It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Enquiry into 9,11 would it work ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Dear
Original Story and Truther’s I have long held the belief that the only way to get to the truth of what happened on 11th September 2001 is to hold an International Independent Enquiry !

I believe just as in high profile court cases where there may have been so much biased coverage in the media as to not allow a fair trial, this is the fairest way possible to try and find out the real TRUTH !

This independent panel would be composed of various eminent experts in every field involved, from various countries around the world EXCLUDING the USA !
Thereby emotions will not effect the thinking and/or reasoning in unravelling the
facts !

I post this to gauge the views of the members here because it is such an emotive and controversial subject, possibly ever in history ! No other event has sparked such debate and argument nor split the American people, since the J.F. Kennedy Assassination, there are so many unanswered questions on both sides, too many anomalies, do we want closure once and for all ? , and would the final verdict of the enquiry be accepted once and for all as THE definitive explanation for what happened on that terrible day ?

NB. I would like this thread to be treated responsibly it was not created for the purposes of name calling, back-biting or insulting ! All views are very welcome lets be civilized !

My utmost respects to all !

[edit on 073131p://12America/Chicago31 by ProRipp]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Unfortunately there will never be a definitive on exactly what happened that day,as evidence will be buried and key personell would "disappear". The U.S Governement will never be blamed for this incident - Never.

Even if the inquiry found out that the Government had no part in this tradgedy the Truth Movement will start to scream whitewash and we start all over again.

Still firmly sat on the fence on this one. Did they didn't they????????

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
Dear
Original Story and Truther’s I have long held the belief that the only way to get to the truth of what happened on 11th September 2001 is to hold an International Independent Enquiry !

I believe just as in high profile court cases where there may have been so much biased coverage in the media as to not allow a fair trial, this is the fairest way possible to try and find out the real TRUTH !

This independent panel would be composed of various eminent experts in every field involved, from various countries around the world EXCLUDING the USA !
Thereby emotions will not effect the thinking and/or reasoning in unravelling the
facts !

I post this to gauge the views of the members here because it is such an emotive and controversial subject, possibly ever in history ! No other event has sparked such debate and argument nor split the American people, since the J.F. Kennedy Assassination, there are so many unanswered questions on both sides, too many anomalies, do we want closure once and for all ? , and would the final verdict of the enquiry be accepted once and for all as THE definitive explanation for what happened on that terrible day ?

NB. I would like this thread to be treated responsibly it was not created for the purposes of name calling, back-biting or insulting ! All views are very welcome lets be civilized !

My utmost respects to all !

[edit on 073131p://12America/Chicago31 by ProRipp]

Well, the reason there has not been a "panel" and never will be is quite simple - there is no controversy. There are no real anamolies or real unanswered questions. The world does have closure, and has moved on. There is no great rift on this issue. There is some disagreement about how to move forward and address the issue of terrorism and the achieving and maintaining the proper balance between security and liberty. But there is no desire to go chasing after imaginery boogeymen who disappear planes and plant explosives in buildings, etc.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

'there is no controversy'

Please hooper my friend you can't believe what you just wrote can you ? No contraversy ? There are thousands of people who would disagree with you and i'm sorry but i am one of them ! There is HUGE controversy surrounding these events ! Many many more question's than have been answered ! Why are you so closed minded and certain that the official account is DEFINITIVE ? It throws up many many anomalies !

I respect your informed and intelligent views but on this you have shown such huge naivety I am lost for words !

[edit on 083131p://12America/Chicago31 by ProRipp]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Not in the rational world. In a conspirators world, there is always a controversy in any major event.

There are thousands of people who would disagree with you and i'm sorry but i am one of them !

There are billions that do not! A handful of CT'ers do not make a controversy.

There is HUGE controversy surrounding these events !

Outside the internet, there is very MINIMAL controversy. Sure, from time to time you get a handful of truthers that may march and shout from the sidewalks. Look at last years 9/11 anniversary. How many people showed up supporting the truth movement?

Many many more question's than have been answered !

The important questions have all been answered. All you have to do is pay attention!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by hooper

Please hooper my friend you can't believe what you just wrote can you ? No contraversy ? There are thousands of people who would disagree with you and i'm sorry but i am one of them ! There is HUGE controversy surrounding these events ! Many many more question's than have been answered ! Why are you so closed minded and certain that the official account is DEFINITIVE ? It throws up many many anomalies !

I respect your informed and intelligent views but on this you have shown such huge naivety I am lost for words !

[edit on 083131p://12America/Chicago31 by ProRipp]

No, sorry, this stuff just really isn't on anyones radar. Even if you could find, worldwide, 10,000 people who think that way, it still comes down to the fact that there is no controversy. Anyone can make up questions, and throw around words like anamolies (that, in of itself is one of the silliest reasons - the whole day was an "anamoly") but in the end, nothing has ever stuck. And you are more than welcome to call them "sheeple" or "shills" or what have you, but the vast majority of people are pretty sharp and if any of these conspiracy fantasies had any merit someone in the mainstream media, or in the government would have opened up.

In the end, the only thing that may be examined is phenomena of conspiracy cults.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

My friend i have NEVER called anyone anything in regards to these events, i don't know why you should even bring that up ? Believe me hooper as regards to inquiries I myself can be highly suspicious too as you alluded to earlier ! The British gov't aren't beyond 'botching' and whitewashing things when they need to case in point the Diana Inquiry but I would think you would be 'outvoted' on this one as regards to a definitive and final FACTUAL account and outcome ! We must agree to disagree on this point i suppose but i thank you for the civil way you have debated this with me ! It proves that well mannered and civil discussions can take place on the subject !

Respects

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAPepper
Not in the rational world. In a conspirators world, there is always a controversy in any major event.

Why do people who still beleive the official story live in a fantasy world and do not accept the reallty of thier being so many unanswered questions about 9/11?

The important questions have all been answered. All you have to do is pay attention!

Thats where you and others are very wrong. You want to believe the important questions have been answered but i have yet to see it and i have doe more research then most people on here combined.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

A new independent investigation should be drawn up much as how the OP states.

I can hear what people who are against this action are saying, but surely they understand that if the investigation proved the OS, then conspiracy theories would be hogwash and anyone who proposes them could be rightly ignored.

But like SOOOO many people I would like more investigation, because every one of the people I talk to in my daily life think it was some sort of inside job. And the best part, this could be done free, because people are generally helpful and polite.

Power and Equality

PS Maybe we need a 'meta-jury' of say 144 people (12 times 12 peopel) to look at the evidence and draw a conclusion

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

reply to post by hooper

My friend i have NEVER called anyone anything in regards to these events, i don't know why you should even bring that up ? Believe me hooper as regards to inquiries I myself can be highly suspicious too as you alluded to earlier ! The British gov't aren't beyond 'botching' and whitewashing things when they need to case in point the Diana Inquiry but I would think you would be 'outvoted' on this one as regards to a definitive and final FACTUAL account and outcome ! We must agree to disagree on this point i suppose but i thank you for the civil way you have debated this with me ! It proves that well mannered and civil discussions can take place on the subject !

Respects

OK, lets just play with the idea of an investigative international panel. Will this panel have supeona and arrest authority? Could they compell persons to talk? What laws would govern? Since most of the conspiracist seem to point fingers at the US government, could this international body order the extradiction of US citizens to the panel location for interview? Could they compel the US government to release information, without regard to national security? Who chooses the membership and why should US citizens be barred from participation? Are all US citizens now suspect?

If the panel is to be convened without any investigatory authority then the next question is why isn't there one right now? If there is this huge groundswell of international suspicion then it should be no problem at all to hold a convention and have hearings where all the true believers can come and air their opinions and go on record.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think that simply demanding an investigation is to put the cart before the horse. You need credible evidence that will stand scrutiny and then investigation will follow.

If truthers are right there are a multitude of things capable of being proved. For example, if the WTC buildings were wired for controlled demolition then experts must have been engaged, explosives must have been bought and transported, and others actually installed them. If UA 93 and AA 77 were not crashed by hi-jackers they must have gone somewhere else and the passengers presumably murdered. A lot of people must know about this and the remains of those aircraft must be hidden somewhere.

So, if the real UA 93 was found on the sea bottom somewhere for example, you would not need some political decision about an investigation; the law enforcement agencies would have to investigate and the msm would go mad.

Fact is, after more than 8 years, truthers have not come up with anything that bears careful examination and there isn't even anything like a coherent truther alternative scenario.

Come up with some real evidence which will smack everyone between the eyes and the investigation will surely follow.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There are thousands of people who would disagree with you and i'm sorry but i am one of them !

There are also thousands of people who believe Elvis is still alive. Should we not dig him up to prove to them this isn't the case? Sure it's a tiny minority, and you may not believe he's alive either, but they have the right to know since there are reports of people seeing him in buying camping gear in Wal-Mart and such.

Thousands of people CAN be wrong. And in this case they ARE wrong.

Even if there was to be a new "investigation", excluding the US from participating is one of the silliest things I've seen here, and I've seen alot of silly things.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

I was waiting for this one ! All these circumstances could be agreed on one way or another ! It would depend on what type of enquiry would be undertaken ! Criminal ir just general etc etc ! Bridges would be crossed when and if they were needed to be ! This is just a discussion into whether or not an Independant enquiry would be beneficial the questions you put forward are too presumptious at this point ! Thanks anyway !

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

The world has placed it's head in a dark place of complacency in the hope that this issue will go away. Just like those involved in the planning & execution of 911 did, the facts and evidence have been hidden or destroyed in order to raise their ugly heads again sometime in the future.

To say anyone has closure or has moved on demonstrates an aire of contempt only equaled by those who carried out 911.

As for a new inquiry, it might develop new leads only if the investigation personnel were and are not guided or manipulated by politicos or special interests. Will it resolve the issue entirely? No, its just too late for that.

Unless Cheney, Bush, Rice, Rumsfeld, Pelosi and the other cast of elites were tied up and injected with sodium thiopental and questioned as they should have been years ago. (pun intended)

[edit on 31-12-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
reply to post by hooper

The world has placed it's head in a dark place of complacency in the hope that this issue will go away. Just like those involved in the planning & execution of 911 did, the facts and evidence have been hidden or destroyed in order to raise their ugly heads again sometime in the future.

To say anyone has closure or has moved on demonstrates an aire of contempt only equaled by those who carried out 911.

As for a new inquiry, it might develop new leads only if the investigation personnel were and are not guided or manipulated by politicos or special interests. Will it resolve the issue entirely? No, its just too late for that.

Unless Cheney, Bush, Rice, Rumsfeld, Pelosi and the other cast of elites were tied up and injected with sodium thiopental and questioned as they should have been years ago.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by mikelee]

Actually, no one has "moved on" that embraces the conspiracy fantasies. The world has put most of 9/11 into its appropriate context. There are open issues, to be sure, however none of them have to do with disappearing planes and controlled demolition. There was never really anyone there to begin with.

The fact that you are calling for the Speaker of the House to be tied up and drugged kind of proves that point. You may think that everyone else's head is in the sand - but where is yours?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
The world has placed it's head in a dark place of complacency in the hope that this issue will go away.

It has gone away, no one cares except a fanatical few that are not interested in the facts, just some USA/Bush bashing.

the facts and evidence have been hidden or destroyed in order to raise their ugly heads again sometime in the future.

they have not been hidden or destroyed, just a few people refuse to accept the facts

most have accepted the reality of what happened, except the few who think it involved nuclear bombs, invisible explosives, space based energy weapons, remote control planes, space aliens, holographic planes or any other conspiracy theory no matter how silly you can think of!

Unless Cheney, Bush, Rice, Rumsfeld, Pelosi and the other cast of elites were tied up and injected with sodium thiopental and questioned as they should have been years ago.

you obviously think that they have no rights!

Some people refuse to believe sh t happens, but in the real world even a "Princess" not wearing a seatbelt in a speeding car driven by a drunk driver can be killed - and some people even refuse to accept that and have made up all sorts of silly conspiracy theories about it just like some people have done about 9/11

[edit on 31/12/09 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We may find in this thread which way people on ATS feel about a new inquiry in favour or not in favour ! All views on the matter are welcome as long as we are civil and respect each others views ! It seems 50 50 at the moment but we need others to post to get a good idea one way or the other ! Thanx to all who have posted upto now and Happy New Year to all ! All the best for 2010 to OS and Truthers alike.

Respects

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You may think that everyone else's head is in the sand - but where is yours?

Shaking back & forth at your obvious failure to be able to see past your own naive' belief in the OS.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I see the regular OS believers are in here just to insult the messenger and spit in the face of the truth.

I believe ProRipp has a wonderful idea the only way to get to the truth from a past corrupt administration that sold lies to the American people. So, they can push their multi billion dollar drug trade (Opium) from Afghanistan and re-traffic the drugs into the United States and other countries, and rape foreign countries for their rich oil. We the People should be allowed to have outside sources with no political ties to any members of our government past or present, to have subpoena ability to the Bush administration records and if the records prove the Bush administration and Dick Cheney helped pull off the biggest false flag operation, as I am convinced it will. Then these criminals should be force to testify to a congressional televised trial for the world to watch.

Perhaps, the next time when a corrupt evil, greedy, criminal, political cartel tries to murder our American citizens and blow up our buildings and blames a foreign country all the while profiting from their treasonable crimes, then maybe they will think twice before committing such an evil act again, thinking they can get away with it. We the People need to set an example to what we will not tolerate in our government.

These people should be put to death for what they did, and the American people should be allowed to televised this event all over the world and a national holiday should be declare for the victims so, the American people will never forget what the Bush administration did.

ProRipp your idea is great.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join