It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I were too (hypothetically) leave the US with no cash...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
In Australia, you will not even get past the airport security without at least a visitors permit that you will have to obtain from the Australian embassy in America, plus a valid US passport.

Once you have those, they know exactly who you are, what you look like, and when you are due to leave the country.

So you get into Australia.........

But you have no identity here.

You cannot open a bank account.
You cannot get credit or a credit card.
You cannot get a driving license.
You cannot get a gun license.
You cannot even get a dog license.

You cannot get a job either, because the very first thing an employer will ask is for you to fill in a form that requires your INCOME TAX FILE NUMBER.

You cannot rent property, because the landlord will expect to see some identity documentation that you will not be able to provide.

If you hurt yourself, getting medical care may be difficult, because you have no identity, no Medicare number. The hospital will call the cops.

You become an outlaw, a non person here.

If the cops pull you over and run a check, that they can now do with mobile computer terminals, the first thing they will find is that you are on the overstayed visitors list, and therefore an illegal immigrant..

You will be jailed, then (eventually) sent back to the US in handcuffs,

It happens every day over here, the immigration people raid premises, or the cops pick people up for any trivial reason, or just because they are suspicious of you, and run a check.

If you are American your accent will make you stand out.

We don;t like illegal immigrants over here, no matter where you come from originally.

You may last a month, or a couple of years over here, but you WILL eventually be caught, because you have no identity, no paper trail, you do not exist in the system..

Just an outstanding arrest warrant as an illegal entrant into Australia.

That is generated automatically as they have a record of you coming, but no record of you leaving within the stipulated time..

Don't know about other countries, but forget about sneaking into Australia.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Hey man Welcome to the enlightened path! I moved down here to New Zealand almost 4 years ago and am loving it. If you go to a country like this, you don't need a Visa to come here if you are from America. Then, once you get here, you can explore your options. If you have any skills, particularly ones they need here, you can get a job offer, work Visa, and get settled. Probably the best thing is to make friends in the new country. I made some good ones here and they have been extremely helpful. If you try to get through life on your own, you will have a disadvantage. If you form relationships, friendships, and become part of a "group" of like-minded people, that can go a long way to help you get off the treadmill.

You seem like a nice guy on the surface, so why not share more about who you are, and I can talk to you more about New Zealand... hypothetically of course!!!

this was good, general advice.

Other options, check into jobs in the Middle East. Plenty of English speakers, for things that matter, and high pay....all about the risk... Thing is, no real agreements with the West, so easy to leave your obligations behind... I know firsthand, as my father divorced my mom while over there, and never had to pay her a cent... Sure, he was a bastard, and he should have....but still, hardly the point for your benefit.....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I too would LOVE to leave this country. The government has complete control. I could, of course, go on for hours about the problems but that is not the point.

I have been looking into places to go. Canada and New Zealand top my list. Canada is very close and would be much easier to travel to but just finding a place seems to be the least of the problems moving to another country.

Let's assume you are able to get to the place you would like to reside, obtain a visa and take care of the necessary paper work. Where do you go from there? If you were to sell your car and fly to New Zealand you are then alone once you get there with no real idea where to start. I don't see being able to successfully move that far away without having someone to meet there and help you find work and a place to live. Are there good places to look for people willing to help out?

I want to find somewhere to eventually open a small business (a brewery ideally) and make a nice simple living. I love growing herbs and believe deeply in natural healing (everything in those nasty pharms can be found in nature). I am not worried about money and power as most in this country are. I just want to find a good community of people. How is this done?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Good advice, thanks for the input.

As well thank you to everyone else for your input as well. I am very thankful to at least have an online community where I can get some information about some things that I must really find out before thinking about leaving the country [for good].

My fines and everything else I owe is a 5 digit number, so no it will not be easy to pay off. I am so bogged down from all of this, not being able to drive & find a job, that I am worried I will end up back in jail for not being able to pay these fines. I know I've said this in previous posts but some of you are missing that I see. This is an option [leaving the country] that I may actually have to do to save my own life.

I don't want to get into specifics here too much, but I would not mind leaving this life behind. And although, as I said, I have family and friends I love, they would understand and the people who really love and care about me would come visit me, I know that.

It sounds like finding a small town down south (Mexico/Belize) would be a good idea.

And by the way, I do have a passport and it is valid, and since I'm on parole for minor violations (nothing more than DUI) I doubt me trying to leave the country from another state will cause any sort of problem. I understand my information can be found by anyone, but I highly doubt that if I tried to cross the boarder while in trouble because of a DUI that I will be thrown in jail. I wouldn't let it happen, I'd run and let them try and shoot me first, I will not go back to jail, period.

If anyone else has some helpful links that may aid me in this very possibly journey I may be taking in the near future I'd appreciate it. Thanks again for all the help from you all, it's much appreciated!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
FYI - Firearms are very common in Canada. Outside of cities, most farmers, ranchers, and people in small towns posses a hunting rifle, or a shotgun, and probably a .22 aswell. Illegal firearms are common aswell. Most ordinary people living in rural areas have an old army rifle or a bolt action that was handed down from their grandfathers that simply sat in the closet and never got registered. Besides the simply MASSIVE amount of common firearms, we still have a similar illegal import problem. Its not uncommon for people to know "a friend of a friend" who could possibly get them illegal automatic assault weapons and handguns.

A few years ago a local constable in my home town in Alberta invited me to come out to his place and down a few brews while shooting his collecting of handguns and unregistered shotguns.

Trust me... Canada is where you want to go to hide out. Winter survival is easy with a warm jacket, gloves, and hat. The western half of Canada has vast untouched mountain ranges that are warm and beautiful in the summer and, with the right winter gear, an impenetrable fortress in the winter.

PS: Its not THAT freakin cold you wusses :p

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redman0123

Like I stated before, owning an illegal firearm has many disadvantages (other than it being illegal of course!). If, for example I went looking around Philadelphia to buy an illegal firearm, which happens every day here, and I purchased a 9mm glock and then I use this weapon in self defense, or I'm found with the weapon with no papers (in this example obviously I'm not a citizen) and then after they take a look at the gun they find that there is 5 unsolved murder cases involved with said gun. Where do you think that leaves me?

Of course there are weapons like you stated that have been sitting in the closets of families who have had them passed down and such, but more than likely that weapon would have to be stolen, and I am no thief. Although stealing to survive, as in taking food/water I would do if I had too. And I would never punish someone personally for stealing to survive, some people do this daily because they have too.

I'd love to go to Canada, and a little while back was planning on moving there, but I ended up not being able to legally because I did not have enough cash that is required to enter the country and apply for citizenship.

And winters not that cold? You think if I didn't have a good shelter I'd be okay? I highly doubt that, I mean it is possible to survive in the winter in Canada but it is not something you can do through out the entire winter with ease (a lot of people die each year from the cold).

Here is some info on that subject:

Ontario covers so much territory that the average daily temperatures may differ by as much as 20 Celsius degrees. For example, the average daily temperatures in January range from near minus -24°C in northern portions of the province to a relatively balmy -4°C in Southwestern Ontario.

Not surprisingly, most winters begin earlier and end later in the north than in the south. The winter season in Northern Ontario usually starts in October and ends in mid-May. In Southern Ontario, the winter season starts in November and finishes around the middle of April.

We may joke about winter, but winter weather is no joke. Bitter cold and winter storms kill more than 100 people in Canada every year. That is more than the number of Canadians killed by tornadoes, thunderstorms, lightning, floods, and hurricanes combined.

Link

So thank you for the input but the only way that it may be possible for me to survive in Canada would be to go there during the beginning of good temperatures and hope to have a good shelter for myself by the time it becomes cold again.

I'm still welcome to any one with more information and would highly appreciate it. Thank you.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
So thank you for the input but the only way that it may be possible for me to survive in Canada would be to go there during the beginning of good temperatures and hope to have a good shelter for myself by the time it becomes cold again.

Then why not try that? I mean yes its not going to amongst the most comfortable ways of living but it could work out and it would mean that you would be being relatively self sufficient so not very easy to track. Also as the link you quoted says in parts it generally stays above freezing throughout winter so it wouldn't be too extreme as long as you were in the right area. Of course you would want to live somewhere that is more hospitable but that means that you are going to have to run more risks getting there, though I personally would probably take the risks and find somewhere else.

A large city could work well once you are there. Places that accept cash as rent, jobs that ask few questions, places where there are so many people it is easy to be another face in a crowd of forgotten faces.

-Cauch1

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

If you had no money and a one way plane ticket, i would go to Thailand, and teach English. they pay you about 1000 a month for tutoring, or being a teachers assistant. the living expenses are cheap from what i heard. its like 200$ American for rent a month, and like 1-2 American dollars per meal. this is where i would go if i had a one way plane ticket and no cash.

for me if i had cash, i would move to San Marino, Italy. I have my dual citizenship there, and a lot of family there as well who would help me get on my feet, and get me going even if i didn't have any money. I could still tutor there as well, or be a tour guide since i know English.

think that would be a good idea?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Yeh but then he would have to know Thai before he could tutor English there and Thai is not exactly a language where its going to be easy to find lessons, especially when as he said he's flat broke.

-Cauch1

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

My friend just moved there recently, and he doesn't speak Thai. He is a teachers assistant. He is also given some classes on how to speak Thai that is part of the program he is in. I don't know ALL the details, but this is how it was described to me.

My First choice, would to go to Italy, since i know a little Italian. \

I say, if you do leave the states, learn a second language. there are librarys around that would have some self help books.

But if you don't like the library, you can always order Rosetta Stone, and do the picture matching with words things. worked for me with Italian, and Spanish.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I highly reccomend Neil Strauss' book "Emergency: This book will save your life!" It discusses how to obtain citizenship in other countries, how to survive on your own without electricity or water, and just how to get around with no cash-on-hand.

And, on top of all of that, it's a nice read. Pick it up on Amazon for just a few bucks if you're interested in a read-through.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I see no reason to leave the country, just buy your ticket, make sure your seen on many of the airport cams and use your ticket at the boarding site, then don't get on it.

Go to the rest room put on a hat/wig, change shirts, put on a sweater...whatever..you get the point.

After this, this is the only part illegal IMO....you need someone to report you missing, they "authorities" will then see, eventually your ticket to...where ever.. and also see you board the flight.

Then disapear into an area where no one knows you, and now have dyed hair and cut hair, and just fit in, start at homeless shelter, or if you plan it right start in the spring time and either go by kayak or canoe, as far as you need or want, "I have made it to the Mississippi from uhhhCO./KS. area.

There is always other floaters ppl around, as long as you can make fire to boil water, just by human nature and other boaters you would not need to worry much about starving to death...you might get hungry...but starve..NO WAY.. you would corner a fish or knock on someones door 1st...many ppl are nice and would feed you for minimal labor.

Somewhere through this journey you would find a place that struck you as desireable or meet someone that you could...possibly... have interests with and start over that way.

Unless your just hellbent on leaving the USA why not just fall off the grid or change your ID legally/illegally........

Just a thought....I love the rivers..they are the viens of life that allow me my freedoms from all this, crap and info. I build up during the winter months.....no politics or police, besides the random game wardon, and having an ID is not a requirement for floating!
Unless packing guns and store bought fishing tackle...

Peace...I can't say I have not thought about doing exactly like your OP says and just go, but when I get to thinking about floating 2-300 miles and taking a month or two to do it...I just stay here, because that is real freedom..."for me anyways"
Just the law of the land, and a clear conscience sp? I don't rape or pillage or kill animals for fun, its hard on ones soul!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You could try and get work on a cruise ship.
They are floating around all over the place.
It would be a good idea to know a second language.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

If you had no money and a one way plane ticket, i would go to Thailand, and teach English. they pay you about 1000 a month for tutoring, or being a teachers assistant. the living expenses are cheap from what i heard. its like 200$ American for rent a month, and like 1-2 American dollars per meal. this is where i would go if i had a one way plane ticket and no cash.

for me if i had cash, i would move to San Marino, Italy. I have my dual citizenship there, and a lot of family there as well who would help me get on my feet, and get me going even if i didn't have any money. I could still tutor there as well, or be a tour guide since i know English.

think that would be a good idea?

It does sound like a good idea, and I've been wanting to learn another language, and I've been seriously getting interested in it. Rosetta Stone probably would be best since it is a quicker way to learn, and even though I have no money I'm sure I could get a hold of it someway

Originally posted by Epsilon5
I highly reccomend Neil Strauss' book "Emergency: This book will save your life!" It discusses how to obtain citizenship in other countries, how to survive on your own without electricity or water, and just how to get around with no cash-on-hand.

And, on top of all of that, it's a nice read. Pick it up on Amazon for just a few bucks if you're interested in a read-through.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to check it out. There are a few books I need to buy before any plans actually go into action. Books I will need for survival, translating, ID changing etc...

I am still on the fence about everything I will admit, some days I almost start to pack and go on my way, and other days I just wonder what is going to happen to me if I stay around... It's really confusing and it really sucks. If only I could afford school and find a job things would be so much better for me although even then things would still be tough. I'm no coward trying to run away from my problems, I just want a fresh start. I have screwed up while I have become an adult, and now looking back I hate having the past there constantly reminding me of my wrongdoings. So yes I guess I'd be running from some problems, but I also want to do this for the right reasons as well. For example, I want to travel very badly, and backpacking would be a great way to do so. I'm great at rock climbing and lots of other crazy stuff so I'm sure that would come in handy not to mention it'd be fun. Ahh well I'll soon enough be making my decision. I just need to get some more resources together and I'll put a possible plan in motion. Whatever happens, either way, I will try and tell you all about it. Hopefully I can still have a phone that cannot be tracked with internet access, or use some coffee shops to browse the web and update my status (this is if I end up following through with everything).

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

this is awesome because i have no money or credit card and i been thinking about leaving my life as it is behind and going somewhere to start a new but when your liscense are suspended no money or nothin its hard to plan but i know one thing i want to grow and hunt my own food none of this gov. controled b/s!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Go to somewhere like Switzerland

Switzerland has very stringent immigration laws. There is a reason it has one of the highest standards of living in the world.

There is no hiding in Switzerland as everyone must register their current address regularly, foreigners and citizens alike.

Don't go to Switzerland, you won't last a week.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Most countries where an american would be "safe" won't let you in without a visa and a return trip ticket. Going to places like Thailand or the Philippine Islands as an American living on the streets per se, you would not survive.

While I truly stand behind you on your quest, I must admit I feel you are going about things the wrong way. This is just a matter of personal opinion, so please take it as such. You mentioned some legal issues. I do not judge people based on previous actions, but "escaping" would be much easier for you were your debt to society paid in the eyes of the court. Yes, being on probation or parole sucks...But when you get where ever it is you decide to go, it will always haunt you. Looking over your shoulder trying to stay one jump ahead is no way to go through life. Even if no one around you knows the truth, YOU will know.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

If I were going to bug out of the usa sometime in the near future, tomorrow, Id go to the coast and find a job in a marina. In the keys you can find abandoned boats everywhere. I'd learn about sailing, navigation, sea currents, fishing, boat maintenance...etc.

Then I'd hide my passport in a safe place and write a letter to myself explaining that I'm giving up my citizenship and am a sovereign person, stateless...or something like that. Then I would set sail when the time was right, probably for the south pacific. I'd sneak into small ports, or ask for asylum or something if I found a great place.

If I got in trouble I'd say I was born in the nation where I wanted them to send me; Chili, Philippines, where ever. If they want to spend the money to export me, fine, where ever I end up I'll start the same process.

If I die while reaching for my dream, I'd die happy.....but no one is putting me in a FEMA concentration camp to rot.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zombiemann

Trust me I would much rather deal with my issues at hand but it really isn't that easy. I literally cannot afford the fines, I have other bills to pay on top of them. I am really pushing it here, and if I don't pay my dept off soon I will be screwed, period.

I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but it's always good to know I have a backup plan, you know?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
reply to post by zombiemann

Trust me I would much rather deal with my issues at hand but it really isn't that easy. I literally cannot afford the fines, I have other bills to pay on top of them. I am really pushing it here, and if I don't pay my dept off soon I will be screwed, period.

I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but it's always good to know I have a backup plan, you know?

If you have a passport now, use it, because the government will void it for certain violations, like child support issues. I have a friend who skipped the country for things he had no control of, and the judicial system was unresponsive. Anyway, he left, found a nice girl, got married, and lives happily in a foreign country. He tells me that he and his wife now have a store and a nice apartment. All that crap about feeling guilty is non-sense, Jesus Christ violated law within his society (St John 10:39). When they tried to capture him he fled. There are such things as unjust and/or mis-interpreted laws. I wish you, and thousands like you the best of luck. Someday most American males will have felt the unjustness of American law. One in ten american men have spent time behind bars. I believe its a conspiracy to produce as many felons as possible so as to eliminate gun ownership. Minor crimes of the past have been changed to felonies. Perhaps you can explain that to me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join