It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trinity is not real, nor is it logical!!!!!!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

Originally posted by oliveoil
Yes ,he was born of a woman and was a real human being just like us. But he also shared all of Gods attributes unlike us,thus rendering him GOD!!!

any scriptures that can help your statement?

because you may share attributes of you mother or father, but you arent them

Yeah, I started a thread on this but I havent been able to get there yet.
Please feel free to comment.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

also here is a good web site that goes down the list of similarities

www.rim.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

No,God. There can only be one. God the father=God God the son=God God the holy Ghost=God. Only one true God.

any scriptures to back this up too?

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No,God. There can only be one. God the father=God God the son=God God the holy Ghost=God. Only one true God.

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

how does this prove that "God the father=God God the son=God God the holy Ghost=God. Only one true God."?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

god is in all of us, but does that make us god?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

how does this prove that "God the father=God God the son=God God the holy Ghost=God. Only one true God."?

Miriam, The bible clearly states there is but only one God period. EPH 4:6
confirms. the Father ,the Son,the holy Ghost are all he. They all share the same attributes as him and are even called God. not a god, THE GOD!! What part do you not understand?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l

god is in all of us, but does that make us god?

Its apparent that you failed Sunday school.

God is in all of us(humans) just like he was in Jesus(human) Difference is that we are finite, Jesus was not.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
were not finite, if we follow gods teachings

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
were not finite, if we follow gods teachings

Dude, We are finite. Our bodies are finite, our knowledge is finite, our love is finite. God on the other hand is infinite. even in death our spirit/soul will never compare to God. comprendere?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
hmmm

a little harsh but sure i guess i comprende

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

confirms. the Father ,the Son,the holy Ghost are all he. They all share the same attributes as him and are even called God. not a god, THE GOD!! What part do you not understand?

let me clarify since you thoughts seem to run off without you.

The bible clearly states there is but only one God period. EPH 4:6
confirms.

correct, you made this statement and you confirmed it.

the Father ,the Son,the holy Ghost are all he.

eph 4:6 does not say any of this

They all share the same attributes as him and are even called God.

again, ephesians says nothing of this

not a god, THE GOD!!

no mention of this either.

your using a scripture to prove something and the scripture doesnt say anything about what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

what are you doing here?

What are you doing here? And by that, I don't mean this thread, I mean ATS??? This is not a religious site, and you exclusively only post on religious threads. If anyone has an agenda here, it is not me...

your making all these statements about the bible and yet im sure sure you dont even study it. ever consider the possibility that sometimes religion is not about worshipping god?

I have four copies of it on my bookshelf (three different versions, plus one in Latin that is a family heirloom) that are crammed with post-it notes and I reread them at least once a year (along with the Quran). In fact, I have one complete bookshelf dedicated to spiritual belief systems from around the world, all read at least twice. And you???

And I have absolutely considered that religion has absolutely nothing to do with worshiping God! It is about controlling people and taking their money.

its more about tradition and comfort and acceptance by others in their religion. to these the bible "can be interpreted to say pretty much anything you want it to, or support any position you want it to."

to everyone else, that statement is beyond false

First, you just contradicted yourself. Second, while you all "comfort and accept" each other, you go to great pains to do the opposite to those who are not 'believers'.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I have four copies of it on my bookshelf (three different versions, plus one in Latin that is a family heirloom) than are crammed with post-it notes and I reread them at least once a year (along with the Quran). In fact, I have one complete bookshelf dedicated to spiritual belief systems from around the world, all read at least twice. And you???

LOL I cant help reading this and looking at your avatar bursting into laughter.

no offense toward you.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

let me clarify since you thoughts seem to run off without you.

The bible clearly states there is but only one God period. EPH 4:6
confirms.

correct, you made this statement and you confirmed it.

the Father ,the Son,the holy Ghost are all he.

eph 4:6 does not say any of this

They all share the same attributes as him and are even called God.

again, ephesians says nothing of this

not a god, THE GOD!!

no mention of this either.

your using a scripture to prove something and the scripture doesnt say anything about what you are talking about.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VERSE I QUOTED!!!
If we can agree on something could this be it. THEIR IS ONLY ONE GOD.

If you read the Bible like you say you do and you can add 1+1+1 you would realize what iI am saying..

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The word 'prove' does not belong to this question. We are
discussing a Reality that is Mystery, totally Other, Incpmprehensible.

This is an area in which theology must recognize its limits. An area
where an absolute mentality will only come to foolishness.The best
that can be offered is a 'humble admission of ignorance'.God is Mystery.

I like the line in the movie 'Angles and Demons' where Tom Hanks answers
the question 'do you believe in God?' and he replies, ".....my mind tells me
I will never understand God,....(my heart) tells me I'm not meant to. Faith is a gift that I have yet to receive."

God is only One, in subsatnce, the 'threeness' exists
on the level of relation. God in dialogue with himself. 'Let us make man'
(Gen. 1:26). 'The Lord said to my lord', (Ps 110:1). Jesus conversations
with his Father whom he referred to as 'Abba'.

Much of the problem, I think, is due to a misconception of the idea of 'person'.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Neo__

Neo:

I almost cried when I read your post. So many of us have poorly tried to say what you did. Your words were beautiful and explained the Trinity [to me] so well that everyone should understand how "it" all comes to be.

Thank you!
Grandma

The mysteries of life shouldn't be that difficult to understand. We tend to get hung up on old theologies and our attachments to them. Whereas I've found that modern day theosophy outshines theology by far. Instead of the rational study of "god-logic" there is a enlightening study of "god-wisdom" called theosophy which stands free of the restrictions of doctrine and dogma.

Here is some recent theosophical teachings:

Being and Becoming - Being and Becoming are two modalities. Being is the unchanging, whereas becoming is a process in time and space. Man, in his Being, is the Self. In his becoming, his is the soul - the reflection of the Self. Mind, spirit and bodies are the temples of the Lord which man inhabits.

God, the Lord of All, is most assuredly One. Since His becoming is but a reflection of His Self, the Lord stands as One. Reflections, however, need a medium to reflect in order to be a reflection. This reflection or image is the becoming of the Lord in time and space through which the soul becomes aware of itself. It uses these three 'temples of the Lord' to become first Self-aware and eventually Self-realized. The body of matter, the mind of thought and the spirit of energy are but the temples of the Lord.

More from the teachings:

Any action you perform should be done according to these three principles: honesty of mind, sincerity of spirit, and detachment. And action performed with dishonesty of mind, an insincere spirit and attachment is destructive.

These are the simplest and most effective ways of ensuring you're walking the path forward and not backwards. You don't have to be an advanced saint in the studies of some ism to practice these basic Laws of life. Everyone can do it.

Cheers Grandma,

- Neo

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have a question, particularly to Nexus, Oliveoil and Miriam0566:

How can one say that Jesus was the one and only begotten Son of God if the Light which exists in Jesus exists in the entire creation?

Eventually there will be new Heaven and a new Earth. This implies to me that the awareness and enlightenment of God is a becoming of the Lord, a process in time and space. Therefore, my most inner Self, my true Being, which happens to be a current piece of the Universe, could indeed be a "Spark of Divinity". Something standing outside of creation. Something eternal.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

The darkness perceived it not. John 1:5
Jesus came so there would be no excuse to not know the light.
The light that is in The Word was also in Jesus, to give life.
Jesus is the way where we can understand what the light is.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__

How can one say that Jesus was the one and only begotten Son of God if the Light which exists in Jesus exists in the entire creation?

Eventually there will be new Heaven and a new Earth. This implies to me that the awareness and enlightenment of God is a becoming of the Lord, a process in time and space. Therefore, my most inner Self, my true Being, which happens to be a current piece of the Universe, could indeed be a "Spark of Divinity". Something standing outside of creation. Something eternal.

Because Jesus is God.

heres the proof

[edit on 10-1-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Because Jesus is God.

heres the proof

And so are we if we could but perceive. God is in everything, including you and me. The only difference between the man Jesus and us is that Jesus eventually knew that He was 'One with God'.

Eventually all of us will come to the same Self-realization. This was the good news that Jesus was trying to tell us. If we change our focus, from the ephemeral to the eternal, then we too can become 'One with God'. My question above was meant to emphasize the words "one and only".

All those things in your link can be attributed to each and everyone one of us. Greater things shall we do. Have faith in yourself. Know thyself and you will know God because the real truth lies within.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Because Jesus is God.

heres the proof

And so are we if we could but perceive. God is in everything, including you and me. The only difference between the man Jesus and us is that Jesus eventually knew that He was 'One with God'.

Eventually all of us will come to the same Self-realization. This was the good news that Jesus was trying to tell us. If we change our focus, from the ephemeral to the eternal, then we too can become 'One with God'. My question above was meant to emphasize the words "one and only".

All those things in your link can be attributed to each and everyone one of us. Greater things shall we do. Have faith in yourself. Know thyself and you will know God because the real truth lies within.

No. Jesus' body was human=finite his spirit was God=infinite
man is human=finite mans spirit is also finite.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join