It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Mono-Theist Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Mono-Theistic religions seems more like a powerful mechanism to keep us bound to a fearful society, than progressing us. It conveniently keeps us ignorant and excessively reliant, which are weakness that expose humanity to being manipulated (Manipulate is a understatement) and treated like chess pieces. Commonly, people say "our lord is coming back to save humanity" and many other promises to return and save humanity. This construct the mind-set of allowing abuse and dependency rather than self-dependency. As a result, mono-theistic religion keeps us chained to the wheel or cycle of darkness/hatred of the detriment we call society being consistently abused. It basically suppress the realization that you have the potential to fight and win the battle.

Another problem, Religion has caused conflict and separation. The phrase "divide and conquer" is a phraseology that everyone commonly overlook, which is quite deadly to underestimate. Conflict and separation keep us preoccupied and ignore what really matters. Due to many religions, consequently, myriad of conflicts exist, as a result, we're forever preoccupied.

In my opinion, the primary focus should be on self and how can you make a difference to lead humanity to the right direction. Such a mind-set would set an example to progress self and others to promote working as one, deprived of discrepancies that stunt a collective growth.

Mono-Theistic religion could all be a lie, but we live with the assumption that it's true. We overlook the possibility of it being manufactured to keep us conforming to society and the idea that it serve as a distraction to blind us from the truth. As a result, the elite keep beating us, despite out numbering them in the billions.

This is pretty much equivalent to the whole NFL getting beat by a couple of rich elegant folks, and the football team bank on some magical friend from the sky to save them. The football teams fail to realize their potential, and so the rich and the elegant pwnd them quite elegantly.

The rich and elegant wanted to exploit/humiliate the NFL and decided to create a book. The book contained the magical friend from the sky hero, and the football team became overly reliant on the magical hero and it's promise, thus forgot their potential. This book created necessary advantage to cause the football team to lose faith in self, and leave them susceptible to getting bullied by elegant rich kids. The football team keeps believing in this book, and the rich and elegant pwnd, and pwnd away.

Seems like a psychological disorder to me.

Wouldn't you agree mono-theistic religion stunt out growth as a collective?

[edit on 31-12-2009 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I agree entierly! Sometimes I think that the bible was written by illuminates, when you have the power over history, you can do anything. So, it's about time we created an atheist religion!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incendia vox
I agree entierly! Sometimes I think that the bible was written by illuminates, when you have the power over history, you can do anything. So, it's about time we created an atheist religion!

Sorry for the let down, but I'm not an atheists.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is the same shallow argument used to demonize guns. The verity of a truth should not be measured by how it is used, but rather, whether or not it is eternal/justified.

Pride and Chaos are dying. Everyone knows that. Why do you think people hate the improper use of money? Money is not corrupt, but the harsh manipulation of it is. Why do you think people advocate education? In ignorance the masses are abused and made to look incapable of strength.

So then, taking the opposites to their extreme, perfection, and completion; OrderCharity is life. They are the One who Created us. We exist between death (where Pride implodes and Chaos explodes) and life (where OrderCharity/Light exists without shadow).

Do not mistake the direction of death (which takes on the costume of godliness) for true godliness and do not mistake the direction of life (which becomes covered in mud from traversing this dirty world) for lack of strength. We live in the shadows for a time, but all understand that we should strive to manifest the Perfection.

False teachers and false Shepherds are racing to their death for they live by Pride and Chaos and this is made evident in their lives. Their shame is great and they can only shroud it in awards and uniforms. True teachers and true Shepherds have been given life without end by OrderCharity and this is made evident in their lives. They have no shame that is not covered by the robe of glory gifted to them by the Creators.

Judge and be judged. Condemn and be condemned. Live by grace and live by grace. So I tell you plainly, judge with grace and do not condemn for only the Creators are able to hide Light and return to the Void that which came from the Void.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

You clearly don't get it, religion can only be theistic!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incendia vox

You clearly don't get it, religion can only be theistic!

I meant mono-theistic. Changed OP.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

There have been no poly-thestic religions that made any sense to date, they have all been confusing gibberish, I honestly think that atheism is the only sensible course of action for any society, there is no division because all you have is truth, fact and reason.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Incendia vox]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Incendia vox

Pride is a truth, but I would rather not live by it, for it's end is death.
Chaos is a truth, but I would rather not live by it, for it's end it death.

What/who you are is made manifest. Sons of Light, or the Shadows of Light. Pride and Chaos only exist in the shadows. Pride is naked before Charitable Order and Chaos is naked before Orderly Charity. Order without Charity is Pride and Charity without Order is Chaos. OrderCharity is of no use to those without Counsel and Understanding for God is OrderCharity, the Everlasting, the Light which makes Pride and Chaos return to Void as the shadows they are.

If you search in the dark without a light, thinking you know the way, you will only find darkness and will only ever understand that which is passing away. But everyone knows that Eternal Truth/Perfection is greater than their own counsel or understanding. If you claim that all darkness is light, you will only ever counsel with that which is passing away. But everyone knows that Eternal Truth/Perfection is greater than their own counsel or understanding.

Life is manifest in different ways throughout the universe, but only within the good judges does eternity manifest in this realm, at this time.

Who can make the dust orderly? Who can make the orderly dust live?
DNA, alone, denies Chaos. Life, alone, denies Pride. In things such as DNA and Life, we can see the image of the invisible Creators who are OrderCharity.

Cut off a part of your body. The DNA/Order remains, yet there is no Life/Charity. Your spirit returns to the Void and your body part becomes rotten and then returns to dust (which is yet a form of grace to the cosmos).
Alternately, disrupt the coding of your body. The Life/Charity remains, yet there is no DNA/Order. Your spirit returns to the Void and your body part becomes cancerous and then returns to dust (which is yet a form of grace to the cosmos). [for those who might be overly critical, chronology is not key in the above statements.]

Cut yourself off from the Light and you will fade with the shadows into the Void from which we came. My Father is perpetually near.

[edit on 12/31/2009 by Dasher]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Religion doesn't kill people, people with religion kill people.

If religion alone were to blame, then like every other cult that fits the bill of what you are proposing, they would each implode and self-destruct or be destroyed by others.

Like guns, religion can be a tool for good or ill. It depends on the person.

Also, if all religion was inherently false, malevolent, or detrimental, evolution would not have provided for the development of religion. Every person who is the same religion as a religious extremist who does harm to others would be the same way.

This is simply not the case.

People of all different faiths give reports of happiness, peace, help, comfort, miracles, etc., all the time. It doesn't always produce murder and bigotry. Sometimes, religion even provides strength for some to escape addiction and destructive behaviors.

It is not across the board in very many situations, either for good or ill.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself,but I am a Christian who has faith in Jesus Christ,not in "Religion"!

I've only been to church a handful of times in my life,and felt it to be somewhat suffocating and phony.

I believe that my biggest command is to "love one another",and I do my best to do that,while praying for the Holy Spirit to guide me in all I do.

Never has my belief in God led me to be fearful,except for a healthy fear,as one might have when considering the most powerful force that exists. Like my fear of the ocean,only on a much grander scale!

I have never felt the desire to lash out at others for not believing as I do. I feel it is not my place to judge another,as we are all on our own journeys and who knows where theirs may lead? I will try to be a example of one who has a Christ-centered life and if I have a chance to share the gospel,I will gladly do so,though I am not pushy.(I'm not perfect either! I'm still human in more ways than I'd like to admit!)

I do not expect God to give me anything on a silver platter! I work for what I need,and am thankful for that opportunity. I am content in almost any circumstance,because I do not seek the "riches" this world has to offer.

As for my beliefs being bad for "the collective"? Please! We are all individuals first,are we not? The only "collective" I believe in is that we are all created by the same loving God who desires that we accept His Son's sacrifice on the cross as atonement for our sins.

So,while Religion,or things done "in the name of Religion"(especially the Catholic religion),have been horrific,I don't know any time where faith in Jesus Christ has led to war!

I don't have faith in "Religion". I have faith in Jesus Christ.

Can you understand the difference?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The same could be said of any organized religion. People need to find their own spirituality, not have one thrust upon them.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by GrandKitaro777

Look up these words and deny ignorance please. Universal Unitarianism

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by Incendia vox

Dawkins, Harris and gang is already on it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Wrong. Check a dictionary. ANYTHING can be a religion if enough importance is applied to it by the individaul.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

All of which are illusions. The "facts" of the present are often the laughing stock of tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
---this is why we must find the truth --the one religion that follows it, not all the false religions----think about this--[a russian goes to war with the blessing of his catholic church--americans go to war with their [most] religions blessing---WHO IS RIGHT---they are both false religions --letting themselves be used by their governments for their gain, for the bible clearly states war is a no-no. so ITS not the religion that is bad but the people who twist it for their gains-----Our own soldiers are told its ok to go kill and war under the gize of riteousness--our own preachers twist the bible in this country for their own gain----LOOK TO THE JEHOEVAH WITNESSES if ya want true bible understanding and your true calling---[no not a member but have been studing for a long time ]and in my oppinion they always find written fact in bible before they make a desision--------

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

To most of your post I say, praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

However, JWs are just as flawed in the main points of spiritual understanding as the RCC. Icons, Imperial church government, declaring the scriptures to be God (by referring to it as the Word), just to name a few.

From where you are viewing, you see much. Seek the opposite of Pride and Chaos, seek first the Kingdom of God.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The trouble with monotheism is simple.

If you only have one god, it by definition must be all-powerful and all-encompassing.

But then your god has to be the engineer behind the Holocaust as surely as behind cute bunnies.

So you're then left with a paradox - either your deity is all-powerful and just indifferent to you, or he cares about you but isn't all-powerful.

Either way there ends up being no point to monotheism. With the first situation, you might as well go atheist, ditch that last god, and make it all on your own. With the second, you might as well cook up a few more gods to rationalize the stuff your current one doesn't cover. Why is there evil? Well, it must be because there's an evil god, right?

Some people admire the amount of philosophy and debate and thought that has gone into the paradox of monotheism. However, I see it as three thousand years of wasted human brainpower. All the time people have spent arguing whether or not god can create a rock so heavy that he can't lift it could have been spent on improving the human condition.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

If you had a piece of land on which you planted trees and tended to them, and you then used the wood from the trees to make beautiful things, would it be right to condemn you for also using the trees to warm your home? I realize that from where you are viewing that some events are more tragic than others, but it would be wise for you to tame your judgment with understanding that without Life we would be dust. In truth there is not injustice and more injustice, in truth there is grace and more grace.

Compared to Perfection we are simply dancing dust and any aspect of goodness we receive is grace and not deserved. Everything good is a gift. Everything corrupt is simply a step toward returning to our natural and justified state of Void. The moral contradiction you see is simply because you are viewing this realm from a position of Pride. No one deserves anything except for death. THE STRIVING OF THIS WORLD IS THE LONG-SUFFERING OF LIFE.

Or I would ask you, what have you done to make yourself so worthy to live in relative safety compared to the rest of the universe? We are pampered life and have become lazy, unthankful, and ignorant. The truth is evident even from the beginning.

new topics

top topics

join