It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Star Trek painting a picture of Subterranean Atlantean Civilization?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
First of all, this is relating to the theories on the thriving Atlantean Civilization in large subterranean pockets deep in Earth and my personal observation of Star Trek ideologies

I know they use no money at all, and their society is organized on a strictly democratic basis. People do not become aged and live in everlasting harmony."

www.ourhollowearth.com...

Star Trek: en.wikipedia.org...

Similarities of Star Trek to Atlantean Civilization, not basing from online sources but from my personal observation, from watching several of their series runs and movies:

- High technology, most obviously, and their saucer-shaped starships
- Some form of mastery over the forces of nature via use of their ship-based deflector dish, sometimes, even the trichorder.
- Non-consumption of alcohol, real meat, etc.. They use food replicators instead
- Extended life spans/delayed aging. Humans in the 23rd century have somewhat managed to restore Earth's pristine environment and reduced ambient radiation, including that coming from the Sun. That, excellent diet, and advanced medical technology have contributed to much higher human average lifespans compared today.
- Very little reference to sexuality, violence, and brutality as compared to other similarly running Sci-fi series.
- Suppression of physical lusts and outbursts of emotional urges which is practiced by a race co-mingling with Humans, called Vulcans.
- Child-like behaviour of most main characters.
- Preference of characters on topics that would expand knowledge, exploration, expertise of their crafts/hobbies, resolving issues, than fleshly lusts.
- Careful attention to cleanliness and hygiene
- The pursuit for fair justice, no matter the consequences as well as the highest forms of democracy practiced.
- Pursuit of the highest ideals of humanity with frequent mention of quotes by renowned men and women in our history.
- Wars on Earth has all been abolished by 23rd century.
- Very little crimes committed on Earth
- And finally:

"No money? You mean you don't get paid?"
"The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We wish to better ourselves and the rest of humanity."

- Lily and Picard

So I think whenever we watch any Star Trek show, we may be having a glimpse of the Atlantean Civilization, what do you think?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
They didn't drink any alcohol in the original Star Treks? You sure about that?

I think both societies, one possibly a myth, and one made up by us, strive to be Utopian....but not sure I see the relation.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

- Non-consumption of alcohol, real meat, etc.. They use food replicators instead

Not so! The Klingons eat plenty of meat and Romulan Ale is often consumed though no one likes to talk about it... Romulan Ale is illegal you know!

- Very little reference to sexuality, violence, and brutality as compared to other similarly running Sci-fi series.
- Suppression of physical lusts and outbursts of emotional urges which is practiced by a race co-mingling with Humans, called Vulcans.

Again, not so!

In the original series there was an episode called "Naked Time" which was also copied by The Next Generation in a famous episode called "The Naked Now" where the crew was infected with a space bug that made them horny. Data had sex with Tasha Yar and told her he was "Fully Functional". Picard also got steamy with Bev Crusher and Troi got it on with Riker.

Wooooot!

- Careful attention to cleanliness and hygiene

Yet curiously, the Enterprise only had one toilet! Must of been a hell of a line outside the door eh!

"No money? You mean you don't get paid?"
"The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We wish to better ourselves and the rest of humanity."

Try telling that to a Ferengi! There's nothing like Gold Pressed Latinum. There was also a lot of gambling in Quarks bar... and plenty of sexy girls (DS9)!

Gotta hand it to those Ferengi boys! When it came to partying, they knew what time it was!

IRM

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
How can that list be similarities with the atlantean civilization?

Plato mentioned NOTHING of that.

I really dont see any similarities whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

a real Star Trek fan! maybe you can help me out with this then. I dont recall them saying that humans had extended lifespans. is there an example of a 100 year old star trek human character?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
They didn't drink any alcohol in the original Star Treks? You sure about that?

FYI They did drink alcohol, as there was at least one episode where they had to get some alien drunk.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
FYI They did drink alcohol, as there was at least one episode where they had to get some alien drunk.

Yes -- in the Episode "By Any Other Name" Scotty had to get an alien drunk -- and Scotty, himself also got drunk.

....and to the OP --
How exactly are you ascribing all of these traits to Atlantis? How did you get all that information about a totally unknown civilization?

Perhaps Altanteans drank to excess and were highly sexual people. Perhaps crime was a problem in Atlantis (or in whatever civilization Plato was talking about).

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

Yes, bones (Leonard Mccoy) lived to be atleast 137, but unfortunatley the actor who played him has died.

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Not so! The Klingons eat plenty of meat and Romulan Ale is often consumed though no one likes to talk about it... Romulan Ale is illegal you know!

Worf (After drinking romulan ale): "Romulan ale should be illegal"
Geordi La Forge: "It is."

And never forget when scotty had that whisky in that episode with the dyson sphere

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Incendia vox]

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Incendia vox]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The idea puting SF series inthe remote past is amusing I like such ideas!
But I never would tell or discuss something like that outside of this forum. They without a doubt, quickly put you in sanatory for such ideas

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
FWIW

Gene "Great Bird of the Galaxy" Rodenbury had an ideal for the show - IDIC -
infinite diversity in infinite combinations. Nothing drawn from Atlantis as I have ever understood - and believe me im a Trekkie/Trecker to my core.

Just ironic that despite the fine ethics of the show Gene was a misogynistic money grabbing plagarist!

If you want to understand more about the back ground to Trek - reading Harlan Elissons script review to the "City on the Edge" and also Gene's unofficial biography (name escapes me right now but I got a copy from a school fete)

Better still - a chat with Walter Koneig gave me pretty much all I needed to know about the real ethics behind the show!

And Im still a fan - now thats sad

I actually still prefer the honesty of Babylon 5!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Although I am quite familiar with one side of your source material (Star Trek), I would be very interested on your sources for the Atlantean side. The information I have read does not synch up to the claims you are making. I believe it would be a great help to all in this thread if you could explain where your source material for the Atlantean technology originated from. By doing this, we can then have a discussion of comparitive technologies, but right now, only you seem to the be the one "in the know".

I suspect it is a fictional work or a work of fantasy. Please prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
All the traits you ascribe to Atlantis have absolutely no basis in any source of information about the civilisation, i.e Plato.

Me thinks you been reading too many blog posts or watch silly YouTube videos.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

" We wish to better ourselves and the rest of humanity."

most people would rather lay around the pool and drink beer.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

First of all, I think it would be more historically accurate to say "subterranean LEMURIAN civilization" since the Lemurians where not the one's to destroy themselves, and a large part of the world, in their greed and lust for power, technology and control.

Second of all, you are limiting your input parameters by concluding that currently, either what would be considered the "Star Trek" fleet of today or what are the "underground Atlantians", are still in our 3D dimension. Neither are.

I am just trying to figure out your frame of reference, since the Atlantians where not "subterranean" back when they existed in our past history and at that time, they were in the 3D. The "Atlantians" that exist underground now are in the 5D. And since the Atlantians where originally from Lemuria... oh, it gets confusing. Do some research on Lemurians, Telos and the Ascended Masters...

The closest thing to "Star Trek" today would be the Galactic Federation (of Planets) of which the G.F. of Light is their fleet of star ships, and they also are in the 5D.

On the other hand, if you are comparing "Star Trek" with the Atlantians of the past (i.e., 3D vs. 3D) then you should be comparing "Star Trek" with the Merpeople of today, since the Atlantians at the time they blew up much of the world did not support the kinds of ideal you are saying the "Star Trek" reality on TV supported.

The merpeople (called that because they live in cities underwater, not because they look like mermaids). They are still 3D. They have water/space ships, they have advanced technology, but they also do not have Duality and the Veil which we surface humans have, thus they see the reasons for supporting the higher ideals of non-interference, non-brutality and a general love and respect for all sentient beings.

I will say that the "Star Trek" on TV might be considered to represent a 3D reality that has progressed to a 4D reality, because these two vibrational dimensions can still hold the negativity and violence we find common place on our world.

I say 4D instead of 5D for the TV series because the extreme sexuality, violence, evil and brutality are not supported in the 5th dimension and above. And in the 4D, manipulation of the 3D environment can be easily done (as in "food out of thin air").

So how to you get to the 5D? You Ascend there, which is the only way...

So I digress:

They wouldn't use alcohol or caffeine because these are not beneficial and also because they affect the bodies energy (e.g., they can negatively affect your chakra energies).

They don't eat real meat because that implies they killed something to get the meat, which would mean they value their lives more than someone elses and are willing to over-ride another's freewill to exist in the form of their choice.

The replicators are an allegory to the ability to easily manifest things by intent, including food, in the 4th and 5th+ dimensions.

There is no need for money because you can either manifest what you want out of the free energy of the cosmos or exchange services or goods for what you want.

The child-like behavior is because the higher in dimension (vibration) you are, the closer to the Love of the Prime Creator you are, without all the 3D baggage of Duality and the Veil: essentially why it IS called "child-like"--because a child has yet to be indoctrinated into the negative and evil possible in the reality of 3D life.

If you do some research on the internet, there is information that Roddenberry was getting "channeled" information from higher-dimensional beings before he created the Star Trek series and used some of that information in bring the ST Universe to life.

If you want some information on what a 4D "humanoids from another planet using spaceships, manifestation and education to help others" reality might really be like, then read something like the "Stranger in the Pentagon" book by Stranges. If you want to learn more about what the "subterranean Atlantians" are up to these days, and the spiritual reality that entails, then you might start reading the "Telos" books by Aurelia Jones.

However, these are books to Enlighten and Awaken people, not for fictional entertainment.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incendia vox
reply to post by Totalstranger

Yes, bones (Leonard Mccoy) lived to be at least 137, but unfortunately the actor who played him has died.

Dr Noonien Soong (Data's creator on TNG) also lived way past 100.

IRM

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Alcohol was not considered wrong in Star Trek. Captain Picard's family owned a vineyard (Chateau Picard). And Romulan Ale was only illegal for the same reseaon Cuban Cigars were- a trade embargo. When the Romulans were allies (in DS9's Inter Arma Silent Legis) the ale was legal.

That synthetic alcohol they were drinking? It still got people drunk. Maybe it was just healthier.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Just to add.

There was another episode of Star Trek where Captain Kirk was split into two by the transporter. One was his good side and the other evil or animal. The animal Kirk took a bottle of brandy from the Doctor (Bones) and brought it to the yeoman's (blond actress) quarters and proceeded to get drunk and attempted to rape her.

new topics

top topics

join