It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket Launcher Found In Apartment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Well he does have a point. Most of the suspects in these raids over the last five years are usually Americans who have converted to Islam. But they are americans and live within its borders, so that is key.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Launchers no good without a rocket. Why press charges for having a prop?

Prosecutors said there are no state charges for having the unarmed launcher or possessing Jihadist writings, unless they contain some type of threat.

No different the thousands of dummy grenades around.

Or selling grenade launchers. No good without grenades. It's not like you can walk down to Bob's Sporting Goods and grab a case of grenades and if you do know where to go to get a hold of grenades there really is no point in trying to keep the launcher from you because you're going to get it anyway.

This is a non-event news story IMO.

Wanna buy one yourself?

Here's the AT-4 for sale

[edit on 31-12-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

any leads on an M203? My AR would look sweet with one mounted on it.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ok, so some guy has a spent rocket launcher that can be turned into an airsoft gun or some other toy gun. BTW, Airsoft games are played with Nerf toys like we buy for our kids. So happens this guys religion is Jihad. I've come to the realization that this is the USA, and we accept/deal with alot of B.S. coming from our government officials and from our neighbors. Citizens will just look over this tidbit stuff too.
Ya know, too much cr*p is put on the news that the REAL news is overlooked.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by network dude

Oh yeah. Lots of manufacturers sellthem no special license or fees required. I know Spikes Tactical makes a nice one.

Only for flares of course.

If you get one don't forget the shotshell adaptor for those 12gauge flares.

Here's a link to one: www.import-action.com...

I'd post more links but it's a pain on mobile.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Link to Spikes: www.spikestactical.com...

twice the price but Spikes stuff is golden.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

the first one is for airsoft guns. the second is right on. I will have to check that out to see if it's legal in NC.
thanks again.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The article is very sensationalist and intentionally ignorant. (The original article, journalists, not the OP)

Journalists have to be some of the most uneducated and ignorant people on the face of this planet. They are always putting out a stupid story, hyping it up, scaring the sh!t out of people.. then when confronted with their delusions of grandeur, they plead ignorance and good ol' fashioned.. "I'm not an expert in the matter, just a journalist."

"It's not a rocket launcher, it's a spent and useless tube."

-"I'm just a journalist, I don't know"

"You weren't supposed to release the names of the victims."

-"I'm just a journalist, so how was I supposed to know."

etc.. whatever, you get the point.

These people are immature buffoons.

No doubt some other hotshot network is going to use this story as, "Link between other possible terrorist plans for the holidays? Are you Safe? Tune in at 11."

[edit on 31-12-2009 by SyphonX]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think I remember a few years ago a man bought a submarine, turns out that someone left a few trident nukes aboard it. They contacted the man and he of course gave back the nukes. But for a moment he was a one man nuclear power.

As for this story, essentially, the guy had a steel tube. Without the ammo, the worst he could do is bludgeon someone with it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I think I remember a few years ago a man bought a submarine,

how about a town that bought part of a submarine?
www.warmuseums.com.au...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join