It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Trinity is not real, nor is it logical!!!!!!!!

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
okay everyone this gets me going, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE TRINITY!!!!.
If God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are they same person, then how is jesus the SON of God? why would God send himself to Earth to die for Humanity? He created the Earth, he Rules above it, why would he come down to Earth to be Hated? why in the bible does Jesus never take any credit for himself? if he was truly God he would take credit for his words and teachings, but not, in one scripture a woman calls jesus great and what does he say? No one is great but one, who is God, everything jesus did he said it was for his FATHER not himself. and if Jesus is the "Holy Ghost" then why would Jesus ask god for his own spirit to guide him? the Holy Ghost was present at Jesus's baptism in the form of a dove,
Jesus made it clear, in one of the most quoted scriptures from the bible where he said, “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3) sorry Trinitarians, but if you read the bible you are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 31-12-2009 by l neXus l]

[edit on 31-12-2009 by l neXus l]




posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l
 


Its three persons, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost. All three share the same nature which is that of God. Its not that difficult of a concept to get.



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
yes they are all connected but three different beings, exactly, most true trinitarians believe they all share the same body.



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
yes they are all connected but three different beings, exactly, most true trinitarians believe they all share the same body.


No. three distinct individuals that all share the same attributes of God.



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
yes, but they are not all god!!!!



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
yes, but they are not all god!!!!


Well if it walks like God,Talks like God, Is referred to as God, Refers to them self as God. What would that make them?



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
they would be imposters!!!!!!!!1



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil
 


I have to agree with oliveoil here. The Three are found in One and the One reveals the Three.

You wouldn't say that the past, present and future were individually "imposters" of the concept we know as "time". Together, and only together, do past, present and future make up time. Yet we find no problem referring to a "time past" or "some time in the future".

The trinity is part of what makes up our physical world. Without positive, negative and neutral you could not make up a physical atom.

The Father, Son and Holy Ghost are religious icons of these Forces of Nature.




[edit on 31-12-2009 by Neo__]



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
reply to post by oliveoil
 


I have to agree with oliveoil here. The Three are found in One and the One reveals the Three.

You wouldn't say that the past, present and future were individually "imposters" of the concept we know as "time". Together, and only together, do past, present and future make up time. Yet we find no problem referring to a "time past" or "some time in the future".

The trinity is part of what makes up our physical world. Without positive, negative and neutral you could not make up a physical atom.

The Father, Son and Holy Ghost are religious icons of these Forces of Nature.




[edit on 31-12-2009 by Neo__]



Thank you Neo .I couldn't have put it more eloquently.Its absolutely amazing that people cant grasp this concept.It is very logical and makes perfect sense. well done.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by oliveoil]



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil
 


It shouldn't be that amazing to you. We all move to our own drummer and people evolve in their own pace.

The North American Indians used to place an eagle feather in the middle of a medicine wheel and then everyone would sit around the circle and discuss life. Each person saw the feather in a different way. Did this make anyone's point of view any more valid? The truth is the same way. Some see only partial truths, some are viewing it for the first time, while others have become one with it.

In other words, what you see as the truth may be something completely different to another. We should rejoice and embrace our differences and tread lightly around the trap of thinking 'I am right, you are wrong'.

Cheers and Happy New Year.



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
reply to post by oliveoil
 


It shouldn't be that amazing to you. We all move to our own drummer and people evolve in their own pace.

The North American Indians used to place an eagle feather in the middle of a medicine wheel and then everyone would sit around the circle and discuss life. Each person saw the feather in a different way. Did this make anyone's point of view any more valid? The truth is the same way. Some see only partial truths, some are viewing it for the first time, while others have become one with it.

In other words, what you see as the truth may be something completely different to another. We should rejoice and embrace our differences and tread lightly around the trap of thinking 'I am right, you are wrong'.

Cheers and Happy New Year.


This is true. However, The Bible is not a feather, its the word of God and does not err. People on the other hand do.
Happy new year. Peace.



[edit on 31-12-2009 by oliveoil]



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The feather, in this case, is a metaphor, a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity. In this case the feather represents 'the truth'.

As you say, the truth itself doesn't err but our view of it sure does. Ergo the wide varieties of religions around the world all created from the same Bible. Our interpretation of the truth creates religions, doctrines and dogmas. These are but our interpretations of truth and this is why my signature says There is no Religion Higher than Truth. Religions are but wo/man made points of view and interpretations of the One Central Truth, the One Life in and behind all creation.



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Judaism and Islam make the most sense towards God in that they reject the Trinity and that God alone i sufficient enough to forgive sins. Why become a god-man and die to have to be able to forgive sins. That doesn't make much sense and would limit Gods abilities.



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l
 


Just wanted to say I have studied this topic very thoroughly, and I agree with you.

You are correct the Trinity is not real, it is a pulled Pagan doctrine adopted by the Council of Nicaea, which lapsed into the very apostasy Jesus foretold in the gospels.

Most Christians blindly accept the theology of the apostasy of the 3rd and 4th century.



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Why soo many exclamation points? Like you don't want it to be real?

Why is it illogical? Because your human mind which is limited cannot fathom it?

I'll have more on this thread later.



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
Judaism and Islam make the most sense towards God in that they reject the Trinity and that God alone i sufficient enough to forgive sins. Why become a god-man and die to have to be able to forgive sins. That doesn't make much sense and would limit Gods abilities.
Oh, you mean like kill everyone, or make everyone robots? I'm sure God could do that.
God created the universe with a system under which it functions. You could call it a law. Part of God's maintaining the existence of the universe would include His upholding the law. God saving us from certain death, because of our transgression of the law, would have to be in accordance to the law that He had established Himself. The combining of justice with mercy required a unique sort of intervention on the part of God, which meant a sacrifice of Himself. God became "of limited abilities" not out of weakness but because He understands that the universe can not ever be safe if He does not do things in a way that is compatible with the law and at the same time satisfies its demands.


[edit on 1-1-2010 by jmdewey60]



posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Its three persons, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost. All three share the same nature which is that of God. Its not that difficult of a concept to get.


Originally posted by l neXus l
yes they are all connected but three different beings, exactly, most true trinitarians believe they all share the same body.


No. three distinct individuals that all share the same attributes of God.


but thats not the trinity.

Athanasian Creed - "the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God."

they cant be 3 distinct individuals can they? otherwise GOD was lying wasnt he?

isaiah 45:[5] I am the LORD (Jehovah the one who is "father"), and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
[6] That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

how can the trinity be 3 separate individuals who are all god when god says there is only one?



posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
I have to agree with oliveoil here. The Three are found in One and the One reveals the Three.

You wouldn't say that the past, present and future were individually "imposters" of the concept we know as "time". Together, and only together, do past, present and future make up time. Yet we find no problem referring to a "time past" or "some time in the future".

The trinity is part of what makes up our physical world. Without positive, negative and neutral you could not make up a physical atom.

The Father, Son and Holy Ghost are religious icons of these Forces of Nature.


you arent talking about forces. we are talking about a person. GOD is a person. he has emotions and he thinks.

the analogies make no sense. whether you are talking about "time" or "water" none explain how god is three different people at the same time.

and while we are on the subject of truth, doesnt god set that standard? would a bible which is his revelation to mankind about himself set the standard?

i have in previous threads shown that the bible does not support such a confusing theory as the trinity. in fact it abhores it.



posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l
 



You're trying to equate faith with logic?


If God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are they same person, then how is jesus the SON of God? why would God send himself to Earth to die for Humanity?


Think about the concept of gods with "avatars", i.e. fragmented essence of a god, sent to Earth, to manifest in some way. The manifestation could be as simple as a whisper on the wind or as complex as a human being. Some of the entity's essence would still reside in "Heaven", but it is still one and the same.

I'm not even a Christian, but you can make this argument just from other religious viewpoints as well, that also feature avatars. In another sense, you could borrow from Greek and Roman mythology, and claim Christ to be a demigod, half mortal, half deity, with the God essence inside of him, much like Perseus or Hercules..... So, from the Christian argument, God created a fusion of himself and man, to see what would happen. Sure, it flies in the face of an omniscient God, but what religion is absent of contradictions? (i.e. none)... Again, not what I believe, but there is a basis for the claim, or at least a precedent, in religion....


i have in previous threads shown that the bible does not support such a confusing theory as the trinity. in fact it abhores it.


That's because the idea of the Trinity was "decided" at the Council of Nicea, to reconcile the emergence of Jesus with the Old Testament.


[edit on 1-1-2010 by Gazrok]



posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Think about the concept of gods with "avatars", i.e. fragmented essence of a god, sent to Earth, to manifest in some way. The manifestation could be as simple as a whisper on the wind or as complex as a human being. Some of the entity's essence would still reside in "Heaven", but it is still one and the same.


many religion's have this concept yes. the bible however does not. especially when it comes to jesus.

1 john 4:[3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

if you look further into this passage, john was talking about certain christians that were claiming that jesus did not come in the flesh but instead used a fleshly representation or avatar as you put it. they thought that jesus was still in heaven while his fleshly body walked the earth.

john was correcting them. a fact that trinitarians seem to choose to ignore



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join