It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India ready for "two-front" war with China and Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.thenews.com.pk...

India is preparing for a possible “two-front war” with China and Pakistan, Geo News quoted an Indian newspaper as saying on Wednesday.

The newspaper said the Indian Army is now revising its five-year-old doctrine to effectively meet the challenges of war with China and Pakistan, deal with asymmetric and fourth-generation warfare, enhance strategic reach and joint operations with IAF and Navy.

The plan now is to launch self-contained and highly-mobile “battle groups”, with Russian-origin T-90S tanks and upgraded T-72 M1 tanks at their core, adequately backed by air cover and artillery fire assaults, for rapid thrusts into enemy territory within 96 hours.

Interesting rhetoric coming out of India... sounds to me like they've got some balls.. Other than Kashmir, what would make them think theyd be waring on two fronts with two different countries..? They did just pull 30,000 troops out of kashmir. www.dawn.com...
I would think that would weaken thier hold on Jammu and Kashmir... India has soo many armed rebellions going on, you hear all this talk about how pakistan is a "failed State" yet nobody mentions India... just a thought there..

Who would win if India fought a two-front war with China and Pakistan you think? Theyve regularly whooped Pakistani troops and lossed to the Chinese back in the 60's...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Does anyone really "win" a war?

I see this as another NWO inspired population reduction war. This whole area has too many males due to aborting female fetuses. They need to get rid of some of them.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Has nobody yet realized that the US is already in Pakistan? The bigger question for me is are we in Pakistan because we knew this was India's next step and wanted to gain ground in order to fight WITH India against China and Pakistan OR is India's move more centered around getting the US out of that area (unlikely).

Further, another question to ponder would be is India's timing related to our extension into Pakistan -- in other words, does India figure they have a better chance of the US fighting WITH India if we are already there? Without the US in Pakistan, I can't see getting involved with a war between India and China -- at least not until it becomes "necessary".

I think there's a lot more to this story that has not yet been realized. This would be a rather brazen attempt for India going it alone -- and given their rising status in the global economy, I find it suspect that now, when they barely have footing, to be the time to take on China.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think we need to avoid reading too much in to this press release. The article talks about the Indian Army changing its military doctrine to reflect changes in the battle conditions that India may face in the future.

Just as the UK and US make changes to military doctrine from time to time to reflect what their planners believe may happen in the future.

Based on events in the region, I can certainly see why Indian Army planners would want to change the doctrine to focus on a two front campaign, but would India really want to fight on two fronts, but in reality, India would not want to face two separate actions on two fronts against Pakistan and China at the same time.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Does anyone really "win" a war?

I see this as another NWO inspired population reduction war. This whole area has too many males due to aborting female fetuses. They need to get rid of some of them.

Yes

Wars are won by the surviving dominant males and thier wives who made money off of the event.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well India did buy 40,000 clusterbombs from the US last year. So...?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What is the reported reason for the tension ? Is it Geo political flexing or are there other reasons ?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I am curious about the language barrier. India has 20 something official languages. Does anybody know how this and India's poverty level affect their military readiness?

According to Ethnologue, India is considered to be the home to 398 languages out of which 11 have been reported extinct. But still there is not a single Indian language which is spoken across its length and breadth. Hindi is spoken by the majority of North Indians but it's not a popular means of communication in southern part of India. Similarly south Indian languages - Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam - are not understood by the people of northern India. For the convenience of people, the Constitution of India has recognized 22 languages as official languages of India.

www.mapsofindia.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Most likely hoax unless of course India wants to commit suicide!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
India is simply being manipulated. It is recruited to help keep China in check as the latter and Russia is being surrounded by the Zionist Empire.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen,
I'm an indian as my nick suggests. The 2nd part of the nick is a secret ambition far from my boring , dreary reality of an IT professional.

Coming to the topic at hand..
The perception about this comment in India is not muscle flexing.. But, it is a case of reassurance. There is a lot of concern in India about the perceived intrusions from the Chinese border. (Ref : timesofindia.indiatimes.com... )

In response to a query, the army chief mentioned that India can take both Pakistan and china simultaneously. This is not an intent of aggression but more a proclamation of self-defence.

geo , being what it is, will interpret according to it's own requirements. They do have their national interests in mind, plus also, their own diplomatic axes to grind..

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

You also need to remember that India is lightyears ahead of Pakistan in numbers as well as Technology. Pakistans most advanced fighter is the F-16A and they are going to grab JF-17's from china to replace the Chengdu F-7's. Both of these Aircraft pale in comparison to Indias SU-30MKI.

The indian and American Armies combined would be a very formidable opponent to china. And heaven help the chinese should india get there version of the PAK-FA anytime soon. The Indian airforce is easily on par with Russia and the USA as far skill goes. I doubt Chinas J-XX groups would be able to take on the F-22 and indian variant of the PAK-FA at once, not without help from russia. But that is speculative at best since next to nothing is known about J-XX or PAK-FA.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by DeathShield]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i'm an indian
in my opinion, india is not in a position to fight any war, let alone one involving china
india vs pak, in such a confrontation, i think pak will waste no time and will resort to nuclear weapons very quickly
india vs china, i think india will be humiliated.
china has much better weaponry and in greater quantity, so it doesn't matter how determined your soldiers are, a war will be based on technological superiority in terms of quantity and quality, and china definnitely has the advantage here. you even have military analysts and leaders occasionally appearing on tv saying that china is way ahead, they're just being polite, what they actually mean is that india doesn't stand a chance

and the whole illuminati angle,
is india unprepared for a war with china because of the astounding incompetency of the indian govt., or the illuminati faction in india has the attitude - " everything is going to be destroyed anyway, so why bother preparing, let's just invest in nuclear weapons, a superior alternative to population reduction"........who knows?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I believe it is possible to win a war, Hitler was defeated, Mussolini was defeated, Saddam was defeated, a number of other despotic dictators were defeated and only war could unseat them.

These days I believe technology is advanced so our tactics are more precise than using the shotgun approach of a war.

That region is not developed enough for the tactics to detect and take out those who give the attack orders before the triggers are pulled or systems can be warmed up. They can only respond to the manifestation of the orders given.

new topics

top topics

join