It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of more than 500 animals found at Philadelphia home

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You sum-up well, the elements of traditional witchcraft in a nutshell ...

I have practiced the 'Old Religion' for over 20yrs because of it's respect for the planet and everything in nature that 'we' as individuals share it with.

I think people often get confused with the practice of animal & human sacrifice that was carried out during ritual by ancient Pagans ... before they had a true understanding of what made nature tick ... the times when they felt obliged to sacrifice a goat and/or virgin to apease an angry God, so that they might have a successful hunt or a good crop harvest.

Anyone who would still consider practicing animal/human sacrifice in the name of religion ... in this day and age, has not evolved mentally ... and simply doesn't get it !

They are nothing more than sad, sick, ignorant individuals ... with a blood-lust

Woody

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
I personally think no animal should be killed other than for food or to prevent suffering.

No animal should be killed for sport and/or religion.

if i were to be born bull,
and given the choice between
*a life of a beef in a factory farm eating barbiturics, antibiotics then to be killed in a slaughter house factory
*a life of a wild bull living outside to be killed in an arena for a corrida

well i wouldn't hesitate too long; i'd take the sport and keep my balls. who here would chose the beef life ?

my second point is that you people should be aware of what/how animals are killed in slaughterhouse to satisfy your stomach. i'm sure there are plenty videos on youtube. this is never questionned, why ?

then, about ritual& sacrifice : the animal was sacrificed to be EATEN. beside of those rituals happening on special occasions, for celebration, the people were simply not eating meat. they were killing what they were eating and that is incredibly sane compared to the way meat is processed in this "civilisation" so you can eat some EVERYDAY.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I doubt many times the police even tell about these crimes.

Satanist activities are probably quite common in the land of usa.

Okay, first off, I'm in a wretched mood tonight for a whole host of reasons, so I will try my damndest to not make this person cry due to their own willful ignorance...
I'm noticing that any time there's any kind of news like this, the first thing out of people's mouths is 'Satanic'...well...you're all fools.
Satanism is, wait for it...ANTI-ANIMAL SACRIFICE! Don't believe me? Look it up. I'm tired of you people blaming Satanism for the actions of people doing stuff like this. This is NOT Satanic. And by turning around and blaming Satanism without even knowing the facts about A) this case, and B) Satanism in general, you just show how ignorant one can be. Yes, there are old rituals and other religions that employ sacrifice of animals for whatever reason, but NOT Satanism. Educate yourselves people, lest you sling your insults towards the wrong party and possibly find yourselves at the business end of some sharp comments or worse.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Not only in US throughput the world in almost all religions except Buddhism I think animal sacrifice is practiced.

Incorrect.
Satanism, as defined by the CoS does NOT employ animal sacrifice.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
So, out of curiosity and of course, due to my adversarial nature, I am compelled to ask...with all of you up in arms over this story...are any of you meat eaters?
Because no matter how 'humanely' an animal is killed, if you contribute to the meat industry, you are hypocritical for your disdain of someone sacrificing chickens for a religious purpose. I'm not saying animal sacrifice is acceptable to me, but then again, neither is consumption of animals. Just something to think about. (yes, for those of you keeping score, I am a Satanist AND a strict vegetarian.)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

Easy there tiger ... don't put words into my mouth, I have enough of my own thanks.

Nowhere in any of my posts have I stated that I think factory/battery/or even farming animals is acceptible !

I actually said that 'killing animals for food or to prevent them suffering (if they were sick)' ... was acceptible.

I went on to say that ' I could not physically kill an animal myself ... but if I were given say a chicken/rabbit etc ... then I could and indeed have prepare this for the pot'.

Why would you want to kill more than you could eat ... that in itself is barbaric !

So, to get back to your statement ... I personally would say that if you were a bull you're getting treated wrongly in both cases.

Guess if it were down to me ... and you were a bull ... you'd get to keep your balls either way.

Woody

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Satan forbids any form of Animal abuse, they are his creatures, he commands his followers to respect them. The Dark Lord is not behind it, although the foolish ones will believe that especially when the MSM say it,believe me this man's soul will be tortured for that crime.

This crime was for a so called "religious" ceremony part of Santeria not Satanism.
Be wary of when you say Satanism and don't be so ignorant in thinking if an animal was sacrificed or a child molested that it was the work of Satanists.
There is La Veyan Satanism,Symbolic Satanism, Teen Satanism and Thiestic Satanism, i am Thiestic and he is not evil in any shape or form.

I can tell you the vast majority do not do such unspeakable things.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I actually said that 'killing animals for food or to prevent them suffering (if they were sick)' ... was acceptible.

sure, no worries i used your words to make a point to all, quite similar point than the above poster; too much hypocrisy on these subjects knowiing so many eat plastic meat and lots of it. they think it's good for them then they die of cardio-vascular problems.

no sense...

I went on to say that ' I could not physically kill an animal myself ... but if I were given say a chicken/rabbit etc ... then I could and indeed have prepare this for the pot'.

no worries i'll kill it for you if you guys are real angry (but i won't eat it !)

the bull example is important (unless it is an indian bull). it is our society as a whole that is mistreating animals&life in general; pagan were more educate and respectful of the lives they were taking to feed themselves (HENCE the rituals because yes in most animal sacrifice in other societies it is about eating the animal after - and buddhists do it too)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Sad to to know that there are number of people who still believe in animal sacrifice to make a better life.
The people who responsible for this irresponsible act should be punished

S&F for OP for bringing up this matter.

TQ

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
reply to post by woodwytch

As stated in article:

And yet Rastas can't smoke ganja.

Native Americans can smoke peyote. Rastas UNITE!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by decadence

I don't support animal cruelty. People who practice animal sacrifice need to be reeducated or enlighten, but if they refuse, then they do have that right. But they should sacrifice humanely. Jewish Kosher meat is an example of that. A priest has to examine the cow before it is slain. If you must kill something, just kill it - don't torture it, don't hurt, just kill it clean and quick.
This house is a health hazard. It must really stink. After they sacrificed what did they do - throw the dead carcass in the corner!! EEEEEWWWWW

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Well I agree that people react over deaths of other species more so than their own. We're freaking exterminating our fellow humans, and all we care about is 500 animals.

But one thing is that animal slaughter leads to people slaughter, so it might be right to worry about that, and have no people killed before hand.

But still, people, get more sane, please. I will never give a crap about slaughtering of animals, until you all give a crap about the billions dieing slowly as nations rape the 3rd world. When you care more about those more graver problems, I will care about these lesser problems. My ultimatum to humanity.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I wish the penalties for these types of crimes were more severe. I wish all people had hearts. They don't.

When will we learn?

On television late night...Sara McLoughlin's animal cruelty commercial - I always quickly switch the channel but recently I had spaced out or something and an image appeared that at first I could not make out what I was seeing. Then I saw.... 100's of dogs in a cage, they all looked alike in coloring and so I know they were being bred. They were alive and piled one upon another, legs entangled like rags in a truck. This was taking place in China. I think they were being raised for fur.

There was such a look of utter horror and fear in the eyes of these animals that I have never seen on a living face in all my life. Perhaps I have been lucky but it haunts me during quiet moments of everyday now. It is an image I hope never to see again but one I will never forget.

Please God in heaven...Can we have some help here? We are losing it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Well I agree that people react over deaths of other species more so than their own. We're freaking exterminating our fellow humans, and all we care about is 500 animals.

But one thing is that animal slaughter leads to people slaughter, so it might be right to worry about that, and have no people killed before hand.

But still, people, get more sane, please. I will never give a crap about slaughtering of animals, until you all give a crap about the billions dieing slowly as nations rape the 3rd world. When you care more about those more graver problems, I will care about these lesser problems. My ultimatum to humanity.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Gorman91]

Your attitude could not be more wrong. Begin by respecting the lower, more helpless life forms and the rest will follow naturally.
Violence breeds violence. The degree of civility in any society can be shown by how they treat their animals. We need to live in a humane society. We need to create a more humane planet.
Stop making excuse for why we do not.

"I am not going to do this until you do that"...????
What a useless circular argument. What a waste of dialogue.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

well , I didnt say anything about paganism..all these isms. blah. anyway, isnt a pagan just something that isnt christian? Its always been my understanding that satanism is... well honestly? enjoying yourself. endulging, and living. Sin is pretty much an obsolete factor.. always has been (in my eyes) Do unto others what they have done to you. that sort of thing. You want to hang out? cool thats fine. but you attack me, I will defend myself and attack you back. not turn the other cheek.

I was told the definition of pagan was country folk,

Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin paganus, from Latin, civilian, country dweller,

That definition of satanism is what my son would call correct.

But then I guess he found, he had a conscience.

As far are sin goes, I guess it is what sin you are talking about, I am sure you would find murder unacceptable,

[edit on 023131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

This is uncalled for. You have no idea what you are talking about and it is obvious you have no feelings beyond hunger, thirst, sex and elimination.

To accuse someone of falsely caring for animals in light of this horrific story is unconscionable. To correlate it with cruelty to humans, and termination of a pregnancy is ridiculous and totally unrelated.
To be humane or to act humanely involves special efforts to eliminate needless, and sometimes the gratuitous and deliberate, causes of lingering suffering, agony and pain.
The degree of "sensitivity" "empathy" and understanding about the intricacies of life can be best shown by how a race of people (men) treat their animals and their women and children.
You want to hear of horrific things done to humans? I know of a news story about an Alaskan man (why always men?), wealthy enough to own his own plane who kidnaps women from the lower 48. Leaves them in the woods naked, hands bound and blindfolded and then he hunts them down with a shotgun for sport. They have found the bodies but not the man. Or watch SAW. These are the types of cruelty you should be worried about. But I am afraid people like you feed off this stuff, keep bringing up a circular (chicken and egg) argument and so it will never go away. I personally would like for you to see real crocodile tears...(or your maker) up close and personal....but then I have a mean streak myself.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
I am compelled to ask...with all of you up in arms over this story...are any of you meat eaters?
Because no matter how 'humanely' an animal is killed, if you contribute to the meat industry, you are hypocritical for your disdain of someone sacrificing chickens for a religious purpose.

I have not eaten any meat (including fish) for 10 yrs (New Year's resolution for 2000). I agree that if someone eats meat, they are supporting cruelty & death. All that pain & suffering that is unleashed affects the planet & everyone on it in the form of negative energy. The world will not improve until people make more life-affirming, loving, humane choices.

Animals are not killed humanely in factory farms. That is just a lie that they tell people so that people will continue to eat meat. As I mentioned before, birds have 0 legal protection under the Humane Slaughter Act. Courts have said it's acceptable to put live chickens through wood chippers if it's a "standard farming practice." Also, many chickens are scalded alive if the throat-slitter misses them. There are plenty of other horrors. Watch the documentary "Peaceable Kingdom" if you want to get a glimpse of how bad things really are. That movie turned both of my parents vegetarian. I've heard "Earthlings" is even harder to watch.

I have to agree it's preferable (if misguided) to sacrifice an animal relatively humanely to God than to have it brutally killed in a factory farm.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

You sum-up well, the elements of traditional witchcraft in a nutshell ...

I have practiced the 'Old Religion' for over 20yrs because of it's respect for the planet and everything in nature that 'we' as individuals share it with.

I think people often get confused with the practice of animal & human sacrifice that was carried out during ritual by ancient Pagans ... before they had a true understanding of what made nature tick ... the times when they felt obliged to sacrifice a goat and/or virgin to apease an angry God, so that they might have a successful hunt or a good crop harvest.

Anyone who would still consider practicing animal/human sacrifice in the name of religion ... in this day and age, has not evolved mentally ... and simply doesn't get it !

They are nothing more than sad, sick, ignorant individuals ... with a blood-lust

Woody

I do not agree completely.
There are folks in remote places that still practice some of these rituals and should be given some education if possible.
I do not think they should be condemned until they have a chance to develop there line to modern standards.
To much unrest in the world occurs because some folks think they have it right and others are wrong or lower.
Some where back in your ancestry there were folks of your linage practicing sacrifice. Although, I am not condoning the practice in modern societies. Especially in any blood lust ritual.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Nope, sorry. That never worked. I'll show you the perfect example. The time was the middle ages. Rome was burning. Savages from across the world were now dancing on the graves of civilization. The Byzantium cut themselves off, and the world went into an era of stagnation. Witch burnings, purges, genocide, and all that great stuff that makes an apocalypse fun. It took 1000 years for the world to get back to order. And you know why? Not because the peasants revolted, Not because a great religious leader said it was wrong, not because kindness and love started at the "lower levels". No. Things got better because kings and nobles, at the highest of society, decided to stop bickering and to start thinking logically. Rich scientists created logic and common sense. Rich generals over through archaic kings, and rich educated kings gave more rights to the lower people.

The road to building modern society only happened because rich and wealthy educated people at the top organized the poor, hungry, and uneducated serfs. Without the congress, the people o America would never had revolted. Without the nobel's paycheck, great writers would never have introduced logic and common sense in Europe.

I'm sorry to tell you, but starting love at the bottom does nothing but make complacent people who care for themselves and watch the world burn, not caring about others. It happened before and it will happen again. Start from the bottom, and the top just eats you up. Start from the top and they care for the bottom.

Elitists? Yes. But there's two kinds of elitists. Those genuinely interested in helping humanity, feeling their better place in society demands they do something, and those who feel themselves imperial and above the lower people, and thus try to get more power. When you start from the bottom, the later eat up and take over as much control as they can. When you start from the top, you get modern civilized society.

Sorry to say, but history speaks truth. The only exception is India. And that was great. But realistically it can't happen. Gandhi was lucky.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

We are smarter now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join