It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trinity is not real, nor is it logical!!!!!!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Originally posted by Neo__

I have a question, particularly to Nexus, Oliveoil and Miriam0566:

How can one say that Jesus was the one and only begotten Son of God if the Light which exists in Jesus exists in the entire creation?

Eventually there will be new Heaven and a new Earth. This implies to me that the awareness and enlightenment of God is a becoming of the Lord, a process in time and space. Therefore, my most inner Self, my true Being, which happens to be a current piece of the Universe, could indeed be a "Spark of Divinity". Something standing outside of creation. Something eternal.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Neo__]

Because Jesus is God.

heres the proof
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-1-2010 by oliveoil]

And so are we if we could but perceive. God is in everything, including you and me. The only difference between the man Jesus and us is that Jesus eventually knew that He was 'One with God'.

Eventually all of us will come to the same Self-realization. This was the good news that Jesus was trying to tell us. If we change our focus, from the ephemeral to the eternal, then we too can become 'One with God'. My question above was meant to emphasize the words "one and only".

All those things in your link can be attributed to each and everyone one of us. Greater things shall we do. Have faith in yourself. Know thyself and you will know God because the real truth lies within.

No. Jesus' body was human=finite his spirit was God=infinite
man is human=finite mans spirit is also finite.

I suppose much of the confusion arises from interpretations of terms. To me, spirit, mind and body are all finite terms and subject to time, space and conditioning. Spirit, to me, is another word for energy. The same energy since the beginning of creation has been circulating throughout the Universe, changing form but never being created (again) or destroyed (yet).

Jesus' body was human=finite. Yes, it was subject to the conditioning of the time and space. Man is human=finite for the same reason. But the "Life" expressing Itself within the spirit, mind and body of Jesus stands both within the finite conditions of the body and without. It's the Life within that is eternal, this is the true 'Spark of God' that lies deep within the heart of hearts of everyone of us.

Deep within each and everyone of us is a part of the Eternal. Our goal is to come to this realization. Jesus, and all the other 'Sons of God, who are the sons of men', can only point the way to this realization. It's up to us walk the path and see the light. It will not be given to us just because we believe. We have to perfect our finite temples (of spirit, mind and body) in order to become One with God.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I have a question, particularly to Nexus, Oliveoil and Miriam0566:

How can one say that Jesus was the one and only begotten Son of God if the Light which exists in Jesus exists in the entire creation?

Eventually there will be new Heaven and a new Earth. This implies to me that the awareness and enlightenment of God is a becoming of the Lord, a process in time and space. Therefore, my most inner Self, my true Being, which happens to be a current piece of the Universe, could indeed be a "Spark of Divinity". Something standing outside of creation. Something eternal.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Neo__]

Because Jesus is God.

heres the proof
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-1-2010 by oliveoil]

And so are we if we could but perceive. God is in everything, including you and me. The only difference between the man Jesus and us is that Jesus eventually knew that He was 'One with God'.

Eventually all of us will come to the same Self-realization. This was the good news that Jesus was trying to tell us. If we change our focus, from the ephemeral to the eternal, then we too can become 'One with God'. My question above was meant to emphasize the words "one and only".

All those things in your link can be attributed to each and everyone one of us. Greater things shall we do. Have faith in yourself. Know thyself and you will know God because the real truth lies within.

No. Jesus' body was human=finite his spirit was God=infinite
man is human=finite mans spirit is also finite.

I suppose much of the confusion arises from interpretations of terms. To me, spirit, mind and body are all finite terms and subject to time, space and conditioning. Spirit, to me, is another word for energy. The same energy since the beginning of creation has been circulating throughout the Universe, changing form but never being created (again) or destroyed (yet).

Jesus' body was human=finite. Yes, it was subject to the conditioning of the time and space. Man is human=finite for the same reason. But the "Life" expressing Itself within the spirit, mind and body of Jesus stands both within the finite conditions of the body and without. It's the Life within that is eternal, this is the true 'Spark of God' that lies deep within the heart of hearts of everyone of us.

Deep within each and everyone of us is a part of the Eternal. Our goal is to come to this realization. Jesus, and all the other 'Sons of God, who are the sons of men', can only point the way to this realization. It's up to us walk the path and see the light. It will not be given to us just because we believe. We have to perfect our finite temples (of spirit, mind and body) in order to become One with God.

You could take it further and say it all boils down to the big bang. what caused it? you don't just get something from nothing. Interesting theory though, where does one soul fit into it?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You could take it further and say it all boils down to the big bang. what caused it? you don't just get something from nothing.

M-theory does exactly this...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

You could take it further and say it all boils down to the big bang. what caused it? you don't just get something from nothing. Interesting theory though, where does one soul fit into it?

The beginning of creation boiling down to the big bang? Absolutely. The Hindus call this the Great Life of BRAHMA. Eventually BRAHMA will withdrawal into ItsSelf and disappear back into the "void" and once more be "without form". BRAHMA, says ancient Hindu cosmology, has incarnated millions and millions of times and for all intents and purposes is endless, and as far as we are concerned is without beginning or end. Discover the part of you that disappears during sleep and death and then ask what causes the big bang.

The soul, as far as I can see has at least 3 different descriptions depending on whether you're talking about the soul looking down at it's reflection, dwelling upon itself or looking into the future. Lately I've been seeing the soul as the expanding awareness of itself. The soul is found in body, mind and spirit. Like a focal point to another reality, the soul is the "Eye of the Self" and permits the Self to realize Its image.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Great stuff JR. Quantum physics is reaching into realms that physics is not allowed to go, at least not without a name change.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here are some more writings from the "Laws of Life", regarding the relationship between the Self and It's reflection:

As the Self passes from one stage of life to another, experiences of creation are stored in the consciousness. That consciousness becomes the bank of awareness. The closer one comes to the Supreme Being, the more consciousness develops around the Self. So the Self experiences Godly powers, Godly presence and the presence of deities. If you worship these deities you are in fact worshipping power. What happens if you worship these powers? You try to create awareness around the power. But will this bring salvation? No, these powers are not to be followed, but to be respected with a strong sense of detachment. Once that process has been accomplished, even with Godly, spiritual powers, then the Almighty opens the door, and the Self "sits next to the Almighty" - that is, in the Supreme Being.

At the human level, it is very difficult to understand creation, because at the human level everything is conditioned. Only highly evolved souls, aware and detached, can guide humanity towards freedom and salvation. This is why honesty, sincerity and detachment is taught, because these three, if practiced, generate awareness and equilibrium in mind, spirit and body.

In light there is total creation. Light is the mother of creation. The 'beginning' and the 'end' are in light. But Life is beyond light. The source of Life is in the Supreme Being.

Nevertheless, creation around us is important to us. Nothing is outside of us. Everything is within mind, spirit and body. Those who learn the art of Self-realization in mind, spirit and body will experience that everything within and without is from one source which we call God. In effect, anything and everything belongs to the Almighty. Once that sense is developed in the mental body, then the spiritual body will follow the same pattern and the Self will be able express equilibrium and detachment. The isms of desire such as 'mine' and 'yours' will fall into the right perspective.

The Self is not mind, spirit or body. The Self is immortal. Mind, spirit and body are the clothes given by the Almighty at birth and discarded at death. It is Life, which is experience, which becomes the source of energy. Experience is very important for the Self to be able to move in mind, spirit and body. and establish mastery. When this is done, creation is mastered.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

That would work if we had forever to do it. Since we do not, the only way to do it is by being spiritually joined with Christ through faith. Otherwise we die before we get very far along in our personal evolution. Jesus was given all that was required to save himself, plus enough within him to take us with him. When the earth is judged and the wicked are destroyed, we will have the opportunity to perfect our spirits to eventually join the rest of humanity of the universe that never fell. The fallen nature of this planet is what makes us unfit for being joined based on our own merit.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Neo__

That would work if we had forever to do it. Since we do not, the only way to do it is by being spiritually joined with Christ through faith. Otherwise we die before we get very far along in our personal evolution. Jesus was given all that was required to save himself, plus enough within him to take us with him.

Being 'spiritually joined with Christ', as you say it, means to walk the same path of Christ. Every journey begins with a first step and the fastest way of ensuring you are walking in the right direction is to purify the vehicles you've been given, i.e. your body, mind and spirit, the 'temples of the Lord'. It's the path of least resistance and one that anyone can do right now and one which will produce almost immediate results.

from The Laws of Life

Life consists of the mind, spirit and body. If the body is starved it weakens and becomes sick; if the spiritual body is starved a person fades and dies; if the mental body is starved a person loses direction in life. The natural food for the mind, spirit and body is honestly, sincerity and detachment.

Through right thought, right speech and right action your mental, spiritual and physical bodies will come into equilibrium. And when the mind, spirit and body are in equilibrium, awareness occurs. Awareness is the flowering of the soul.

When the earth is judged and the wicked are destroyed, we will have the opportunity to perfect our spirits to eventually join the rest of humanity of the universe that never fell.

I don't believe that we'll be judged by our beliefs, (not sure if you're implying this here). We are more likely to be judged by our thoughts, our speech and our actions. And when the Book of Life is opened and our lives are displayed for all to see, we will be seen for what we were, not just for what we believed. Don't we all take our own cup to heaven and it wouldn't it be better to be a sincere and honest thief than a insincere and dishonest saint?

The fallen nature of this planet is what makes us unfit for being joined based on our own merit.

Again, I don't see it this way at all. This is catholic guilt, the 'original sin' that the dogma says has plagued us all right from birth. It's a control mechanism that's been used to keep people in check and couldn't be further from the truth. It's probably the cause of more neurosis and mental ailments than anything else in this world.

You are, as a thinking, aware human being, a Spark of the Divine, a part and parcel of God. A shepherd doesn't destroy his lost sheep, no matter how far or how long they've been gone. What sin could be so terrible that it requires the soul to be destroyed? What sin is too great to go beyond forgiveness?

from The Laws of Life

"Remain open-minded. Enjoy life. When you enjoy life, it is as if you are sitting on a beach looking at the vast ocean. At that moment you experience serenity, tranquility, detachment within. You do not think of your bank account at that moment. Nobody lectures you at that monument. The gift of life flowers within you.

Experience this and you will realize you are a unique person. You are unique in this creation."

Know that the Glory of the Lord can never be comprehended by anyone, but it can be experienced. When Jesus experienced the Lord, the Lord immediately taught him one art: to remain detached from the Lord's glory by becoming the humblest of men. If you become humble, you do not claim anything for yourself.

Anyways, sorry if I'm sounding preachy here. I thought maybe you could use some inspiration.

Cheers.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

You are, as a thinking, aware human being, a Spark of the Divine, a part and parcel of God. A shepherd doesn't destroy his lost sheep, no matter how far or how long they've been gone. What sin could be so terrible that it requires the soul to be destroyed? What sin is too great to go beyond forgiveness?
Well, first off, don't let the fact that you are a Spark of the Divine go to your head and remember everyone is and you (not meaning you literally, but anyone) are not especially blessed because you are. Just that fact does not set one apart for any favors. I think the failure would be from not seeking God to plead for forgiveness because of a feeling of being adequate, or somehow slightly better than the general masses. Someone could feel pretty good about themselves without realizing the ones they sneer at are secretly praying to God and will be saved while you, unrepentant, go to hell. (again, I don't mean you, but the person, hypothetically, who gets lost)

[edit on 11-1-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Neo__

Well, first off, don't let the fact that you are a Spark of the Divine go to your head and remember everyone is and you (not meaning you literally, but anyone) are not especially blessed because you are. Just that fact does not set one apart for any favors. I think the failure would be from not seeking God to plead for forgiveness because of a feeling of being adequate, or somehow slightly better than the general masses. Someone could feel pretty good about themselves without realizing the ones they sneer at are secretly praying to God and will be saved while you, unrepentant, go to hell. (again, I don't mean you, but the person, hypothetically, who gets lost)

[edit on 11-1-2010 by jmdewey60]

Yes, I understand. Knowing that we Sparks of the Divine shouldn't lead us into a false security that we have it 'made in the shade', so to speak. Perfection is a long road with a lot of burdens to bear. I don't feel anywhere near perfect.

The teachers tell us to 'keep your mirror clean', but knowing that somewhere in our mirrors is a reflection of something perfect is far from actually being that perfect reflection. I don't think a day goes by that I don't realize my short-comings. I guess that's what humility is all about.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
JC didnt post messages to the people he wanted to talk too

if your such a "spark of the divine" , then youll get out in your community & go door to door , just like JC did

99.9% of christians wouldnt know where to start , how to go about it , or keep at it

posting messages about belief in God & the bible on the internet isnt how the word gets spread

face to face is the only way . if your religion isnt doing this , then it wont be getting Gods backing

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Brad_cf

99.9% I think fully wrong. Thats implies that almost all Christians don't know to do the will of GOd or help those around them. Yes alot of CHristians don't fully do the will of God. But who are we to judge peoples hearts.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I have a bible form HarperCollinsPublishers

Matthew 17:20 It was because you haven't enough faith, answered Jesus. I assure you that if you have faith as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this hill, Go from here to there! and it will go. YOU COULD DO ANYTHING!.

Matthew 17:21 IS NOT THERE

So in fact they deleted Jesus words how to drive this demons out and say there is no way to drive them out.

Matthew 17:21 But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.

Collins is one of the 13 satanic bloodlines.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeosGuru
I have a bible form HarperCollinsPublishers

Matthew 17:20 It was because you haven't enough faith, answered Jesus. I assure you that if you have faith as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this hill, Go from here to there! and it will go. YOU COULD DO ANYTHING!.

Matthew 17:21 IS NOT THERE

So in fact they deleted Jesus words how to drive this demons out and say there is no way to drive them out.

Matthew 17:21 But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.

Collins is one of the 13 satanic bloodlines.

Mt 17:20
The entire verse is an addition of Mt who omits the reason given
for the disciples' inability in Mk 9:29.
Little faith.... is a combination of a Q saying (Lk 17:6) with a
Marcan saying (Mk 11:23)

Mt 17:21 Some manuscripts add, "But this kind does not come out except by prayer
and fasting", a varient of Mk 9:29.

Guess it all depends on which manuscripts are chosen.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Nex, it's simple

God has Multiple personality disorder.

Shesh oh Pete!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
mother, father and son, easy answer for an easier question

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Okay people I will count. God the Father...that's one. God the Son...that's two! God the Holy Spirit...That's three. In other words, three Gods. Where in the bible can you read God saying he has THREE aspects, even indirectly, like in the style of a parable? Nowhere.

The logic behind the trinity goes like this: God the Father sent himself (God the Son) along with himself (God the Holy spirit) to redeem mankind from sin, thus saving us from his wrath come Judgment Day. Boy that is one mentally challenged god don't you think?

Tertullian's been centuries in his grave and trinitarians still believe his crap.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join