It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP sources: Suicide bomber was invited on base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, there goes how it happened, but not why. I'm sure somehow this too will get twisted but anyhow............seems standard sop for these guys.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Of course, seven agents were debriefing him in a gym.

Or was the gym being used to train a suicide bomber and something went wrong?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
No... The bomber was a member of the Afghan army..
news.bbc.co.uk...

no conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'll lean towards the latest version of the story, thank you.

reply to post by CanadianDream420

I'll lean towards the latest version of the story, thank you. The version that is actually being discussed in this thread.

WASHINGTON – The Associated Press has learned that the suicide bomber who killed seven CIA employees at a remote outpost in southeastern Afghanistan had been invited onto the base and was not searched.

A former senior intelligence official says the man was being courted as an informant and that it was the first time he had been brought inside the camp. The official says a senior and experienced CIA debriefer came from Kabul for the meeting, suggesting that the purpose of the meeting was to gain intelligence.

The former senior intelligence official and another former official with knowledge of the attack spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. The CIA has declined to comment.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They were definately telling him that this was his last day on Earth. They weren't DE-breifing him, they were BREIFING him for his last mission. However, he was on to the CIA's tricks, and used it on them, instead of innocent troops.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
I'll lean towards the latest version of the story, thank you.

Yes, by all means, perpetuate outlandishness for the sake of preserving the thread.

After all, it seems WAY more realistic that the CIA was training him to do a suicide-bombing, and the guy (the same one preparing to kill innocents) suddenly grew morals and decided to one-up them by blowing them all up?! Perfectly reasonable. Give me a break.

Not everything is a conspiracy. The bomber was part of the Afgan Army. You know -- part of the same country that has one of the most corrupt governments in the Middle East. The Afgan Army has been turning against NATO and US Troops from the start -- hence, the whole Obama speech done to show us that that was the past and now we are partners.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

You put your faith in the taliban.

A Taliban spokesman said a member of the group working for the Afghan army had carried out the attack.

I'll go with a Senior US intelligence official.

A former senior intelligence official says the man was being courted as an informant and that it was the first time he had been brought inside the camp.

Maybe you should start you own thread if you want to completely ignore the story that this thread is about, derailers.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
No... The bomber was a member of the Afghan army..
news.bbc.co.uk...

no conspiracy.

No, your own source says he was WORKING FOR the Afghan army, not actually a member.

A Taliban spokesman said a member of the group working for the Afghan army had carried out the attack.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yeah i'm leaning more towards the CIA using this guy as a pawn, then the guy offing himself and the CIA agents before carrying out the mission. Not everything is a conspiracy but the mess of a situation in the middle east points to more than just what we're being told and maybe even more than we can imagine. They gain more when we fear something and can use it to carry out their agendas. It's not even a legitimate war anymore. I'm starting to think the whole focus on Iraq and the WMD scare was started to allow Afghanistan to heat back up.

It seems very unlikely the CIA would try to gain intelligence from somebody without searching them first because you know, it's Afghanistan!! That would be like inviting the leader of a Mexican drug cartel to the border patrol summer outing.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This guy was used as a pawn.

A pawn to take out CIA agents who weren't in on the corruption and were probably about to go public with it all.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Does there have to be a conspiracy? Is it possible this was just a set up and the guy was gonna do it anyway?

new topics

top topics

join