It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama WH: Flight 253 "A political issue, not a national security issue"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You would expect that the immediate response to the failed bombing of Flight 253 would have been to mobilize intelligence and Homeland Security resources to address failures and assess strengths, right?

Not in this administration!

Instead of facing up to its failure to act against a potential threat from a religious extremist, the Obama administration immediately poured all its resources into trying to divert attention to ... GWB, of course!

On December 26, two days after Nigerian Omar Abdulmutallab allegedly attempted to use underwear packed with plastic explosives to blow up the Amsterdam-to-Detroit flight he was on, and as it became clear internally that the Administration had suffered perhaps its most embarrassing failure in the area of national security, senior Obama White House aides, including chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, David Axelrod and new White House counsel Robert Bauer, ordered staff to begin researching similar breakdowns -- if any -- from the Bush Administration.
"This White House doesn't view the Northwest [Airlines] failure as one of national security, it's a political issue," says the White House source. "That's why Axelrod and Emanuel are driving the issue."
The Politics of Incompetence

It seems that vital resources at DHS, FBI, NSA and CIA took a backseat to political operatives, who are still hard at work defending our citizenry from George Bush.

"The idea was that we'd show that the Bush Administration had had far worse missteps than we ever could," says a staffer in the counsel's office. "We were told that classified material involving anything related to al Qaeda operating in Yemen or Nigeria was fair game and that we'd declassify it if necessary."

The White House, according to the source, is in full defensive spin mode. Other administration sources also say a flurry of memos were generated on December 26th, 27th, and 28th, which developed talking points about how Obama's decision to effectively shut down the Homeland Security Council (it was merged earlier this year into the National Security Council, run by National Security Adviser James Jones) had nothing to do with what Obama called a "catastrophic" failure on Christmas Day.

Just as many suspect, Obama's greatest concern in response to the failed terrorist attack was not for identification and prevention of foreign attacks, but was for the preservation of his administration's power and ability to continue with his domestic agenda.

What was the first "big step" the administration took in the aftermath? Buy a controlling interest in GMAC and Allied Bank.

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 31-12-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I get so sick of this blame game. They look like a bunch of schoolyard idiots. Mama, I didn't do it it, it was Georgy. It's always Georgy. I'm the good son.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I do not believe Barack Obama has the necessary motivation to take ANY substantive actions. He wants the US to have more internal police power. The more threatened and victimized we become, the greater his ability to impose more domestic control.

What better way to impose the ultimate "nanny state" than to assert, "This is for your own good," and back it up with proof of the threats and danger that only Washington can address?

"Swine flu," "global warming." "housing crisis," and "economic collapse," haven't worked so far.

Take it one step farther. Our health, environment, finances and homes weren't enough.

Now, people must die.

Recall that he, Clinton, Emmanuel and others in the administration chant the same mantra:

Rahm Emmanuel: “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.”
Hillary Clinton: “Never waste a good crisis.”
Obama: “Time of crisis can be 'great opportunity'”
Obama Social Agenda Moving Forward by Crisis

Cheney" Obama Wants Massive Expansion of Federal Government

(Saw this coming back in March)

I really believe that Obama has absolutely NO motivation to take any concrete FOREIGN action in these regards. The worse things get, the better for his agenda.

His administration needs help. He needs this.

jw

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Unfreaking believeable. This clowns been in office for a year now, a year. And he's still trying to blame this on President Bush? Why don't he grow a pair or get them back from his wife and admit he screwed up. Instead of wasteing his time rushing/shoving national health care down our throats instead of date nights and partys at the White House maybe he should've been making sure the boob he appointed to Home Land Security knew what she was doing. If there were lapes in information FIX IT!! But to blame an administration that has been out of office for a year now? How much longer before the rest of the country realises this bumbling idiot should be kicked out of office?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Before I went on my rant
I was thinking the same thing barry wants this for all the reasons you stated. If he stages them just right he could possibly hold up elections, ect. I'm waiting for his announcement for his civilian security force to be put into play, when that happens look out.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

The majority of Americans are now realizing the results of Obama's agenda.

Isn't it funny how time has borne this out?

Obama will say ANYTHING that gains him support, regardless of his intentions.

I've said the same thing since he and Hillary were facing-off in 2008.

Read his books if you want to see what he really intends to accomplish.
(Been saying that, too. Is it too late?)

So, here we are nearly 6 months later and what do we see?

Economic "crisis" necessitating unprecedented government intervention.
Swine flu "crisis" necessitating unprecedented government intervention.
Energy "crisis" necessitating unprecedented government intervention.
Banking "crisis" necessitating unprecedented government intervention.
Automobile "crisis" necessitating unprecedented government intervention.
Housing "crisis" necessitating unprecedented government intervention.
Credit "crisis" necessitating unprecedented government intervention.
Health care "crisis" necessitating unprecedented government intervention.
Media "crisis" necessitating unprecedented government intervention.

Wanna know what's next?

"Civil unrest," "inflammatory speech," "right-wing terror," and anything else that threatens an expanding liberal/progressive/Obama constituency.

I won't say "I told you so."

jw

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
"Civil unrest," "inflammatory speech," "right-wing terror," and anything else that threatens an expanding liberal/progressive/Obama constituency.

I won't say "I told you so."

jw

After I read the new thread " OPERATION STILLPOINT TO DESTROY AMERICA" It gave me a chill and I remembered this post of yours. I think you hit real close to the mark, somethings deffinately in the air.

top topics

join