It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Dirty Money Literally!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hello ATS
Today I was on my way to my doctors office. I had to pass my bank and there was a "Brinks Security" truck parked in front. There were two security guys loading bags and bags of pennies into the truck. The bags were clear plastic so I could see the pennies and got a good look because I was also sitting at a red light. Some of the pennies were like new and some were ya know, dirty looking.

My first thought was, gee why doesn't the bank have a way of cleaning the pennies so they all look new again. So then I get to my doctors office and at the check-in window there is a big sign on the wall that says I must wash my hands with an arrow pointing to a little pump of a antibacterial wash some hand wipes and a trash can. So I did then signed in and sat down.

Well, then the lady called my name and asked me to pay my co-pay so I reached into my pocket and pulled out the cash and handed it to her. Then it hit me!!!!, this is dumb because that money is just loaded with living or dead bacteria and now it is on my clean hands but also on hers as well. Then I started thinking, GOD knows were and who handled this money. I mean someone could have gone into the bathroom and did the dirty deed and did not wash there hands at a store then handed that money to the teller at the store who just got done picking her nose or worse.

Then I thought about the pennies again and then it hit me again, We play a very dangerous game, we all handle money everyday and if someone were out to hurt us with some type of bacterial/biological attack, our money is a very lethal means of transport. Now I don't know how this could be done but if you think about it, there is a large food supply of germs and oils on every dollar and coins. I know nothing about chemistry so I can't even go there but is this something we need to think about?

Also, at worst the system we use is dirty and could pass virus's as well. So I was thinking, most of our money ends up at the banks. What would be so wrong with the banks having a way to clean up the money before it heads back out. Does this make any sense, sure it's just going to get dirty again, but it could help keep us safer. And all of our change would look better :-)

Now, I did a search on this subject on ATS and came up with 2 posts back in 2005. Are we fast to forget that we need to try and out think the ones out to harm us?

[edit on 30-12-2009 by intothelight]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
WOW, check out this info!!!!!!!!!!!!

microbewiki.kenyon.edu...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I see signs that awareness is rising.

It wasn't until recently that i gave what you brought to light any thought.

Was at my fav sandwich shop picking up my usual combo and i noticed that they installed an automatic hand sanitizer right after the check-out/pick-up/cashier-station, strategy being that after people have handed over their money it would be in their best interest to wave their hands under this sanitizer's sensors for a quick spritz before they wrap their hands around the sandwich they are about to stuff in their face.

Then just today i was at the county hospital and they had installed every 10 feet along the walls a sanitizer hand pump for public use. They also had caution signs everywhere, stating that if anyone is suffering from a fever or cough to report to a special desk in the reception area, where they give people mouth/face masks and sanitary napkins.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye

Was at my fav sandwich shop picking up my usual combo and i noticed that they installed an automatic hand sanitizer right after the check-out/pick-up/cashier-station, strategy being that after people have handed over their money it would be in their best interest to wave their hands under this sanitizer's sensors for a quick spritz before they wrap their hands around the sandwich they are about to stuff in their face.

Well at least they have the sanitizer AFTER you handle the money :-). I got a dollar bill a few weeks ago that had a stamp on it telling me to go to this web site and see were this dollar has been. So I did, ya know that dollar just two days before I got it was two states away. Money sure does get around.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
May i ask, what the website address is?

Sounds like some kind of tracking system.
It may be of interest to others as well.

Thank you in advance.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is an interesting video brought to you by the Upright Citizens Brigade.
Some foul language. Not for work.

www.funnyordie.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I does not really matter how much bacteria you are exposed to. It is your ability to fight off infection that keeps you alive. If you were not exposed to dirty money you would have no resistance to the bacteria it carries. It is sort of a catch22. Not much to worry about. If you want to be resistant to bacteria then lick the coins.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye
May i ask, what the website address is?

Sounds like some kind of tracking system.
It may be of interest to others as well.

Thank you in advance.

Your right, that's kind weird in it's self. The name of the site is:

UNITED STATES CURRENCY TRACKING PROJECT

www.wheresgeorge.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There is a book written by Frank Herbet about Dirty Money called "the white plague"
"The White Plague by Frank Herbert ......
When his wife and children are killed by a terrorist bomb in Dublin, a renegade Irish-American molecular biologist who calls himself the Madman unleashes a genetically carried plague that threatens all life on Earth."

He puts the plague on money and soon all our women are ?

Sorry, no spoiler here..

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You know, you're right! I always remember my mother telling me not to "play" with money because it's dirty. And especially the paper money, as I would think the germs would be embedded in there worse than the coins. I don't know why the banks couldn't run the coins through a wash of some type to clean them. Don't know how they'd "launder" the bills tho! Something to think about!!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pahillbilly
You know, you're right! I always remember my mother telling me not to "play" with money because it's dirty. And especially the paper money, as I would think the germs would be embedded in there worse than the coins. I don't know why the banks couldn't run the coins through a wash of some type to clean them. Don't know how they'd "launder" the bills tho! Something to think about!!

Now Miss Pa Hill Billy
Did you always listen to your mother? I seem to remember times when you did not!!!!!!!!!LOL.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I does not really matter how much bacteria you are exposed to. It is your ability to fight off infection that keeps you alive. If you were not exposed to dirty money you would have no resistance to the bacteria it carries. It is sort of a catch22. Not much to worry about. If you want to be resistant to bacteria then lick the coins.

Right, when are people going to learn germs are good for you, without them you will die.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 22-250

Originally posted by earthdude

Right, when are people going to learn germs are good for you, without them you will die.

I know you are being sarcastic even without the tone. You actually discribed and experiment where people were kept in a sterile enviroment. When they were released from that enviroment, germs that would not kill people who had been exposed to them, killed these people. Try thinking hard.

top topics

join