It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna Experience the aura right now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have the street llight thing happening to me sometimes, as im driving along when i get with in 5metres of the street lights they go off and if im going down a road with alot of street lights they all go off one after the other as i go pass ,they stay off untiill i leave the road, someone told me the street lights are on timers and they might just be playing up...

I can also naturaly see peoples auras and feel theeir energy infact i almost live off other peoples energy im empath and a reiki healer

not sure whats happening with the street light thing

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Inf0rm3r]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Theres a streetlight outside my house like that, if I go outside to take out the trash the dumb thing will shut off on me and I have to do it in the dark....irritating. LOL

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I can't see auras but I can feel people in the same room as me.. It's a sort of dullness in their general direction, even if I dont see them. Is that kind of what is it is?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Good question, and I am not sure, I know I can feel people walk into the room sometimes, its hard to sneak up behind me. but I am not sure it thats part of the aura or what it is. I have very hightened physical awareness due to hyper vigelance, so it could be that as well for me. Seems this came up in another thread too, but I dont remember which.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Sound like you are also getting like your sixth sence picking up on spirits that are in the same room as you, kinda like when you get a tingle on your neck its a spirit walking by you

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sterling46
Could these "auras" be after images? You say you can see them when there is a white backround. It sounds like it is. Not all of these can be explained, but I would suspect that the colourless ones are after images.

White backgrounds make the best backgrounds to learn on, that's all. I prefer to "see" aura's in a dark room.

The TV thing annoys me heaps
, Everything has to be turned off at night or I become very unhappy about not being able to sleep.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gislebertus
I also have street lights turn off on me all the time when I pass under them... what's up with that?

My grandmother had this real bad. Lightbulbs used to blow out on her all the time. She still cant put on a digital watch either, cos it just turns off!

Her doctor said she had a high level of electrical activity in her body. Cant be any more specific than that.

Perhaps shes a reptilian. In fact, with age she is starting to look a little lizard like.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
We only use 11% of our brains just imagine what we could do if we could use all of it. Heh.

this is actually not true, just ask a surgeon. we use every part of our brain, that's why it's so dangerous to operate in it. even if you remove 1 % , you'll immediatly see the result. i can't really recommend it

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I am open to that possibilty to a point, but if you see the blue shimmer, after images dont do that. Also, it will appear to zip around the fingers. Its very strange when you do see it. I remember seeing photos of leaves where they got that image of what I am speaking about....I'll have to see if I can find them on the web.

Google "kirlian" under images. Its a type of photography special effect. If you can see these, you should go to the hospital. Could be your eyes, brain, or chemical imbalance.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
DarkBlade - I am not saying aura doesn't exist or you can't see it

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Do you believe that your eyes are physically seeing on the edge of the visible spectrum? Or that your mind is imposing it's knowledge of the spiritual plane onto your visual field.

Personally, I wonder i this is the "Aura" at all . . .

Dr. Wilhelm Reich believed he had located and photographed the life force, which he called "orgone" energy. do a search on google for more info on this bluish energy.

Another guy, whose name I forget, was also drumbed out of medicine and put in an asylum (just like reich) for claiming what he called the "Odic" force.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Actually icelid, thanks for that, I googled it myself, and didnt find what I was looking for although that one with the leaf is very close to what you would see. only not nearly as strong. Its very subtle.

Ummm...

Go to the hospital is your answer? lol

Actually, I did consult an eye doctor. He couldnt find anything wrong with my eyes then. Other than my glasses needed to be changed. As I have also talked to a psychiatrist, besides having ptsd, I am menatlly healthy.

And I have had tests done before by my doctor. I am a healthy being. So, in a way
I had already done all of that.
That was kind of a childish comment, yet in a way, its not. I wondered sometimes throughtout the years if I was losing my mind. I don't just see auras. So you have to question your own sanity sometimes. Then you begin to question your reality.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
DarkBlade, your methods of seeing auras come straight from the book The Celestine Prophecy. Pretty amazing book that I am suprised more people here have not read. It has a lot more regarding auras and energy, for example...how an arguement is simply one person draining energy from another and how to defend from that, replenish energy from nature, or give someone your energy.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
DarkBlade, your methods of seeing auras come straight from the book The Celestine Prophecy. Pretty amazing book that I am suprised more people here have not read. It has a lot more regarding auras and energy, for example...how an arguement is simply one person draining energy from another and how to defend from that, replenish energy from nature, or give someone your energy.

I read that book many many years ago. Was actually a very good read!

The way he wrote it, most people got the idea of what he was explaining. It put things into words that you just already knew, but could never word properly.
Awesome book for some people. For others though, it was a controversial because it was all written in story form, so they claim it isn't a valid concept.
Man, I should reread that. When I was first really starting to get interested in all of this, the CP was one of the first books I read because it was recommended to me by a friend. Changed my perception on a lot of things.

Thanks for the reminder....
reminded me of more than one thing to concider here

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
DarkBlade - I am not saying aura doesn't exist or you can't see it

I was explaining that you could be correct, but that the idea was to make you more aware of subtle things around. Honestly, I don't understand it all. This is just some of the things that helped me. And yeah, I started to go on the defensive. My bad

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
nope sorry - that isnt an aura

its a downfall of the way your brain sees things. if you stare at something white with a black object in it and then remove the black object - you can still see it.

with auras similar is happening as your eyes are moving constantly (in very small amounts) so you can see the glow around your hand. its also to do with the way the brain reacts to contrast changes. i cant explain the exact thing what it is but it aint magical mystical life force extending out of your body for sure.

quick test.

hold your hand as far as you can and put it on your white bit of paper (make a note where your alleged aura is) now move your hand closer to your eyes and do it again , your fingers have grown bigger and your hand seems larger but wait... the aura is still the same size.

optical illusions - try searching for them on google - your eyes lie to you , you only actually see things directly infront of you and the brain creates the rest going on educated guess work on what it should see.
(actually your eyes view the world upsidedown and your brain flips it to the correct way , if you where to wear reversable goggles to flip the horizon for a couple of weeks , your brain would adjust itself and view it as the correct way again )

soz

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Acidhead, thanks for that post.

My only problem is that once a person begins to see the blue shimmer, that does indeed go around the hand, its no longer involved with a shadow image. And that travels with the hand when it is moved. I constantly see this image now when I look at things if I make an effort to see it. If you know what to look for, it is there. However, the optical illusion you pointed out, does also appear when a person starts doing these, so its importaint to know what that is as well. Thank you for posting that. It was a post that helps to know what NOT to look for and what to be aware of when you start trying these out.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well, that first aura trick was actually on the back of an "Apple Jacks" box at one time....You stare into the middle of one red circle, then look next to it on the blank white spot, and you see a green circle. Eyes like to play tricks, I do believe in "ki" energy type stuff though, just don't think this is one of those.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
One of my friends has an evil aura when it comes to electronics (namely computers). Although I have never seen any aura, I can just imagine his being a dark black, infecting the computers he touches, destroying them.

Seriously.

I'm not sure if you would call it an aura, but he has a knick for crashing the uncrashable without having to do anything at all. He�s crashed notepad on his computer before. NOTEPAD. My computer can run for days without crashing, yet when he walks into the room BAM, even my computer crashes. I used to believe it was just the room his computer was in, but after countless times of him crashing my computers (and from what he's told me he crashes the computers where he works as well) I would say that he has some kind of wacky aura that is anti-tech.

Anybody else hear of anything kind of like this? I only know of one �semi-real� account and that was from Professor Wolfgang Pauli, who had similar mishaps to my friend. www.anecdotage.com...

He reads these boards and will probably see this, maybe he'll comment on it mwhahahha.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The tricks in the first post of this thread are caused by so called receptive fields. Some of the image processing happens in retina itself. Because the eyes moves all the time, the eye has to do something to counter blurring of the image. Receptive fields are circular and contain two rings. The cells between real 'seeing' cells and the optical nerve can communicate with eachother and influence eachother. The cells that do the actual processing are the ganglion cells. Receptive fields come in two kinds, on and off. Off receptive fields give the highest signal when the outer ring sees bright colors and the inner ring dark colors. The on field gives the highest signal when the outer ring sees dark colors and the inner ring sees bright colors. This also works with colors. Illusions like this one are caused by receptive fields:

Weak magnetic fields can't influence your eyes. You see, your eyes work with a chemical called rodopsine. This changes shape if it gets enough energy in the form of a photon. Only photons in the range of visible light have enough energy. More energetic photons destroy the chemical or get absorbed by other chemicals. Changed rodopsine affects cGMP messenger molecules, which influence the enzymes that control the potential of the cellular membrane. The cell sends a signal to a nerve cell and this signal goes via ganglion cells to the optical nerve and into the brain.

BTW, Wolfgang Pauli died in 1958, so I doubt he reads this forum.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by amantine]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join