It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Capt. Proton , Someone is trying to sell you a magic box , be carefull.... I sell light bulbs , send your money to me (kiddn') . If you want to read about a real "poor man's linear accelerator tho' look up the" Radioactive Boyscout" link thru ATS boolean search .
Originally posted by spacedoubt
It sounds like one of the Laws of Thermodynamics is being broken somehow?
I'm having trouble with this one..
Links? other info?
Capt. Proton , Well a bit more info from you has me intrigued to the point of sarcasmless (a word?) response . I know about Light Emmiting Diodes , and since you are in the SC industry you know about "band gap" so a couple serious questions for you ....
Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
Well oddtodd, I work in the semiconductor industry. The stupid cheapy panels you can buy online at getting off the grid type websites surely won't work. The thinfilm substrates on them are too inefficient. The small ones are of a higher quality, and those can be made even better if they invested in thin-film reactors like those used at the plant I work at.
Keep selling your light bulbs. LED's are not the same, and oh, they will eventually replace most regular bulbs.
And XL5, I only need 2 cells providing 50% for 100% total to feed my LED.
Sure its hard to do with off the shelf parts not exactly made to do this particular job, but its doable.
Or I can use an electroluminescent panel instead of the LED. Trust me, technology is a little further ahead than that 70's earth lovin' junk sold on a lot of websites. It's there, you have to find it and put it together.
I guess a microchip with thousands and thousands of tiny pivoting mirrors smaller than the end of a human hair to display images on a screen can't work either? Would you like a link on where to buy that impossible device?
It's like a magic box too...
The advantages of solar energy are almost endless.
* The power source of the sun is absolutely free.
* The production of solar energy produces no pollution.
* The technological advancements in solar energy systems have made them extremely cost effective.
* Most systems do not require any maintenance during their lifespan, which means you never have to put money into them.
* Most systems have a life span of 30 to 40 years.
* Most systems carry a full warranty for 20 to 30 years or more.
* Unlike traditional monstrous panel systems, many modern systems are sleeker such as Uni-Solar rolls that lay directly on the roof like regular roofing materials.
* In 35 states, solar energy can be fed back to the utilities to eliminate the need for a storage system as well as eliminating or dramatically reducing your electric bills.
* Solar energy systems are now designed for particular needs. For instance, you can convert your outdoor lighting to solar. The solar cells are directly on the lights and can’t be seen by anyone. At the same time, you eliminate all costs associated with running your outdoor lighting.