious folk!! Its the good nature spirits that brought goodness to a belief that began as being very forceful. So hats off to those that were able to pull goodness out of such things."...I take that as testimony to the Spirit of God coming through,not any "people's" inherent goodness.(But that may be too broad of a statement? I mean,all kinds of people do good things,so forgive me if it comes off wrong!)

The Christian faith has survived all these years,and His spirit is still alive and well. The fact we're still here is testimony to His patience!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I wonder if Jesus thought if his life was worth anything, when he chose not to fight for this life.

He turned the other cheek....because that is the action that sowed good seeds for his spirit.

Will we be so attached to others that we forget what life we are really fighting for?

Great talks here....you make me think...and that is a goooood thing!

My best
LV

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

You got me there....
You got me.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the thread mentioned.

So,we're friends now? Good!

(I don't think you're so bad either!)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

And please, dont take my words the wrong way either...

But it could be the fact that so many follow a 'savior' is because so many souls still dont deem themselves worthy of Gods love without another creating this right for them.

Many people feel they still need that mediator...just shows how many still need the Earthly ways to reach God. All paths will get there...so no worries either way.

All the Abrahamic faiths came through force, starting way back when they claimed God told them to take the lives of men and take their land.

Im sleepy, but always willing to carry on discussions later...for now...my best to you and yours.
LV

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I try to be fair,edge. I'm just a bit passionate. I need to calm myself sometimes.
Yeah, you seem reasonable enough. At least you don't just off handedly make comments without explaining why you feel the way you do. I respect that.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Good night, Leo.Sleep well.I'm headed that way myself.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
That makes three of us!

I'm off to lay down while I listen to the New Year's predictions on Coast to Coast!

Hope to talk more with you all soon!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Here is what I think. Even before the Annunaki there were other beings already here on the planet. In fact I think many races were here and either died out, went underground, were killed off or left. In addition to these beings came the Annunaki to earth looking for gold.
There were two group leaders, brothers, among the Annunaki sent here. One was more lovable, fun and spontaneous while the other had no sense of humor and was more of an all business military type. These eventually became our archetypes of good and evil, Cain and Abel.
When their work teams complained the mining was too difficult the lovable, fun one got into an experimental mode with his sister who happened to be a doctor of medicine, a geneticist. They created humans innocently enough, on a lark, to give their own people a rest from the mining.
After trying a variety of already present life forms (who made them, I don't know and sometimes think our God is THIS being and not the Annunaki leader El - HIS chimps were genetically hijacked, so to speak) Anyway the good brother and his sister created humans as hybrid "slaves" from chimpanzee and their own DNA while the mean brother was working in Ophir or mining somewhere else.
They didn't intend for us to be so much like them. They didn't expect to like us so much or become as attached to us as they did. It was unintentional. However the mean brother, had no such sentimentality. When his Annunaki crew revolted and quit working, he saw us as the abomination we were and worked us to death.

The Annunaki leader, El (their father) from their home planet, loved both his sons and his daughter but El was not happy we were created for many reasons a) they were not supposed to dabble in this genetic manipulation - it was forbidden, like our kids can only drive after they reach a certain age...b) El is compassionate creature and much wiser than his children. He did not like to see how we were treated once we were made and then ordered his sons Enki and Enil - "Now that you have made them (us) you must give them rights and freedom that you have and really you have just made a mess here but now I forbid you to harm them. c) we are just one more mouth to feed for El

Now imagine you are one of the "created slaves" and you witness this. El is going to be your best friend. You are going to love and worship El like a dog brought home from the kennel will worship the master who brought him home. The original creators will be reviled both the good and the bad brothers just by being in the presence of the father who finally ended your slavery once and for all.
And you will make up stories to describe all you saw. I think the Annunaki left and only visit now and then to see how we are doing. I also think some further interbreeding must have happened so their bloodline remains strong among us today. Some humans, close slaves with the confidence of the early Annunaki were quick to assume the place vacated by the Annunaki that left. They, a bit smarter, took over the positions as "master" and figured the dumb humans wouldn't hardy know the difference. They are the Illuminati we still have around today.
The bad brothers lineage is hateful, and vengeful and to this day he resents being admonished by his father. His lineage remains on earth to sabotage the creation of "man-kind" and damn us all to hell, or hellish conditions.
Meanwhile, as saved beings, we are asked to be of a certain temperament by the father El. Though he accepted his bad son, El prefers we be more like the good son and his daughter.
El promises an even more elevated status of existence for us, if we can master this. When it seemed like we were still confused El sent Jesus, another good Son delivered to earth to show us again, how. I think this being does love us, or grew to love us and is our God.

Now we have aliens who were here before El returning to check us out. Some I think that always were here are still here. El and other Gods are in a battle for the planet, and among El's group there is an element trying to self destruct and sabotage us. So basically, it's like a mine field out there.

I am not sure how to negotiate it.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Very good thread mate! Yeah I have been watching the new age on various websites, and each seems to find their own niche at deceiving and story telling. And to the guy who said 'new agers worship energies', I have seen them talk about 'duality' and 'balance'... They are content on believing that evil has a purpose. They talk about light and love and colors and shapes and evolving as a soul and the 'higher self' etc etc but at the same time also deny Christ. who they think is limited only to the bible a 'book used to opress' as they like to put it. It appears they never read what Jesus said and promoted, otherwise they would see he wasn't just some 'method used to control' etc etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I find new age to, for the most part, be nonsense but that doesn't make it Satanic. This seems to funnel back to one of the fundamental flaws of human nature, blaming something else for our own short-comings, actions and flaws. Satan fits neatly into this category as many people seem to think "The Devil made me do it" is an excuse, rather than admit to the "log in their own eye".

Lot's of people seem to think that in order for the world to be as irrevocably screwed up as it is today that Satan must be influencing it. This is not only entirely unfounded and without evidence but it is religiously unsound. When people sin in the Bible it's usually their fault, no Satan required. Blaming humanity's stupidity and evil on some bogeyman does no one any good.

Lumping new agers in with Satanists does no one any good either. Jesus came to teach love, to accept people of all walks of life (remember he hung out with the lowest of the low, tax collectors and whores). Jesus was often tolerant and patient with even the Pharisees and Sadducees with whom he was in conflict. Freemasonry is not Satanic either, they believe in a Great Architect, ie GOD.

These secret societies are merely a cover. The mysticism they employed is a smokescreen. None of the Elite are interested in pleasing some invisible fallen angel, they only care for themselves and their own lust for power and wealth. That's why I doubt we are heading toward a One World Dictatorship, that is far too overt, far too sloppy a thing to do. Millions would rebel against a dictatorship and a one world government would be difficult to bring in and almost impossible to maintain given the prejudices of the world. However these Elites can and do control the world without a full blown NWO and have for some time.

They play both sides of every issue, crisis and conflict so that they can never lose. I think the idea of a direct full blown worldwide dictatorship is something they put into our heads to keep us from rebelling. You see there are many out there waiting for the day they bring in the NWO so that they can start their rebellion, but if that day never comes, if the Elite never bring in the full NWO, the world will never rebel. So they keep us on the precipice of destruction at all times and they get away with all the loot... least that's my theory.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Read about St Thomas Aquinas and the Serpent Seed. Everyone from Cain was evil. Tolerated but evil. You will notice the words "created in His image and His likeness" are used only for Adam, Abel and Seth, not for Cain. Later on Cain is referred to as... "a murderer from the start", and "son of the evil one".

This all leads me to believe along with the not too coincidentally named "Goodfellows" Goodmen and people with Adam, or "-able" in their surnames there were also the descendants of not so nice folk such as the "McCains" the "Steels" the "Pierce's" sons of mighty (serpent) warriors, bent on only death and destruction now and from the start.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
One thing that stands out the most with any New Ager is the constant need for more "Content" they are never satisfied with "What is" because they always want more. I know it's within human nature to seek for answers and I have always said myself "Always question life" but you have to draw the line somewhere. When this seeking/questioning takes over your life, so much so you create an Alter Ego who thrives off the roll play "You need to take a break"

I have nothing against the New Age as I said I have been there myself, I believe there is some truth in the New Age also I believe there is some truth in every religion however I don't need to categorize myself into any select one and live my life by it.

I see so many people who categorizer/separate themselves, at the same time they shut themselves off from so much. They try to understand life when they already have an image of life in there minds. Like I have said before, if you want to truly understand something you have to drop your beliefs about that something to begin with. Otherwise all you are going to see is what you have seen all along, anything new you learn you just tie in with your old beliefs so nothing really changes, nothing new is learnt.

From my personal experiences the New Age made me very lazy, I was forever living in my mind in some kind of inside world. That inside world started to manifest in the outside world, it became part of "Who I was" The only thing I needed to search for now was a fancy "New Age" avatar to let people know I was part of the "New Age" too. Before I knew it I was speaking of "Light, Love, Peace, Unity, Oneness, Meditation, Dark Entities, Astral Planes, Lucid Dreams, Different Dimensions, The Cosmos, Kundalini Awakening, Elders, Indigo Children, Star Children" the list goes on and on, mind trash at it's best.

The New Age became one thing and one thing only "Me and my story" it's the same with every other New Ager on here I have spoken to "Me-me-me-me-me" that's all it ever is. Some who have totaly surrenders to the mind trash suddenly realize "There not from this planet and can't wait to get off Earth"

Not so sure if it's satanic but 9/10 the New Age has Ego deep within it's roots.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by IamNow]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
New age is nothing new. Why dont people get that? Its not even a reasonable descriptive word to describe anyone really. So we are at a time of change, where people are standing up and saying they have found truth somewhere other then the Bible....and so what some people are standing up for spiritual birth rights in that they dont need others telling them about this and that. All your seeing here, today, in this 'new age' or what ever......is true spiritual beings 'exploring'. It is what we were all born to do.

And who ever posted about Cain's bloodline producing bad seeds. Come on people....I am beginning to wonder how many of you religious fold are worth wasting a breath over.

No soul is ever born evil. Stop making excuses for why this world has bad people or bad experiences. GOD...YES YOUR GOD.....MADE IT THIS WAY. IT WAS GODS INTENTION TO HAVE BOTH GOOD AND BAD HERE. If you do not understand why....then you simply are not looking to understand a souls purpose here and what we are to learn here. This is not about being good and bad....its about discovering ones truest form of self. Yes God uses all sorts of ways to awaken a soul, some of those things are cute and fuzzy....but some are harsh catalysts that hardens hearts and tempts a soul to bitter feelings.

In the OT.....your God was given credit for good and bad. Now Christians come along and give Satan credit for bad things and God credit for good.

I form the light and I create darkness.....hello!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

There is a few types of the New Age though.

The New Age I am speaking of is the New "Internet" Age, the one you see and hear so much about on ATS, the one that comes with all the special Avatars and super psychic powers, the one where nobody is wrong.

There is a huge difference.

I notice people of the New Age I am speaking of become very defensive and very clings to their beliefs, so much so they cannot let go of them beliefs. One day you will have no choice to let go, then you see how meaningless it all was.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Im just saying....these groups are still too general and do not share all of the same beliefs. Often I see someone being labeled as such and yet they have nothing to do with alot of the assumptions tha tare made. Its already a very pooluted phrase that does not well describe many people, imo.

I guess I see the ones that await psychic powers just as that....a group that thinks the laws of the Universe or this world are going to change soon. Avatars are seperable from psychic powers...there are some that strongly believe in Avatars but dont think we will have these great powers here on Earth. See I just hate labels.....

As far as someone thinking they are always right....shoot go to any board that is discussing God and you will find all kinds of folk who think like this. It effects far far more then just new spiritual people today.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm with you on that one, I have reached a point where labels mean nothing to me no more, to the point where I don't need Avatars or Signatures in my profile.

I know who I am and that's all that matters to me, I'm alive living this amazing experience and I no longer need to question it. I know everything there is to know about life, so does everyone else, however we will never understand in this lifetime, we will never understand at this point in evolution.

You can try, chances are you will create a crap load of confusion for nothing and spend most of your time living in your mind. In turn missing the beauty of life.

So why not just let it be and enjoy life it's much more simple.

I have been on both sides of the fence and this side of the fence is much more simple and you really do see the beauty of life, life is too short to live in the mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow

There is a few types of the New Age though.

The New Age I am speaking of is the New "Internet" Age, the one you see and hear so much about on ATS, the one that comes with all the special Avatars and super psychic powers, the one where nobody is wrong.

There is a huge difference.

I notice people of the New Age I am speaking of become very defensive and very clings to their beliefs, so much so they cannot let go of them beliefs. One day you will have no choice to let go, then you see how meaningless it all was.

How do you let go of yourself? How do you find it meaningless to meditate and discover self? If you're actually finding the diamonds in life and remembering who you are, you will never let it go. In fact, on the one hand, all the material goods, the big house and boat, the fancy degree, the various stages people go through measuring a variety of social activities as roadsigns or proof even of their lives along the way, the births, graduations, marriages, degrees, promotions, homes, will all pale in significance to finding your true path.

And the true purpose of life itself, which is to discover you're all playing roles down here, good guy, bad guy, victims, and some people, many people are redoing it over and over. Making one change and coming back and doing it again. But if you stop, remove the mask, on everyone, we're all the children of light inside, we're here for lessons, and also, to graduate and move onto the next level. We are One, and when we stop fighting each other, and start to heal all the elements inside that created the wars, the differences, the starvation, the greed, the judgments, the separation we feel for our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, children and friends throughout the world, our family of light, will melt away.

If you can walk away from this process of discovery, then you truly had only bought into one of the numerous traps, the outward wrapping of a cult type spirituality, and truly missed the whole inner trip.

Once you're on the inner trip, theres no going back.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I dont think any belief is meaningless. We are to detach yes, but until it is time for a soul to do this....all the experiences, thoughts, and feelings defiantly have meaning.

Labels can pollute ones mind. I forget the name of it...but there is an explanation for such things....when one is labeled and the label involves other desriptions in which they do not live up to but now feel the need to live up to since they have been labeled as such. In psychiatry, they are careful to diagnos someone with a label that might cause the person to take on additional symptoms that pertain specifically to that label.

I see the same problem in 'beliefs' with labels. Say a young girl see's the glory in the actions of Jesus. Say that is all she bases her love for Jesus on is the fact that her soul understands what Jesus did and why Jesus did it. But then say, as she is growing up, and attending church, because she wants to learn about Jesus more....others around her tell her that in order to be a 'insert religion here' you must believe in 'insert order here'....someone coming in relation of a 'label' can gain side effects from that label that they never would of adapted to if they just were allowed to seek in freedom.

Not the best explanation of how destructive labels can be...but the point is in there

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join