It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - A lot of Theory but where's the Action (ATS should fund the next Presidential Candidate)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong I love ATS and thank you to the site owners for a grand effort but one thing which is evident is ATS is full of hot air and theory but little action.

For some reason that bothers me. So many issues are identified here but solutions are few and actual resolutions to the problems identified pretty much non-existant.

Maybe I'm missing something? I don't know. Do you feel the same?

ATS has been great for getting at the truth or at least airing various sides of a story but once there is a common conscencus that something is blatantly wrong nothing gets done about it, the thread or issue gets lost and forgotton about.

Why can't we recruit activists or something and have people actually DO SOMETHING to pave the way for a better world. I'd volunteer. Obviously protest is a no no and pointless but there are other ways and ATS has many great contacts.

How about all ATS'ers offer their services for a greater good, that would be a step in the right direction, yes?

To be honest being a soldier spirit and seeing all the ills around me i feel like I should be doing something, being a part of something bigger for the greater good. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds comfort in connecting with some of the wonderful minds here on ATS. Why can't we look at ATS like a massive think tank with the resources to put some fireworks up the backside of tptb.

If there's one thing I've learnt is that most here on ATS agree that things need to change, well how can that happen in the absence of action!?

Please F&S if you agree. Also how would you feel about ATS finding and funding the next presidential candidate? I don't have all the answers but wouldn't that be a start!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So why don't you propose the candidate, let's start.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

I agree with you 100%, However the Presidents Office is a tool, the real power lays in Congress if we can get enough people who are in there we can get real change.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think it's against T&C for ATS to be used as a place for recruiting people. As for ATS taking action, i don't see ATS as a place that would fit the bill in that regard. You are better off finding groups or people in your local area that share some of your political beliefs.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I agree. Let's find out what we can do.

I like this guy.

This guy seems to be on our side as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Good start Dogdish,

I'm going to have to go with your second link.
That one already has a missile defense system.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
There's no sense electing someone into an inherently flawed system.

The entire system needs to be changed.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

ok here goes.

libertarian ticket
Hugh Heffner for president
and
Jesse Ventura for vice president.

7 or so(not sure exact number at the moment)insanely hot first ladies,everyone on the planet would do damn near anything to be invited to the white house and if anyone tries anything funny with the president(jfk type stuff)they'll only get an upset jesse at the helm.

who doesn't like heff?
bad people that's who

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yes, it is against T&C.

Recruiting, activism and endorsements is strictly forbidden.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Solomons

Yes, it is against T&C.

Recruiting, activism and endorsements is strictly forbidden.

Talk about a spanner in the works. That's like winning a car but being told it has no engine or you can't drive it. Action is 9/10ths of progression and it's against T&C.

I'm cashing in my shares of ATS!

What do you mean I don't own any shares in it!

Bottom line ATS is a focal point for amazing minds and yet we cannot use that intelligence. Surely that needs addressing!?

[edit on 1-1-2010 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Like anything was actually going to happen if it wasnt against the T&C's. I mean first off why do you care about whose President... are you american?

And secondly... most of the people here are in their 30's and still live in their parents basement, believing in conspiracies and aliens because the real world is too hard to live in.

But apart from that... good thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Hi Pharaoh,

I think we'd all enjoy a president that came at the job with a little of the ATS mindset.

I'm not sure this is possible though:

Also how would you feel about ATS finding and funding the next presidential candidate? I don't have all the answers but wouldn't that be a start!

Now I can't speak for the Amigos but I think it's safe to say they may be a couple of dollars short when it comes to funding a presidential candidate. See your getting into :REAL" money at that level.

In the 2008 presidential elections the final players on the ticket had spent the following amounts of money:

Obama $730 million
McCain $333 million
Nader $4 million
Barr $1 million
Baldwin $208 thousand
McKinney $145 thousand

So you see what we're up against don't you?

Source:
www.opensecrets.org...

Becker

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Becker44]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
Now I can't speak for the Amigos but I think it's safe to say they may be a couple of dollars short when it comes to funding a presidential candidate. See your getting into :REAL" money at that level.

Thanks for the numbers. IMO the biggest thing our forefathers left out of the constituiton was that leadership campaigns should be publically funded equally amongst all candidates. Big mistake and it's cost us dearly.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
Bottom line ATS is a focal point for amazing minds and yet we cannot use that intelligence. Surely that needs addressing!?

No, the policy is never going to change. There are legitimate reasons for it, which are extremely fair and easy to understand.

ATS is not and never has been about activism.

Bottom line, ATS is a community and a discussion board - debating the alternative news and topics. We are not revolutionaries.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

We aren't? Give me the definition again of a revolutionary.

Okay, revolutionary thought may not make a revolutionary, but sometimes it can.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Visionary is the best word to describe the collective attitude of ATS. Realism and idealism is the norm, we seek to promote beliefs that are currently not realised by the rest of society.

We do not seek to overthrow governments or "smash the system" - that has never been the ATS way.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Okay, I was making a play with words. I am sorry.

I was referring to the revolution being the new or something exemplary.

Sorry for being an arse.

And dang you take things very short of the cusp don't you.

new topics

top topics

join