It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Approves 30 Billion Military Aid to Israel over the Next Decade

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
The thing is...Israel is hardly a country that needs foreign aid in the first place, they are not exactly swimming in cash but they don't need hand outs every year from foreign countries to survive.

Oh but they do, after all they're surround by 'Enemies' that could do them harm... even though supposedly Israel did and can easily beat the crud out of em all the last time they tried to take Israel down.

Or thats what the pro Israel crowd tends to argue... they need the money since their endangered on all sides, but those bad guys they need the money for are supposedly nothing but military ignoramuses when compared to the might of the underweight fighter that is Israel.

And people still 'dont' seem to see there's something really sick and twisted going on.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think it's very important for everyone to understand something very basic and undeniable; Obama had no choice in this matter. By giving the Israel Lobby Machine and the Military Industrial Complex what they wanted for the next 10 years, he has guaranteed his re-election and also made his job a hell of a lot easier to do, with regard to all other issues/projects that are on his table.

Politicians/presidents are pawns/knights in a much larger chess game.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

Why do people always make excuses for Obama and say "he had no choice".
He ALWAYS has a choice. Is re-election more important than righteousness?

Do people have no principles anymore? Is another term in office more important than changing our country, and the world for the better? That excuse is crap anyway, because even Democrats now know that he has NO chance for reelection. None. He's lost a big amount of support from the middle, and gained a WHOLE TON of upheaval from the right. Even many leftists (myself included) don't support him anymore.

He DID have a choice. He chose to pander to his puppet masters and lobbyists over the American people. Bottom line.

That's his choice. Don't make excuses.

Yeah, I voted for the guy too. But he has proven to be a liar. He has proven to be a con-man that's even worse than Bush, cause he's in sheep's clothing. Quit making excuses.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

Do people have no principles anymore? Is another term in office more important than changing our country, and the world for the better?

You fail to understand, in order to change this country and world for the better, he needs more time. He needs at least an extra term to reverse some of the damage from the bush era.

He DID have a choice. He chose to pander to his puppet masters and lobbyists over the American people. Bottom line.

It's about time you learn, this is not a democracy we live in, it's a plutocracy. In order for him to be able to serve our interests he first has to serve those who own this country.

You may not like what i have to say, but it's the truth. The sooner you get your idealistic unrealistic expectations in line with reality, the sooner you'll direct your anger towards the entities that deserve it most.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
maybe they do .... who cares they did say this though

Articles 8, 9, & 12 of the 1965 Fatah Constitution, stated the following:
"Article (8) The Israeli existence in Palestine is a Zionist invasion with a colonial expansive base, and it is a natural ally to colonialism and international imperialism.

Article (9) Liberating Palestine and protecting its holy places is an Arab, religious and human obligation...

Article (12) Complete liberation of Palestine, and eradication of Zionist economic, political, military and cultural existence."

israelipalestinian.procon.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

True
who cares what palastine recognizes
Israel belongs to Isarel
and pali needs back off, to quit trying to tresspass and steal what isn't theirs .

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
and pali needs back off, to quit trying to tresspass and steal what isn't theirs .

Your joking with that statement I take it.

You have to be.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just a continuation of policy... US Aid to Israel pdf

*From document Page 3*

In August 2007, the Bush Administration announced that it would increase U.S. assistance to Israel by $6 billion over the next military decade. The agreement calls incremental for $150 million annual increases in FMF to Israel, starting at $2.55 billion FY2009 reaching $3.15 billion by 2013 through 2018.Under the terms of the agreement, Israel will still be able to spend 26% of U.S. assistance on Israeli-manufactured equipment. According to former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Nicholas Burns, who signed the Memorandum of Understanding on U.S.Military Assistance:

A 10-Year Military Aid Agreement
The Second 10-Year Plan: Proposed U.S.
Military Aid to Israel FY2009-FY2018
FY2009 $2.55 billion
FY2010 $2.70 billion
FY2011 $2.85 billion
FY2012 $3.00 billion
FY2013-FY2018 $3.15 billion a year
Source: U.S. State Department

We consider this 30 billion dollars in assistance to Israel to be an investment in peace - in long-term peace. Peace will not be made without strength. Peace will not be made without Israel being strong in the future. Of course, our objective as a country and our specific objective as a government is to contribute to that peace, a peace between Israel and the Palestinian people, the creation of an independent Palestinian state willing to live side by side in peace with Israel, and a general peace in the region that has eluded the Israeli people for 59 years but which is, we hope, the destiny of the Israeli people as well as the Arab peoples of the region. Our policy in this entire region is dedicated to that final objective.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

We consider this 30 billion dollars in assistance to Israel to be an investment in peace - in long-term peace. Peace will not be made without strength. Peace will not be made without Israel being strong in the future. Of course, our objective as a country and our specific objective as a government is to contribute to that peace, a peace between Israel and the Palestinian people, the creation of an independent Palestinian state willing to live side by side in peace with Israel, and a general peace in the region that has eluded the Israeli people for 59 years but which is, we hope, the destiny of the Israeli people as well as the Arab peoples of the region. Our policy in this entire region is dedicated to that final objective

Thats golden.

Here's 30 billion in Military Hardware

now be peaceful.

Peace through War ?

I read that before ....

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Read the whole document, if you have the time.
Interesting information.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Miss , i opened it up , and there is a lot to read .

it sounds like you did read it, could you point me in the direction, page,

where you found something of interest ?

I will read those parts.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Lol. No, sorry - I only got to page 3 and now life outside ATS is calling.
Ah well, it's there if anyone wants it. That was mostly the point, anyway.
Cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I'm as serious as can be
This land has belonged to Israel for longer than pali has been around

Hal Lindsey Report 11/27/2009

www.hallindsey.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join