It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So 2009 is over, what have we learned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
2009 is now part of history.

Visiting this site almost daily throughout this past year has given me alot of things to think about and also some insight into things I never knew thanks to some very informative and intelligent members of this community.

However, the other side of this is the over the top predictions or expectations that seem to have fizzled out as the year closed.

The US elected its first Black(well half black) President. Despite the warnings and predictions. He was not assassinated. There was no race war started by the right wing fringers. I suppose there is still time for that, but it seemed as though this was a foregone conclusion for 2009. Obama's birth issue was also never resolved, the story is fading away........

There was no additional major terrorist attack on US soil.

There was no revolution

Martial Law was not implemented

Aliens did not arrive or intentionally expose themselves to us

Matreya did not show up

2009 was a "mild" year for natural disasters

World War Three did not start

North Korea dissappeared from the news

Swine flu seems to have also disappeared

Iran started down the path of revolution, but was squashed and ended before it really started.

Israel was not attacked and did not pull the US into any wars. Just more of the same continuation.

Still no good or convincing (for sceptics)UFO videos

No Alien discloser

The economy did not collapse into a great depression, at least not yet.

We did not experience unbelievable disasters as predicted by webbot and others.

Over-all the year was rather dull in terms of actual "events", unlike the talk that surrounded it which teased us with anticipation.

In thinking about our recent history. It seems life is indeed cyclical. Every decade seems to have a somewhat major event which we should learn to expect.

This past decade........ 9/11 comes to mind as well as economical collapse. The war in Iraq.

The late 80's early 90's we went through a similar swing. the wall, the economy. oil middle east etc.

60's, 70's Wars and peace(hippies) same deal

40-50 war and peace

1900-1930's great depression, war etc etc etc

So what can we expect for 2010-2020? More war, more oilcentric issues, middle east conflict? Or will we finally end it ? will 2012 actually bring real change.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think we've learned the world will keep on spinning, politicians are all still liars, someone, somewhere is still gonna try and control the populace, the world is indeed getting smaler, and people don't really change that much.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

What have I learned?

1. You can't print money out of thin air and claim its worth something!
(hyper-inflation WILL happen)

2. EVERYONE has an opinion and is entitled to it. Doesn't mean they're right.

3. I learned not to take everything seriously. We still have lives to live.

4. I've learned alot of things this year. More than most other years. So much information is in this brain of mine, I think it might overload and shut down one day.

Oh yeah and ATS/BTS are my favorite forums. Period.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm hoping for no war in this next decade, but you can only dream...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Everyone has an opinion and are entitled to it, no matter how wrong it can be.

People will only fight for their side, even without REALIZING what the opposition is fighting for also.

No matter how much BS goes down in our government, be thankful that we are still pretty free and with the dedication CAN succeed in life (money that is).

The world is small. A plane ride can take you anywhere. ANYWHERE.

My enemies enemy is my best friend, and many more ATS members should remember that in regards to the U.S.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

So 2009 is over, what have we learned?

I learned...
Never date girls you meet on the internet.
Never go to work in a level 1 sub-acute psychiatric crisis housing facility after three days of binge drinking.
Don't go to Vegas and stay at Treasure Island while the 'pirates' are on vacation.
Never flirt with a girl who's hanging out with the guy she's cheating on her husband with.
Beware of palm trees.
Contrary to popular belief, you absolutely can catch a scorpion with chopsticks.
If you go to a brewery restaurant for dinner, it is impossible to remain sober.
Always keep a spare handcuff key on your keyring.
You can get into a lot of clubs for free if you just tell the door guy you're 'with the band'.
If you're at a party, and two girls start jell-o wrestling in a blow-up kiddie pool, stay at least 6 feet back lest stray airborne jell-o chunks stain your brand new shirt.
Dick Grayson is bloody AWFUL as Batman.
Classical literature is usually a lot better when the words '...And Zombies' are added to the title.
Procrastination is...meh...I'll tell you later.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have learned/realized that The Powers That Be are almost singularly obsessed with the maintaining of the Status Quo. That while many pretenders to do the highest seats of true power may hatch nefarious schemes in order to win favor with the Men Behind the Curtain, they will be slapped down in invisible ways so as to maintain the order which empowers and enriches the true ruling elite.

I have learned that the delightful list of chaos and madness that we have been keeping our eye on is one big pantomime the latest circus to go with our loaves.

There was no additional major terrorist attack on US soil because having proved it to be possible, TPTB need only remind a certain sector of the population that it could happen again.

There was no revolution because the revolutionaries will never be given adequate reason to start one.

Martial Law was not implemented because TPTB have no need for it and are opposed to the revolution it would insite.

Aliens did not arrive or intentionally expose themselves to us because it is not quite time for that. Besides the possibility is enough to keep a portion of population interested and distracted.

Matreya did not show up, but TPTB love the fact that people are still waiting.

2009 was a "mild" year for natural disasters. Yay!

World War Three did not start, because it would be bad for business. Small scale regional wars are far more profitable without presenting the threat of widespread unity and cooperation.

North Korea dissappeared from the news because they did not know how to play The Game.

Swine flu seems to have also disappeared because the Real Powers That Be were appalled by the wannabes' hubris and lack of vision.

Iran started down the path of revolution, but was squashed and ended before it really started . . . time will tell on that one.

Israel was not attacked and did not pull the US into any wars. Just more of the same continuation because the Status Quo is the highest priortity of NWO.

The economy did not collapse into a great depression, at least not yet. And so long as the large economies continue to respect each other's imaginary money, we will all be just fine.

We did not experience unbelievable disasters as predicted by webbot and others, but Webbot and other will keep churning them out to entertain the masses.

The worst case scenario will not happen. Nor will the best. The Status Quo will be maintained as we slowly creep in the general direction of progress, hindered though not necessarily harmed by the people who pull the strings.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here's what I learned America is fas becoming a police state www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In the thread title you proclaim that "2009 is over".
Unfortunately, it's still 2009.
Stop jumping the gun.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That 2010 will be FULL of excuses for why the cataclysmic events didn't happen

That once again pretty much every CT turned out to not happen

That we are about to enter another year filled with new dates and fresh doom!

Off we go!

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

In the thread title you proclaim that "2009 is over".

Actually it is over in parts of the world.

I guess one of the things I was getting at was every year seems to go on much like tthe previous one. I recall the hype and predictions that brought 2008 to a close. The election and all of the issues surrounding it, well it really went off without much of a whimper.

Of course we all remember the "craze" brought about by our now infamous net channelers, most notably blossom goodchild and the promise of mass ufo landings including date and all. Seems so long ago now.

Other than a really terrible economy, not much happened this year.

The question is

Have we taken a step closer to our own demise or a step closer to our salvation.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

There was no additional major terrorist attack on US soil.

Did you forget about Ft. Hood, where a Muslim terrorist killed 13 people?

Anyway, I learned this long ago but it 2009 it was proven.........2009 The year Global Warming was proved to be a HOAX!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
when it' over, said and done you all have one choice.....good or evil...happy or sad...free or slaves.....positive or negative....I can or I wont....Yes or no.....

you will be asked to make a decision

the only freedom left is your choice.......

choose wisely.....

your choice will determine not only your future but all future

your decision will also be your spirits entry into your next plane .

no one else can make this decision

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ill take it a step futher

Everyone on this planet, will be given a choice

with free will

to embrace the ones who will try to control. enslave, destroy, and drag you down with them, your children with you...or....

embrace the only true force which can reverse this madness

the power of positive thinking

Our physical bodies are costumes

the spirit within us will carry us to places we can only dream of.

the rein of the ones who do not want us to advance and achieve is a short one.

do not fear and be afraid of death......we positives will live on.

not in the same way but evolving into a spiritual arena where fear and tyranny dont exist

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Iran started down the path of revolution, but was squashed and ended before it really started.

Israel was not attacked and did not pull the US into any wars. Just more of the same continuation.

You know what?...
The US and Israel are guilty of both of those acts.
[Whether or not it's True]
That's of course if you believe some of the GARB posted here by some.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hmmm ...what did i learn?

I don't know if i learned anything significant this year. Maybe reminded of a few relevant things, such as the fact that most people are intellectually shallow, self-absorbed and myopic. In sum people basically suck... which explains the general messed up sucky state of our world.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by The Blind Eye]

join