It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uranus and Neptune get Hebrew names at last

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
no offense to anyone
but I think I will continue using the old names

I'm just too used to them
I will teach my future kids these names too

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This would not be the first time Hebrew names replaced old names.

Pharaoh Sheshi is none other than Mayebre or Mamayebra or better known as Abraham.
www.egyptcx.netfirms.com...

If you find this idea interesting there is much more here:
www.domainofman.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Wow, don't take this personally, people, but this thread has really made me lose hope for humanity. I know that most of society is functionally retarded, but I have held much higher assumptions for the intelligence of ATS members.

You guys realize that this will only effect what the Jews in ISRAEL call these planets, right?? The Jew's might have lots of influence, but the entire scientific community doesn't bow to them and worship their ancient language.

The planets will not be renamed. Only zionists will recognize the new names.

Many other languages have their own names for the planets, as well!

I really thought ATS people were smart enough to figure these things.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by seattletruth]

You failed to realize this "most of society is functionally retarded". lol

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Fine, as long as we are renaming planets, I claim Jupiter.

Henceforth Jupiter shall now and forever be known as Wukkamemnon!

Jupiter is just like me, a huge massive ball of hot gas!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If you guys really want to rename Uranus, try Prometheus.

That's the Greek god that represents how Uranus is typically treated astrologically anyway, and all the others match already (Mars = god of war, astrologically associated with aggression, Venus = love, Mercury = messenger/information, etc.). Prometheus is a revolutionary, which is how Uranus is considered in astrology. Just my 2 cents anyway.

I don't care about the "Hebrew names" and I honestly wouldn't have even made a news thread about it. Israel can go stuff themselves. All they do is abuse Palestinians and have Christians of lesser intelligence in a racist uproar about the end times and God's "chosen people."

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Wow, don't take this personally, people, but this thread has really made me lose hope for humanity. I know that most of society is functionally retarded, but I have held much higher assumptions for the intelligence of ATS members.

You guys realize that this will only effect what the Jews in ISRAEL call these planets, right?? The Jew's might have lots of influence, but the entire scientific community doesn't bow to them and worship their ancient language.

The planets will not be renamed. Only zionists will recognize the new names.

Many other languages have their own names for the planets, as well!

I really thought ATS people were smart enough to figure these things.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by seattletruth]

Not true - we are all going to be forced to use these names - thats why they say happy holidays in the US because the Jews banned christmas - and everyone is going to have to get the snizzle snipped - even the girls have to get the fories cut off - true - jews made all the ads louder on telly as well - they campaigned against seeds in grapes - now no one can grow grapes cause there are no seeds any more - and theres no right mouse click on apple computers because jews don't eat apples. True.

Well you started it with the "people on ATS are smart" crap - there might be about three smart people-.......99% are retards. Thats Re Tards as in The Hangover Re Tards........ok.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Uranus, is NOT pronounced'YOUR ANUS' it is properly pronounced YUR-INUS*

Even "yur-inus" can be taken the wrong way. It does, after all, sound like the word "urine". On a second note, Uranus is the only planet that is named after a Greek deity, the other 7 planets have Roman names.

I beleive Uranus should be renamed to Caelus , which is essentially the same diety but in Roman mythology.

More info here:

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join