It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh... Heart Attack?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by whaaa

You know, if you are going to ridicule Limbaugh for his past troubles with addictive pain killers you might as well unleash your fervor upon all substance abusers within the entertainment industry and within professional sports.

Funny how all of them seem to always come out smelling like roses but Rush never gets credit for dealing with his problem. The comeback and recent successes of Robert Downey Jr. comes to mind. You seem to like his most recent film. www.belowtopsecret.com... perhaps you should be boycotting him.

The buck does not stop with Rush.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by jibeho]

no your wrong, and here's why...limbaugh, before he became a drug addict, came out publicly on his show several times and said all drug abusers should go to prison. he called them weak and punks and law breaking liberal hippies. but, of course this didn't apply to himself when he became a drug addict. he was a loud-mouth hypocrite on this subject, and shouldn't be given any breaks what-so-ever. but...he was given all the breaks, no arrest, no trial, no jail time...he didn't even lose his job!!!! and all the people that listen to him forgave him for being a hypocritical drug addict.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
The best thing that can happen to this country would be for Rush to become president. Were he to run he would have an instant 14 million votes...at least.

And the rest,

instant votes for the other guy...

Lets do it!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hmm maybe it's karma biting him in the ass for reporting false information? Who knows.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
reply to post by LocoHombre

OK, that sounded heartless.

i do hope he recovers at the hands by an immigrant, the kind of people he hates.

Preferably a gay middle eastern liberal immigrant! That had a sex change and is in love with Kith Olberman.

:shk:

Good health Rush I do hope you find tolerance.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Notice one of the effects of oxycontin abuse is heart trouble.

I don't see how Rush's present problem relates to his former drug usage. Quoting what you posted:

During later stages of the "abuse cycle," when an OxyContin patient or "recreational" drug user exceeds a maximal dosage recommendation, problems like heart rate slowing, gastrointestinal problems, nausea, and lose of consciousness often come into play. It is especially in cases like these when a supervised and professional drug detoxification program is of the utmost importance.

That doesn't relate to a post-detox patient.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by whaaa

Notice one of the effects of oxycontin abuse is heart trouble.

I don't see how Rush's present problem relates to his former drug usage. Quoting what you posted:

During later stages of the "abuse cycle," when an OxyContin patient or "recreational" drug user exceeds a maximal dosage recommendation, problems like heart rate slowing, gastrointestinal problems, nausea, and lose of consciousness often come into play. It is especially in cases like these when a supervised and professional drug detoxification program is of the utmost importance.

That doesn't relate to a post-detox patient.

It does if the junkie has relapsed.

or

It can be the result of the junkies previous drug use, and a myriad of new excesses.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So Rush now feels what the rest of us do when he speaks?

He should consider himself lucky that this pain he feels is not in his ass.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

It can be the result of the junkies previous drug use, and a myriad of new excesses.

Or not!

Rush's family has a history of cardiac problems. It's hard to beat genetics.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You said exactly what I was thinking. Michael J. Fox comes to mind.

You do know that MJF admitted to skipping dosages of his medication in order to aggravate his symptoms, don't you? He did it to bring attention to the disease.

Unfortunately, if Limbaugh died today, he'd be a hero to many, and even more would suspect foul play, as if he is really important in the political realm. It couldn't be his diet, exercise regimen (or lack of) and pill popping that did him in.

Please, tell us what you know about Mr. Limbaugh's diet and exercise regimen. He's a fairly avid golfer, afaik, and I'll bet his diet is healthier than most people's.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

You said exactly what I was thinking. Michael J. Fox comes to mind.

You do know that MJF admitted to skipping dosages of his medication in order to aggravate his symptoms, don't you? He did it to bring attention to the disease.

That lie was spread by Limbaugh and his insane rabble.

The medication level that would prevented the shaking would also have made him too drugged up to testify. Doctors validated that as I remember it.

Besides, you don't need deceit to bring attention to a disease that is known and documented.

What we saw on TV is what it looks like to have this condition.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Limbaugh has been on fad diets and doesn't exercise. Golf is NOT exercise. It's riding around in a cart and swinging every once in a while. He needs to swim or join a gym to get exercise. Taking the short-cut to weight loss can be very dangerous. We don't know if this diet had anything to do with his heart trouble, but it certainly could have.

Limbaugh had recently been on the Quick Weight Loss Diet and had lost 100 lbs in a few short months.

Medical experts found the precipitous weight-loss alarming in and of itself, expressing concerns that such quick loss of weight could cause any number of complications, including problems with the heart. Rush Limbaugh's diet was described as a typical "starvation mode" diet plan, no different many others on the market, trumpeting itself as something new when all it did was provide a regimen of exercise and low caloric intake.

Here's Rush bragging about how he's never exercised and blames his yo-yo weight loss on "the way he's built":

When I first heard this gunk, “Rush, you gotta exercise to lose weight.” I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many total pounds I've lost my whole life without doing any exercise. [...] Folks, I've lost 90 pounds three times in my life without taking a step beyond the normal steps I took in a given day. I've lost 40 pounds four times. My whole life I'm either weight gaining or losing. The longest I've maintained a weight in my life when I became an adult, let's say after 18 years old, was probably 18 months. It's just the way I'm built.

Rush Limbaugh Transcript

Among The Dangers of Yo-Yo Dieting is heart disease.

Yo-yo dieting may increase the risk of developing heart disease , hypertension , and diabetes . It may also increase emotional distress and contribute to a sense of failure and low self-esteem.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by whaaa

You know, if you are going to ridicule Limbaugh for his past troubles with addictive pain killers you might as well unleash your fervor upon all substance abusers within the entertainment industry and within professional sports.

Funny how all of them seem to always come out smelling like roses but Rush never gets credit for dealing with his problem. The comeback and recent successes of Robert Downey Jr. comes to mind. You seem to like his most recent film. www.belowtopsecret.com... perhaps you should be boycotting him.

The buck does not stop with Rush.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by jibeho]

no your wrong, and here's why...limbaugh, before he became a drug addict, came out publicly on his show several times and said all drug abusers should go to prison. he called them weak and punks and law breaking liberal hippies. but, of course this didn't apply to himself when he became a drug addict. he was a loud-mouth hypocrite on this subject, and shouldn't be given any breaks what-so-ever. but...he was given all the breaks, no arrest, no trial, no jail time...he didn't even lose his job!!!! and all the people that listen to him forgave him for being a hypocritical drug addict.

How am I wrong??
As for Rush's past statements, it is called the rationalization and denial of a person addicted to prescription pain pills. All addicts do it until they are forced into the realization of their addiction. Big Hollywood is very good at this.

Rush probably rationalized his abuse of pills because they were prescription meds. Prescription meds are widely abused and misused. Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith, Brittany Murphy come to mind recently. These drugs are not illegal hence the rationalization and lack of criminal charges against these abusers.

I had a buddy who suffered extreme chronic pain due to chronic pancreatitis. He was Gulf War Vet and sought medical care through the VA and also sought care from a private practice. Neither doctor knew about the other and he was getting double prescriptions for oxy. and other meds. It didn't take long for him to get hooked on the pills to kill his pain.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

That's not true. According to MJF:

In a futile attempt to be “on” at the optimal times—that is, when I was performing—I would try to get through my producing duties with as little levodopa (or “L-Dopa,” the synthetic dopamine that Parkinson’s patients take to control symptoms) in my system as possible, so that when I had to act, I could up the dose and be steady in front of the cameras. Rarely, if ever, did I get it right. Getting it wrong—erring on the side of too much levodopa—brought on a torrent of dyskinesias; uncontrollable movements like undulating, weaving, rocking, and bobbing. The cruel joke was that I didn’t notice it as much going through my paces as I did afterward when I watched the footage in the editing room....

2doworld.com...

Difficult, but not impossible.

MJF himself admits to manipulating his dosages. Limbaugh didn't invent that.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Golf is NOT exercise. It's riding around in a cart and swinging every once in a while.

That's funny. It is one way to do it, but there is also walking the course and lugging your own clubs.

Here's Rush bragging about how he's never exercised and blames his yo-yo weight loss on "the way he's built":

When I first heard this gunk, “Rush, you gotta exercise to lose weight.” I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many total pounds I've lost my whole life without doing any exercise. [...] Folks, I've lost 90 pounds three times in my life without taking a step beyond the normal steps I took in a given day. I've lost 40 pounds four times. My whole life I'm either weight gaining or losing. The longest I've maintained a weight in my life when I became an adult, let's say after 18 years old, was probably 18 months. It's just the way I'm built.

That doesn't say anything about not exercising. It only says he didn't couple exercise with dieting.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It is one way to do it, but there is also walking the course and lugging your own clubs.

You think Rush walks and lugs his own clubs? Really? If you listen to Rush, you know he uses a golf cart AND caddies. And smokes cigars on the course.

Is he still on drugs?

A 911 call was made from the Kahala Hotel and Resort Wednesday afternoon and paramedics responded at 2:42 p.m. Hawaiian Time - 7:42 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. A source tells KITV:

Limbaugh was sitting in a chair in his ninth-floor hotel room at the Kahala when emergency crews arrived... He told medical crews that he was taking medication for a back problem.

That doesn't say anything about not exercising. It only says he didn't couple exercise with dieting.

Read it again. He said: "I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many total pounds I've lost my whole life without doing any exercise."

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wiki's report on the Michael J. Fox controversy:

Michael J. Fox incident On the October 23, 2006 edition of his radio show, Limbaugh imitated on the "DittoCam" (the webcam for Web site subscribers to see him on the air) the physical symptoms actor Michael J. Fox showed in a television commercial raising Parkinson's disease awareness.[19][20] He said "(Fox) is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act ... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."[21] Fox later appeared on CBS with Katie Couric and said he was actually dyskinesic at the time, a condition that results from his medication.[22]

MJF admits being embarrassed by his dyskinesis which was a result of overmedicating with L-Dopa. So it would appear that for this Parkinson's awareness add MJF purposely overdosed:

Rarely, if ever, did I get it right. Getting it wrong—erring on the side of too much levodopa—brought on a torrent of dyskinesias; uncontrollable movements like undulating, weaving, rocking, and bobbing.

Limbaugh had it right on MJF. It was hypocrisy. Nothing serious, MJF was making a point about the disease, but he chose to be dyskinetic. He could have waited till the dyskinesis passed to make the add.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Ok, I had it backwards but it means the same thing and refutes the claim.
It's a lie that he did it to get attention and was somehow doing something underhanded.

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ok, I had it backwards but it means the same thing and refutes the claim. It's a lie that he did it to get attention and was somehow doing something underhanded.

Know what you mean, Zig. It was over 3 years ago. I just remember seeing MJF in the add and wondering what was up as I had never seen him acting anything like that before!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I doubt that you're a Limbaugh expert, now...admit it.

Is he still on drugs?

He told medical crews that he was taking medication for a back problem.

That's fine. I don't see your point. He takes prednisone for a back problem; thousands of people do.

Read it again. He said: "I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many total pounds I've lost my whole life without doing any exercise."

I think you should read it again. It seems that you are reading something into the statement.

I take it as him saying: "I have been able to lose weight my whole life without resorting to exercise".

At any rate, there is good news: he didn't suffer a heart attack after all!

No Heart Disease for Rush Limbaugh

abcnews.go.com...

There is a short video along with the article.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I doubt that you're a Limbaugh expert, now...admit it.

I haven't claimed to be an expert. I just read.

He takes prednisone for a back problem; thousands of people do.

I quoted the article. It didn't specify. He says he's taking prednisone. OK. I guess we'll believe him.

I take it as him saying: "I have been able to lose weight my whole life without resorting to exercise".

You take it that way, huh? And that's good, but the way I take it isn't. OK.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join