It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did we really mess up the last 10 years??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What do you think of the day after 2009, the old times are finally gone, and now we can all jump into our flying cars and fight bunch of alien monsters, what do you think we will happen in the next 10 years? and did we really mess up the last 10 years ? Where is the new light bulb, and don't say is a Iphone

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Once Again .. the 1950's did a great job of brainwashing a whole generation into believing that the 90's and 00's was going be this great futuristic Utopia with flying cars , etc ...

It is their (50's) fault that people have high expectation ..

Science and Technology are slow workers ..

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yep, we sure did.

Where's the next light bulb? Fixing the real issues with the environment. Coming up with some sort of bio-degradable, nontoxic plastic like substance made from bacteria and sunlight. Unleashing a bacteria that will eat away all current plastics and have low mutability. Harnessing the energy of the sun efficiently. Creating nanobots to cure various pathogen caused diseases. Ridding humanity of the need for money once we get a free-energy idea to the people. Integrating with nature. Respecting each other. Realizing we're all doing our best, but have problems just like everyone else.

If we don't wake up and grow up as a people in the next decade or so, we may seal our fate. The sixth mass extinction is well underway. Pathogens are overtaking hosts all throughout the food chain. GMO is a disaster, as is our current civilization built around fossil fuels and plastics derived there from. We need to change many things quick, or else not even God himself can predict what comes next.

It's all up in the air. We have the technology, innovative spirit, and communication capabilities to get just about anything done in the next decade. What you choose to do?!

[edit on 31-12-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I wouldn’t say we messed up in the last 10 years mainly because IMO more people than ever have woken up to the truth about what’s going on in our world and I think we're currently the most awake that we have been in history spiritually and are continuing in that direction.

It may not seem like it with all the technology like television etc. clouding our minds but I do still believe that we are special and are spiritually more advanced than we have ever been.

So Roll on the next decade who knows what will happen all I can hope for is we continue waking up and continue our spiritual paths.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Bleh...I don't think we're spiritually more advanced. I think people are more pseudo-spiritually inclined. People are drugged up, that's all. Ya know, lithium is found in many public drinking supplies these days.

Men are feminized. There are sedatives in the air, water, & food. The tele broadcasts alpha waves to calm the people. People only seem to be spiritual on the surface as far as I can tell. It's all just a game. A current trend. When TSHTF, you'll see that mask be torn right off of people. Then you'll see what really drives people. Instincts.

"Can you feel it, man?" ; More like, can you see it, smell it and taste the mix of toxic chemicals and sedatives slowly rotting your body and corroding your brain into mindless "bliss".

No thank you.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Yep, we sure did.

Where's the next light bulb? Fixing the real issues with the environment. Coming up with some sort of bio-degradable, nontoxic plastic like substance made from bacteria and sunlight. Unleashing a bacteria that will eat away all current plastics and have low mutability. Harnessing the energy of the sun efficiently. Creating nanobots to cure various pathogen caused diseases. Ridding humanity of the need for money once we get a free-energy idea to the people. Integrating with nature. Respecting each other. Realizing we're all doing our best, but have problems just like everyone else.

If we don't wake up and grow up as a people in the next decade or so, we may seal our fate. The sixth mass extinction is well underway. Pathogens are overtaking hosts all throughout the food chain. GMO is a disaster, as is our current civilization built around fossil fuels and plastics derived there from. We need to change many things quick, or else not even God himself can predict what comes next.

It's all up in the air. We have the technology, innovative spirit, and communication capabilities to get just about anything done in the next decade. What you choose to do?!

Here's why:
www.naihc.org...

In order to strip as many of us as possible of our rights, and put us in "the system", they made this substance illegal, and many creative ideas seem that way.

"INDUSTRY FACTS

*Henry Ford experimented with hemp to build car bodies. He wanted to build and fuel cars from farm products.

*BMW is experimenting with hemp materials in automobiles as part of an effort to make cars more recyclable.

*Much of the bird seed sold in the US has hemp seed (it's sterilized before importation), the hulls of which contain about 25% protein.

*Hemp oil once greased machines. Most paints, resins, shellacs, and varnishes used to be made out of linseed (from flax) and hemp oils.

*Rudolph Diesel designed his engine to run on hemp oil.

*Kimberly Clark (on the Fortune 500) has a mill in France which produces hemp paper preferred for bibles because it lasts a very long time and doesn't yellow.

*Construction products such as medium density fiber board, oriented strand board, and even beams, studs and posts could be made out of hemp. Because of hemp's long fibers, the products will be stronger and/or lighter than those made from wood.

*The products that can be made from hemp number over 25,000."

and here:
www.hempevolution.org...
"PLASTIC

By converting petrochemicals into various polymers, we create plastics. This includes everything from the plastic fork at a cheap fast food restaurant to the advanced prosthetics we use in medicine. The computer keyboard you are using right now is one of the thousands of examples of plastic. These products could all be made from cannabis hemp. Henry Ford knew this 60 years ago; in 1941 he built a high durability dent-resistant car using plastics made from hemp and other plants. Making plastics from hemp would be easy with current technologies. This would mean much less harm to the environment than petrochemical plastics. Up to this century, cannabis plastic development has never occurred on mass scale on this planet.

Plastic grows ever more important in our society. We make stereos, car interiors, computers, televisions, checkbooks, pens, pencils, videocassettes, food containers, home furnishings, furniture, cooking utensils, dishware, cosmetic packaging, general packaging, toys and games, PVC piping, display casings, windows, cassette tapes, cassette tape cases, CD’s, jewel cases, poker chips, bicycle parts, telephones, cellular telephones, fax machines, beverage containers, lighters, VCRs, clothing, and many, many other products from plastic. All these goods could be made from cannabis plastics instead. Meanwhile the petrochemicals we use now destroy our environment. Hemp plastics would be clean and promote renewable economy."

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Word. I'm right there with you. Big industry has thwarted many innovations already. I'm in the know, man. You can check my post history. I'm just getting a bit tired of rewriting the same things over and over. Hemp could help us in numerous ways, but was demonized by J.P. Morgan and co-conspirators.

I also heard that recently scientists figured out how to create BPA (sp), plastic, and fuel from bacteria and sugar or bacteria and sunlight. BPA (sp?) is a precursor to many of the petroleum derived products we use. Basically, oil is long obsolete and overdue for overhaul!

So the true light bulb is going to be the majority of people demanding that big business stand down. Humanity uniting for the sake of bettering each other. A renaissance, or further regression is next up for the 201X's.

In a post I made just the other day, I noted that if half the inventions suppressed in the first half of the 20th century came to light, we'd be currently living in a golden era.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Worst Decade of my life.........globally speaking.........because despite losing my first wife, my house and my nice truck (wife got some, bank got rest!), I ended up moving in with my Mom and Dad, (Dad's hours got cut as well, and they were struggling), best friend got Cancer and struggled for two years, lost my high paying job, filed bankruptcy,
but guess what happened........

New Wife, 2 beautiful new baby boys (2 and 3 yr old now), Remodeled Mom and Dad's house, new garage, new pool, couple of acres of woods.

New Father-in-law gave me his broken down old truck, now it is running, and fixed up, and come to find out it is a 1-owner truck, and my wife learned to drive in it when she was a kid! (Much more valuable and economical than my $600/month truck I gave up.)

New State job with weekends and holidays off, got to go to bike week with my buddy for first time ever, got to celebrate 4th of July, got to participate in my Mason's lodge, etc., etc.!

My Buddy is recovering, and we are spending a lot more quality time together.

I have no bills now!

So, it was a horrible decade, and yet I am a better person in a better place for it!!

new topics

top topics

join