It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PsyOp Internet battle for Hearts, and Minds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is a really long, but informative news article. I couldn't get it to all fit, but I did manage to get the source links used in the article to fit on this page.

I think the most scary piece of information that wouldn't fit is the spyware, or snooping program that the FBI is using to invade each of our personal computers. It's name is C.I.P.A.V., and it's job is to steal all our personal information, and send it back to Langley, Virginia.

SOURCE:

www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

Authored by: Sancho Jones

The Internet revolution has changed the face of our planet. Over the last 20 years there's been a complete transformation of the way we live, conduct business, and share information. In the same amount of time, information technology has helped bring countless atrocities committed by governments, and global corporations into view. We've seen the rise of groups like "We Are Change", and birthing of the" Truth Movement"; which has kicked off a viral, and grassroots information wave. The Internet's been in many regards a saving grace of mankind, and in the same likeness the greatest threat to the establishment!

Recently, we had the Global Warming talks in Copenhagen; they were a failure! What else could come from the exposure of emails showing fudged data on Global Warming? Nothing is what. Climate Gate[1] changed what would have been global "Cap, & Trade" agreements, and other carbon tax legislation from an assured victory at Copenhagen, to an embarrassment. Al Gore decided it'd be better not to show up at all, after having to run from angry mobs, and being pelted by snowballs due to the leaks. The only thing that came of the conference, was a poor attempt at "saving face" through a non binding resolution.

The people hiding behind governments, and global corporations have long known the necessity of owning the Hearts, and Minds[2] of the people; in order to further their agendas. We've learned catchy phrases which embody the techniques. Some of these would include; "Divide, and Conquer", "Smoke, & Mirrors", "Order out of Chaos", "Problem, Reaction, Solution". Through the usage of these tools, perceptions can be changed, and goals can be accomplished. The US Govt. has actively sought to win the Hearts, and Minds of people openly since the Cold War.

During the height of the Cold War, and Civil Rights movement, the FBI created COINTE[3]; which is an acronym of various programs the US Govt. used to deal with both issues. The methods used in COINTEL were inline with the techniques mentioned above. The overall goal was to control the information, and/or distort it so as to crush all legitimate opposition to the US Policy, or Hegemony of the time. This propaganda machine officially ended, but from the information presented below, it looks as though it is going stronger than ever before; and the Internet is the new battle ground.

There is subversion being committed across the World Wide Web on an ever increasing basis. The mainstream media has been very active in the shaping of our feelings, and thoughts, from the bottom up to meet current policy. We' have MSM Journalists self censoring for advancement, or towing the party line. We see corporate MSM censorship through management, Government censorship of the MSM, and all culminating into supporting policies, such as war[4]. A recent article regarding a book by Nick Davies called, "How the spooks took over the news", delves into how the world governments will insert stories at the community level, several years before a given agenda is needed.

"For the first time in human history, there is a concerted strategy to manipulate global perception. And the mass media are operating as compliant assistants, failing both to resist it and to expose it."

"The sheer ease with which this machinery has been able to do its work reflects a creeping structural weakness which now afflicts the production of our news. I've spent the last two years researching books about falsehood, distortion and propaganda in the global media."[4]

In the USA, we have several groups designated to shape, and alter perceptions. The U.S. Army Civil Affairs, and Psychological Operations Command (Airborne)[6], or USA CAPOC(A), consists of 40 Army Reserve units, or around 10,000 soldiers, who are stationed across the USA, are among many leading the mission of COINTEL.

[1] www.google.com...=en&q=Climate+Gate&aq=f&aqi=g4g-s1g5&oq=&fp=b36c7832dbb01be6
[2] www.foreignpolicy.com...
[3] www.icdc.com...
[4] georgewashington2.blogspot.com...
[5] www.independent.co.uk...
[6] www.usacapoc.army.mil...
[7] www.globalsecurity.org...
[8] rawstory.com...
[9] desertpeace.wordpress.com...
[10] www.muzzlewatch.com...[10] www.liveleak.com...
[11] www.thejidf.org...
[12] www.breitbart.com...
[13] www.arnnet.com.au...
[14] www.wired.com...
[15] www.infowars.net...
[16] www.mathaba.net...
[17] www.deseretnews.com...
[18] dprogram.net...
[19] www.eff.org...
[20] www.infowars.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I was once a journalist for two different publications, one a town/county paper, and one produced by the town paper for one of our state's major universities. I also edited training manuals for what was then called "Domestic Preparedness."
The manuals concerned current threats in the world, a la bin Laden. He was already number one on the list of most wanted terrorists in the world. That was before the horrors of the twin towers attack, etc.

This management and manipulation of information for controlling and shaping society is not only happening, but it is the very thing that drove me out of journalism for good.

I couldn't put my name on something based on principles and practices like this.

*feeling sick*

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The alphabet organizations have known all about me for many years.

I was a political activist back in the 1960's and have also led a very interesting life.

It is no big deal for the agencies to collect information if you're not breaking the law. Big brother has been around for a long time.

What really surprised me was the vast information the local hospital had about me.

I had surgery in August and they ask me questions going back to when I was a baby. Very personal questions at that.

When I was young, dumb, 10 feet tall and bullet proof I would have worried about my personal information being found out. I'm glad I'm too old to be bad anymore.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The best defense against blackmail is to be honest about things...and to be good!

It's good to see people like you are still around and involved for us youngsters, DizzieDame!

Without people like you, how can we know much of anything with any certainty?

Your experiences have become increasingly valuable, as first-person accounts to people still looking for answers.

top topics

join