It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight 253 passenger Kurt Haskell claims FBI cover-up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Of course they are "embarrested" by it, WW. As well they should be. I don't expect them to roll over and expose their tender parts, lol, after this, but for crying out loud. Admit they dropped the ball and come up with a plan to correct it that might actually work. Stop putting up all these smokescreens that are transparent as hades.

I just wrote this somewhere else, but here it is again:

The new "rule" of not being permitted to go to the bathroom an hour before landing time. What's up with that? How is this a deterrent?

Translate to terrorist handbook:

Detonate bomb prior to an hour before landing time.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

LOL! (Well, actaully...cry out loud, for it's no laughing matter).

I agree with this new "one-hour" stupidity...and the requirement to turn off the moving map displays**, and whatever ELSE they come up with in their addled brains.

What it shows is, and this happened often, as well, during the Bush adminsitration, mind you, they continue to come up with these hare-brained additional "security" concepts to provide what's known as "eyewash" for public consumption.

Making it appear as if they're doing something pro-active, when in fact these are childish and completely useless, pointless, and make them look even more foolish.

**...umm, just about anyone today, if they wanted to, could use a hand-held GPS unit, which totally defeats THAT stupid idea.

But, the "one-hour" rule wins the prize for most head-up-the-aft-disposal-chute blockheaded idea to date....

Seems like old times, thinking back to that other (foiled) plot to explode jets in the middle of the OCEAN!!! as a terrorist act....but, of course, don't get up for an hour???

Anyone who's thought up that gem has NEVER been on a long, long International flight.....

And, for OP. I am waiting to see if this 'Haskell' guy is just another Rod Blagoyavich type. Or that guy faking his son's "space ship" baloon stunt in Colorado.

So far, is HE the only 'witness' to this incredible story???

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
And, for OP. I am waiting to see if this 'Haskell' guy is just another Rod Blagoyavich type. Or that guy faking his son's "space ship" baloon stunt in Colorado.

So far, is HE the only 'witness' to this incredible story???

Whatever you believe about him, there is little doubt that the Fed's have changed their 'official version of the facts' several times in apparent response to Haskell and his wife.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I dunno....am still trying to follow his rambling account of the events after landing in DTW.

At first blush, it sounds like he described a typical scenario after any sort of suspected air piracy event (while that may not be the exact description, since no attempt to commandeer the flight occured, in most cases of a criminal act (acts) that is a direct threat to the flight the possiblility of sleeper accomplices is always considered).

It's like, as you see in movies, after a bank hold-up gone wrong, with hostages...everyone is a suspect, until it gets sorted out.

However, this (if accurate account from Haskell, and not colored by misconception and opinion) could be something as simple as a very, very poorly controlled situation by the FBI, with the complication of the ICE people...turf wars over jurisdiction, control and authority, etc.

Could be as simple as that, and of course afterwards, public statements made to make it SEEM that the whole thing actually was 'by the book".

Careers can be made or lost by such mistakes, IF they get out of hand.

Just a thought or two.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third thought to add:

Prior to 9/11 the U.S. Customs was under the jurisdiction of the Treasury Dept. (My dad worked for Customs).

NOW, of course, it's under that new joke of a dept, the DHS.

AND, the FBI, as always, is Justice.

....turf wars, anyone????

[edit on 2 January 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"Turf Wars", could play into it. Reminds me of Katrina, and the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing; nobody took charge which resulted in complete chaos and madness. I think that was our first real example of what chaos turf wars can orchestrate. Only of course, in the case of Katrina, the war was to get someone else to "own" it.

But something about this guy...Haskell....I have a tendency to believe for some reason. Maybe Mrs. Haskell will be able to corroborate after she recovers from the flu.

Makes me wonder though. As much as I trust my own perceptions, what if I observed something like this, and no one believed me? Oh, the despair.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Is this the 'official' thread to reply to on this topic? Another thread (that was in the top four earlier) has been closed because it is a duplicate, however the thread the moderator gave of the already existing thread doesn't work. Nor does the link to another thread on this topic that someone else posted. Additionally, I can't find reference to this (the existing thread) anywhere on ATS front page. I don't understand this, as I feel it is an important topic that needs to be brought to people's attention.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
To all who think this is a "false flag"...

Could you please expalin the logic in that deduction?

If you are unable to see the very fishy circumstances surrounding Northwest flight 253 and the crotch bomber, it is understandable, that you also fail to see that various parties are already pushing their solutions, which will protect us from the terrorists. Cheney and the GOP are by far not the only ones who use this incident for personal gain. The crotch bomber is used for:

1 Justification for yet another preemptive military strike (Yemen).
2 Justification for limiting more freedoms (whole body scanners / possible H.R. 1955).
3 Justification for breaking more election promises (infinite detention without due process).

If you have watched the Obama video, you may see, that he is threatening to use more violence against insurgents and terrorists from Yemen. But his threat comes a bit late.

You may not have realized it, but the POTUS had already ordered airstrikes in Yemen prior to this incident. The reason for one airstrike, which killed 23 women and 17 children was: “To protect U.S. assets”. The crotch bomber's attack is now used to justify the peace prize winner's actions.
www.nytimes.com...

Pre-emptive action against civilians reminds me of Bush. But Obama is not the only one, who is a secret follower of the Bush doctrine. Senator Lieberman has called for pre-emptive action in Yemen, to prevent 'tomorrow's war'.
thehill.com...

Installation of the new whole-body airport scanners. Who needs protection of his privacy if these vile terrorists are out there, trying to kill upright American citizens? Who is pushing for for this THz technology?
www.washingtonpost.com...

And Michael Chertoff is not alone. Democrats will demand the same.

Representative Bennie G. Thompson, a Mississippi Democrat who leads the House Homeland Security Committee, said in a telephone interview that he would hold hearings next month when Congress returns from its recess to determine whether airport screening processes were at fault, scanning equipment was inadequate, information was not shared among federal agencies, or human error was to blame.

Mr. Abdulmutallab told F.B.I. agents he was connected to the Qaeda affiliate, which operates largely in Yemen and Saudi Arabia, by a radical Yemeni cleric whom he contacted online. The cleric is not believed to be Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born imam who has spoken in favor of anti-American violence and who corresponded with Maj. Nidal Hasan, the Army psychiatrist charged in the killings of 13 people in a shooting spree last month at Fort Hood, Tex.

www.nytimes.com...

Ah, what do I read there. Are we reminded that the Fort Hood shooter had connections to Yemen? Perhaps it is time to secure us from homegrown terrorists. Anyone wants to bet, that the crotch bomber will be used to push the “Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007” through the Senate?
en.wikipedia.org...
www.govtrack.us...

It is also likely, that the crotch bomber will be used by Obama and his fellow Democrats to break their election promises. We won't see an end to the practice of infinite detention without due process.
thehill.com...

Even torture is again justified as a viable tool in the “war against terror”, but I personally think, this tool will not be used openly in the near future.
www.sphere.com...

Here right-wingers call for racial profiling.
thinkprogress.org...

And by the way, Mr Haskell and his wife are not the only eyewitnesses who have reported strange details from flight 253.

Mr Haskell, his wife and another eyewitness report from flight 253

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Well, then good....Yemen, just about the poorest pile of sand in the Middle East, is fast becoming a hotbed of Al Queada recruiting. Disafected, young, angry young men (and women) are being steered by the sick and twisted ideology that IS the fanatiscim represented bythese B-tards.

Any earlier strikes, likely to try to take out these elements, is one of the reasons FOR this retaliation by Al Quaeda....

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

If this was a retaliation for the latest bloody airstrikes, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab must possess prophetic abilities. He bought his ticket at the 16th of December, the airstrikes happened at the 17th of December 2009.
www.zimbio.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
"When the bomb sniffing dogs arrived, 1 dog found something in a carry on bag of a 30 ish Indian man. This is not the so called "Sharp Dressed" man. I will refer to this man as "The man in orange". The man in orange, who stood some 20ft away from me the entire time until he was taken away, was immediately taken away to be searched and interrogated in a nearby room. At this time he was not handcuffed. When he emerged from the room, he was then handcuffed and taken away. At this time an FBI agent came up to the rest of the passengers and said the following (approximate quote) "You all are being moved to another area because this area is not safe. I am sure many of you saw what just happened (Referring to the man in orange) and are smart enough to read between the lines and figure it out." We were then marched out of the baggage claim area and into a long hallway."

Mr. Haskell's account above is rather interesting and brings to light several dubious actions.

1) Why were the passengers permitted to take their carry on luggage off of the airplane and into the waiting area? Would it not have been much safer to evacuate the airplane without the carry on luggage and have the dogs board the plane and search for a bomb?

2) A bomb sniffing dog identifies a bag with possible explosives belonging to a guy in orange. An agent picks up the bag and takes the guy in orange and the bag into an adjacent room and interviews him for about an hour (according to the Alex Jones interview).

Hello! As soon as the dog identified a potential bomb threat, shouldn't the area have been immediately evacuated and the bomb squad called to examine the bag? What is this agent doing picking up this bag, endangering his life and the life of the other passengers in the terminal? By picking the up bag, did the agent have advance knowledge there was nothing of danger in the bag? Hmm...

3) After the man in orange is interviewed, one hour later, the agent comes out and finally states the area is not safe. Come again? They leave all these passengers to hang in an alleged unsafe area for one hour after the bomb sniffing dog identified something in one of the bags? Are you kidding me?

4) Why is this Haskell guy talking to the media and writing on his blog about an ongoing FBI investigation, immediately after he is interviewed by the FBI no less? Why was he not instructed by the FBI not to give any details about their interview, since this could compromise the investigation? Assuming, of course, this is a real investigation. Propaganda anyone?

B-movie theatrics all the way ladies and gentlemen. I'm surprised these sellouts in the disreputable media are able to keep a straight face while reporting this pre-fabricated garbage. Are you ready for some more dehumanizing, intrusive and unconstitutional security measures? As long as everyone keeps bending over, they'll keep sticking it in us.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Sure he was in bed with the USA for a little issue on that day.

Its so freaking obvious its INSULTING.

Alex Jones interviewed him too

This charade is getting real old.

Its interesting how you and others believe Alex Jones and Kurt Haskell seemingly without question or examination while blasting any official-version as an obvious-lie right out off the bat.

What if...Mr Haskell has been a conspiracy-believer all along, waiting for his moment of fame?

Why has no other passenger confirmed his story?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Originally posted by dgtempe
Sure he was in bed with the USA for a little issue on that day.

Its so freaking obvious its INSULTING.

Alex Jones interviewed him too

This charade is getting real old.

Its interesting how you and others believe Alex Jones and Kurt Haskell seemingly without question or examination while blasting any official-version as an obvious-lie right out off the bat.

What if...Mr Haskell has been a conspiracy-believer all along, waiting for his moment of fame?

It seems that nobody else was close enough to hear the initial conversation, that cought Haskell's attention. He was sitting on the ground, 10 feet away from the ticket desk, when he overheard the conversation about the passport.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I hadn't realized you could be handcuffed and neither be considered arrested nor detained.

If he was released as they say, I wonder why he isn't telling HIS story???

Surprise, surprise. I'm still not convinced that everyone was let go.

Police and government agencies are trained these days to handcuff first and then sort things out. That's because they put themselves before the public they serve, I don't know how long it's been that way but I'd guess it started sometime in the later 70's. Though sadly the public is trained to believe anyone with handcuffs is guilty of a crime.

It's just like when they show wanted people on TV shows like America's most wanted and say they are armed & dangerous, when they know most of them are not. It's a lie in order to get away will killing people who run from law enforcement with a built in a justifiable reason - the lie that stated that they were armed and dangerous.

That's why I trust law enforcement less than the average person, because I know they are trained to lie in order to fulfill their duties.

I've had family working in the airline industry all my life and I've always known the TSA were nothing but unprofessional hacks with less skills than a janitor who cleans the airport toilets.

The unprofessional way that passengers were treated just proves how inept the TSA is.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Originally posted by lucid eyes

I think it says something about Haskell's credibility when the Feds keep amending portions of their official view in response to Haskell's comments. Whether he is a conspiracy nut or not, the Feds seem to be directly, albeit slowly, corroborating his version of events.

Don't you find that interesting?

When two Taylor attorneys originally told their story about how another man was arrested during the foiled terrorist attempt on Christmas Day in Detroit, officials denied their story.

This afternoon the story has changed. Ronald G. Smith, chief U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer in the Detroit area, sent an email apologizing that the information on the passenger -- which was reported to federal investigators by the pair, who were passengers on the flight -- was not made available earlier.

Federal officials had denied the details of the incident despite repeated accounts by attorneys Kurt and Lori Haskell of Taylor who say they saw a man get questioned by federal officials and later led away in handcuffs after a sniffing dog reacted to something in the man's carry on luggage in the airport's baggage area.

The government insists that the man arrested was from another flight and was arrested on an immigration matter, not the Flight 253 incident.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by loam]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Sure its interesting. Would I not entertain a conspiracy-possibility, I would not be at this site. Especially in this case.

(Im more annoyed at some of the totally unquestioning, uncritical embrace of any conspiracy-theory that happens to pop up.)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The striking thing about this situation is that once again the "transparent government" that was promised to us by the obama administration is not taking place.

There is obviously more to this story than what we are being told. What that more is exactly is going to be the main course of this meal.

I personally feel that this situation is more important than we think and should be monitored closely. The reason being - if someone from another flight (which I believe is the current explanation) was mixed into the group of passengers from flight 253 after the plane was grounded...well that in itself is a major strike against homeland security and TSA.

I don't really care about the conspiracy theories and the false flag statements - those are things that can be addressed after all the facts, at least the ones we can find, have come to light. What I think needs to be focused on is the fact that the FEDS have ADMITTED there was another "man in orange" from ANOTHER flight that was mixed in with a CRIME SCENE being conducted by the FBI. This is not acceptable. Period.

I personally feel that if the initial investigations are being botched and tampered with immediately after the event happens then we aren't going to get anywhere with security.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by White Chocolate]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
haskellfamily.blogspot.com...

On Lori's blog (the wife of Kurt) she now has two other people (Bo and Daniel, I believe) who have come forward to talk about the events after the plane landed. Bo did not mention anything of a "man in orange" but Daniel DID mention the SAME account on Fox News.

I'm not sure how to imbed video (I know, I know) but I tried. If the above did not work, here is the direct link to Daniel on fox news also mentioning the second man being arrested AFTER the plane had landed.

Link - www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
UPDATE:

mikelee has a new thread with an article that shows the government now at least admits a part of Haskell's story was true:

Authorities Quietly Reverse Underwear Bomber Official Story

Authorities have quietly reversed the official story behind the Christmas Day underwear bomber attack and acknowledged that an accomplice was involved, despite weeks of denial and derision of eyewitness Kurt Haskell’s description of a sharp-dressed man who helped Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab board Flight 253 in Amsterdam.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by loam]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join