It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strathclyde Police Spreading the Christmas Cheer.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Looks like a drug raid at first glance XD.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by windowlicker80

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by andy1033

Our local police are in league with a gang member who informs them - I found this out accidentally.

And you are also right that more thugs are joining the police.

Lol there called grasses and are usually doing it for skag, the police use vulnerable members of the criminal fraternity to expose the generals it's common practice and used worldwide.

Oh yea I forgot about that

It is of course possible that since I live here I have become acclamatised to the level of violence here. I might not be the right person to ask.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Just wondering, after reading about all this blood and violence by Scots, you are a proud Scot? Seriously, what are you proud about, currently, being a Scot . Yeah, being a dumb American, I only know a tid bit of your countrys history. Proud for sure as your ancestors tried to throw off the yokes of tyranny.

But this Scot on Scot senseless violence, well, what is to be proud about it all?

Honestly, I am asking this, not trying to flame or stir up a pot of crap, just wondering. Sometimes enquiring minds just want to KNOW? Educate me, my friend.
And, please, don't stick a blade in my eye for asking.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I find it hard to form an opinion about this incident, there is far too little information.

For what it's worth any video presented as evidence that has the captions "The Pig on the left" immediately loses credibility with me.

If a video was produced by the police with a caption like "The 'n-word' on the left" the world would be up in arms.

Police are human beings and an individual officer could be your father uncle cousin, to have the term "Pig" used for these people immediately presents the mindset of the individual and destroys credibility

If people have this sort of attitude to the police in general, then maybe they should pack their bags and ship out to somewhere more suitable for them, I hear Somalia is pretty good this time of year.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Let’s put this incident in perspective.

The kid was pepper sprayed; surely this would make him incapacitated? Right! So why would the copper need to beat him?

Also, if this is what the police can and WILL do after a disturbance, how far do you think they will go if there is a riot over the lack of food, lack of money, lack of energy?

Gareth

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gareth01422

Also, if this is what the police can and WILL do after a disturbance, how far do you think they will go if there is a riot over the lack of food, lack of money, lack of energy?

Asda the same as everybody else ?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by gareth01422

Asda the same as everybody else ?

May be a short term solution, but what about long term?

I suggest you have a read of this thread (below)

THREAD

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

It seems some people have a different experience here.

Personally I don't see violence anymore than I see it happening anywhere else.

In that respect I don't think Scotland is any different or more violent to other places.

Our police do not carry guns and I've never witnessed a policeman being unreasonable to anybody.

The policman in the video should be brought to book for what he is doing. There might be an explanation who knows.

There are areas I would not venture into at certain times ... but is that not the case everywhere.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Just wondering, after reading about all this blood and violence by Scots, you are a proud Scot? Seriously, what are you proud about, currently, being a Scot . Yeah, being a dumb American, I only know a tid bit of your countrys history. Proud for sure as your ancestors tried to throw off the yokes of tyranny.

I should have probably explained in my earlier post why I am a proud Scot and will explain so now. I am a proud scot because of my heritage and I am descended from one of the most famous of the Scottish clans “'S rioghal mo dhream” (Royal is my blood).

During the Scottish wars of independence my clan was referred to as the “children of the mist” for the tactics of hitting the enemy and then running. This tactic upset the English so much that at one point it was legal to kill a clan member and receive a bounty for doing so and for a time it seemed we would become extinct as a clan.

I am proud that even when our own people turned against us and we faced enemies at every turn my ancestors managed to survive by taking to the hills.

I am proud of my heritage and not for the violence that goes with my heritage. I come from a military family with strong traditions and many family members have died fighting for Britain. I am proud of our warrior traditions not because of violence but because we chose to serve our country.

But this Scot on Scot senseless violence, well, what is to be proud about it all?

There is nothing at all to be proud of in that regard. I find it disgusting but in my younger days I was not as enlightened as I am today and I lived a violent life where I thought violence was normal because it was something that surrounded me outside and in my home.

I knew nothing else so I swam with it rather than sink under its weight and that is why I am able to talk about the realities of Scotland not because I am proud of it but because I am knowledge of it.

If I have come across as bragging and proud of it then there has been a misunderstanding because I am utterly disgusted by it and I wish it could be different.

I am not the man I was and I have much regret but the past is the past and I have reconciled my demons.

Honestly, I am asking this, not trying to flame or stir up a pot of crap, just wondering. Sometimes enquiring minds just want to KNOW? Educate me, my friend.

I have no problem with answering your questions and I am glad I have had the opertunity to clarify my position rather than be assumed to be a scum bag when in fact I am not.

And, please, don't stick a blade in my eye for asking.

You are mistaking me for bottom feeding social scum my friend; I do not carry blades and I am not a violent man, I have just had the misfortune to have lived in and grew up in violent social circumstances.

Happy new year

*edit* for spelling

[edit on 1-1-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

I'm sorry to hear of the bad experiences you have been involved with.

It is all flavour to the broth I suppose, I would not be the better man I am had I not experienced the depravities of the human condition.

It's been quite a while since I ventured into the city at night, so i cant comment on what its like, but I believe what your telling us.

It has been many years since I was last out on the town also and it is not something I do these days when I can take to the hills with my dog and daughters and watch the stars, sit by a river or loch and experience something much deeper than getting “rat arsed” and probably getting in some sort of danger.

Thank you for believing my words, it would be foolish to come here and start lying when the history of ATS is littered with the bones of the liar.

But what I would like to know is whether this sort of thing happens in other cities around the world or whether it is confined to Glasgow and Edinburgh.

I would think that it is highly likely that this happens all over the world and not just in Scotland because humans being human tend to overreact when drunk or drugged... In my opinion!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

SmokeJaguar67,You sound like an ideal candidate for a community police officer. Ever thought of a career change ? All that confrontational experience you gained with night club security would put you yards ahead against other candidates...
IMO

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone

SmokeJaguar67,You sound like an ideal candidate for a community police officer. Ever thought of a career change ? All that confrontational experience you gained with night club security would put you yards ahead against other candidates...
IMO

It would not work because I have post traumatic stress disorder and this is complicated with an obsessive compulsive disorder that manifests in strange ways that is too embarrassing to go into here.

I spent time in Iserlohn BMH (British military hospital) before being “casevaced” back to London Woolwich BMH where I spent nearly two years as an inpatient and I still have some physiological and physical ailments I have yet to beat.

Another reason it would not work is that I no longer trust my government or the local authority in general terms. I expect them to work against the people and to serve only their own interests and I assume corruption is endemic even at a local level.

These days I prefer to live quietly and working quietly with my head below the parapet and researching, hill trekking, meditating and looking for a real reason for me and everything. I am a dedicated loner who thoroughly enjoys the company of self. My circle of friends is very small but very loyal and I do not trust easily therefore the friends I do make are friends in the real sense of the word.

Generally I expect people to act negatively before they will act positively because that has been my experience. My days of working among crowds and resolving problems are well and truly over.

Thank you for your vote of confidence however but I think that authority has enough damaged people working for them in my opinion.

To the OP I apologise for going off topic, It just seemed to happen

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Good luck with your soul searching my friend
I too would like to live the type of lifestyle you are trying to ascend to. I know its not easy at times but your a natural survivor and you Will succeed "Bro"...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well, let the overseers, I mean officers go to hell and let there soul hit the ground while were above the sound.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join