It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Important/Intresting Threads Being Buried Beneath Nonsence Threads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have noticed my threads and other interesting or important threads are being swallowed up by new threads like(the names of these threads are not real, just examples. I don't want to offend any OP's)....My pajamas are talking to me, Chem trails running East and West, My pet scruffy now has a wet nose. I wonder if these Non sense threads are meant to cover up or bury important threads. What do you think?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It happens a lot. I think much of it depends upon what members are logged in at the time you post your thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thats how this board functions. If a thread is very popular it will stay up for a long time, if people stop posting, oh well... its gone.. You can always bring it back and bump it.

BTW, "My Pajamas talk to me" is one of the best...really....

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I have noticed my threads and other interesting or important threads are being swallowed up by new threads like(the names of these threads are not real, just examples. I don't want to offend any OP's)....My pajamas are talking to me, Chem trails running East and West, My pet scruffy now has a wet nose. I wonder if these Non sense threads are meant to cover up or bury important threads. What do you think?

So who gets to decide your threads are important or interesting? Some people may think your threads are the nonsense threads covering up their important or interesting threads!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

LOL.... Yeah, maybe I should start one titled, "I just ate my shoes." I bet I get 200 posts between now and this time tomorrow night.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
People are bored by reality. Dumb things are less challenging, and you can actually say something about them without feeling like you are talking to someone who is already half a mile ahead of you.

Medocrity rules.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
And with that title you will get 100 flags because people just instinctively flag, even nonsense posts....

My suggestion, bump it up. Make another point to your original point as to not be labeled as a flag whore or whatever neat names people use

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
One can whore for flags?

Fascinating. What does that MEAN even. What is so great about flagging that whoring is necessary?

I just like the mental imagery of this. Fishnet stockings, high heels on the street corner and payment in flags.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I believe in general post like, and these too are made up, "Why is the members of ATS blah blah blah" are essentially whoring a post out in attempts to receive flags because of the known strife that perpetuates throughout this board.

Senselessly posting a thread that has no substance other than to incite anger and knowing it will do so, is I believe, whoring for flags

But now that you say it....I have a great visual, or maybe not that great of a visual ha!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think less people want to comment on the important stuff because of the times we are in. People want to escape more then indulge in this # fest. So instead people talk about how important it is to write letters to Obama demanding the disclosure of aliens. If you want to change it then buddy up with people and forward threads to them. I'll be joor friend ;-). Talk to eachother on the thread about the topic and Flag.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by mosesgunner]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

So, I take it you think we are the only life in the universe, eh? I don't know. I think a disclosure of alien life is pretty important, but that's just my opinion.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I like your BTW........
You are Tooooo funny

A star for you

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Oh GOD. I didn't say that, I was actually referring to a thread where the poster made it sound like it would be the end of the world if you didn't send letters to Obama about disclosure. MY POINT WAS THAT ALIENS ARE NOT NEAR AS IMPORTANT AS THE FACT THAT OUR COUNTRY IS BEING SOLD OUT, AND THE PLANET IS MOVING TOWARDS A WORLD GOVERNMENT. But yeah alien nerds are a little on the flamboyant side.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
No need to fight. Instead lets debate if bigfoot can speak.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

LOL,yeah, I saw that at dailygrail.com today. I did have to chuckle a bit.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Oh $H!^, that's funny too

I looking around for some high heels and flags too

Here comes your star

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
More importantly, why do people keep posting info from sources that are known to be fake? Might as well quote the Globe or World News, while they're at it. It's a waste of space, and uses up valuable lifetime hours looking at crap. Of course, that's just my opinion....probably not the opinion of most on ATS. I think they like it, they do it so much.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I have always felt that this forum lacked a more functional chat room, as the majority of poor threads would vanish instantly as a result.

For instance, it's 1:30AM where I am, and I can't sleep. Therefore I bounce around these late night threads for things that I missed during the week, or to cross reference sources and topics. Therefore, I tend to bump older threads, or sillier ones, as they are ones that I neglected earlier.

Also, this site contains topics of interest that tend to isolate and ostracize users from other communities. Meaning, if you're up at 2 in the morning and you want to talk about Aliens, then you may be able to find a place for that. However, if you're up late at night and want to talk to someone about how the Hollow Earth theory and the Expanding Earth theory blend together nicely... well, then you're really going to have a difficult time.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Lol I love the kids that don't know that World Weekly News is a satire on tabloids. I don't get it, when I was there age I would buy them every chance I got just cause I found them hilarious.

But as far as the subject topic there are options. If you really care you could start an twitter or blog archiving important topics, use it as a signature. I'm sure people will help.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
One can whore for flags?

Fascinating. What does that MEAN even. What is so great about flagging that whoring is necessary?

I just like the mental imagery of this. Fishnet stockings, high heels on the street corner and payment in flags.

lmao well said !!

second line.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join