It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do onto the other, as you have

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yeah, brilliance in relating the subject to the thread!

I'm curious if anyone else has a quirk similar to this, and if anyone has an explanation for it, which would be neat!

Say you have an itch on your left elbow, you scratch it, then immediately you have an unnatural urge to scratch your right elbow, and so on and so forth, just that thing in you, possibly an OCD that has to equalize everything.

Anybody else out there get this?

I guess, just kind of like the left side of your body must accord to what the right side is doing.

Probably an OCD, but it just seems incredibly odd. Anyone know anything about this?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Not abnormal.

The body has a mirrored nerve system. One side has effects on the other some times.

I was stabbed on the left forearm a few years ago and it did some damage to the nerves. I get a deep itch and pain there at times that won't go away. Sometimes that itch is mirrored on my right forearm in the same place.

The feet are a good spot to test this because there are so many nerve endings there. If you scratch or massage the sole of one foot the other will sometimes tingle in response. Use an object and not your hand as this will prevent biofeedback (the same principle that keeps you from being able to tickle yourself) from masking the sensation.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Not abnormal.

The body has a mirrored nerve system. One side has effects on the other some times.

I was stabbed on the left forearm a few years ago and it did some damage to the nerves. I get a deep itch and pain there at times that won't go away. Sometimes that itch is mirrored on my right forearm in the same place.

The feet are a good spot to test this because there are so many nerve endings there. If you scratch or massage the sole of one foot the other will sometimes tingle in response. Use an object and not your hand as this will prevent biofeedback (the same principle that keeps you from being able to tickle yourself) from masking the sensation.

Great response, I'll try googling Mirror Nerve System/Response, any links you could post?

join