It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers reveal secrets of duck sex: It's all screwed up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Female ducks have evolved an intriguing way to avoid becoming impregnated by undesirable but aggressive males endowed with large corkscrew-shaped penises: vaginas with clockwise spirals that thwart oppositely spiraled males.

Source

I guess female ducks aren't attracted to the badboy with the big shlong very much, haha. This is crazy how their genitals work..lol. I couldn't imagine being all corkscrew shaped..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Why would this occur... just because they don't want a specific mate, their vaginas have become incapable of them.....

Well.... that's ducks for ya!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I think that the female ducks are capable of controlling the shape of their vaginas. Like if they don't like the guy then bam, switch the shape up and block him, of if she does like him then match his shape and let him in.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Driving instructor, "Women have the right to CHOOSE who they have sex with."

Borat, "That's not good for me."

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjaba

I think that the female ducks are capable of controlling the shape of their vaginas. Like if they don't like the guy then bam, switch the shape up and block him, of if she does like him then match his shape and let him in.

That's torshly cool....

I wonder if it's like when some fish will just change their gender, (some humans would save a fortune if they could just do that
).

Well, that's some real women empowerment for ducks.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I never knew the female duck was so discerning.

That's really ducked up for the males.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Anjaba, sir.

What exactly do you sear....

um.

Stay away from me please.

And stay away from my pets.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Ducks are known to detain the record of penis size amongst vertebrates, compared to their own size: a specimen of Argentine blue-bill duck had a remarkable 42.5 cm (17 inches) long penis at a body length of 20 cm! (Could you imagine a 6 ft (1.8 m) tall man having a 13.3 ft (4 m) long penis?).Moreover, ducks' penises are very bizarre: beside a great variation a half-inch (1.2 cm) to 17 inches long, they are extremely variable in shape, from smooth to covered with spines, grooves and variably curled

Another Article

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

I am so glad I am not a duck!

Oh, well, f*&k a d*&k.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjaba

Ducks are known to detain the record of penis size amongst vertebrates, compared to their own size: a specimen of Argentine blue-bill duck had a remarkable 42.5 cm (17 inches) long penis at a body length of 20 cm! (Could you imagine a 6 ft (1.8 m) tall man having a 13.3 ft (4 m) long penis?).Moreover, ducks' penises are very bizarre: beside a great variation a half-inch (1.2 cm) to 17 inches long, they are extremely variable in shape, from smooth to covered with spines, grooves and variably curled

Another Article

So, uhh..... what am I looking at here....

Kind of reminds me of the insects (moths is it) with the tongues that go way down in the flowers.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I hate you. You know that, don't you! You stole my line. You stole my joke that came to me in a flash of inspiration when I saw the thread title. Just like a dizziedame.
(just kidding!)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The Labyrinth that is a female ducks vagina, and the snake like penis of the male that must find it's way through the twists and turns of the maze..

So ducks are monogamous, but because of rape issues they have developed very complex genitals that they share with there male partner so only he can actually fertilize her.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ducks seem to have quite a bizzare sex live. In 2003 C.W. Moeliker won the Ig Nobel Prize for his research paper: The first case of homosexual necrophilia in the mallard Anas platyrhynchos (Aves: Anatidae)

On 5 June 1995 an adult male mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) collided with the glass façade of the Natuurhistorisch Museum Rotterdam and died. Another drake mallard raped the corpse almost continuously for 75 minutes. Then the author disturbed the scene and secured the dead duck. Dissection showed that the rape-victim indeed was of the male sex.

Keywords: homosexuality, necrophilia, non-consensual copulation, mallard, Anas platyrhynchos

Link to study: www.nmr.nl...
About the Ig Nobel Prize: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I will never quack in the same way again.

But, on a less disturbed and more intellectual note, I never knew that ducks have such messed up penises. You do know that if they ever manage to mine materials, and create machinery, that they'll have cars the size of peas, right? Jesus. Who needs a Hummer when you have a penis bigger than your body.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well this is where the "little guy" has a distinct advantage.

What about for those ducks that like it rough? Wouldn't this simply mean more friction? Hahaha!

Maybe an advanced evolutionist who minored in linguistics invented the slang of "screw".

top topics

join