It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight US 'CIA agents' killed in Afghanistan bomb attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
The news called the victims "8 Americans who were employed by the CIA."
That does not neccessarily mean they were CIA Agents,maybe they were soldiers or civilians who were working for the CIA at the time.
Either way,this is a big hit for the Taliban-to get 8 Americans at once is rare,to have reports that they were CIA is even more rare.
I feel sad for thier families,who propbably didn't know alot about what their loved ones were up to in A'stan.

You're right. Some of them were contractors. A couple were not.

The suicide bomber was a Afghan Army soldier in full uniform.
That's what allowed him to pass checkpoints.

As for some of the idiots on here cheering over these deaths: you don't have a clue about these people who have died. So shut it and try to get more informed.
And Seagull - if you want to delete my post for telling some home truths to some of the ATS resident idiots, then go right ahead. Hell, ban me if it's what floats your boat.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the families of those brave men and women.

All are heroes imo.

Children have lost a mother as well as fathers, brothers and this is one hell of a way for children to remember the holidays with.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Perhaps they all know one another.
Instead of a drug delivery it was a bomb this time.
However I only saw one photo of an endless field of
poppies on the internet and dirt and rocks on TV.

It might be too much to see where these native solders go.
There is too high a risk to trust anyone.
A few night raids to run down the activists that were done for
years in Iran for years might help.
Sitting around drug dealing with the enemy is not right.
I have no idea how the whole war situation is handled by if old man
Osama can run away from justice the whole situation is sick.
There seems to be no commander in chief as JFK found out it wasn't
him.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Ditto...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akkadian
I am saddend by some of the people here. Any loss of life should not be praised, despite your views. These people have families, lets not forget. This is truely another sad day for America. More of our country men and women lost.....

On a side note 8 Agents wouldn't be together... unless they are intelligence officers but clandestines wouldn't be together.... or if they were engaged in some non CIA activity, legit or not...

Maybe not except when theyre ON THEIR OWN BASE.

By your logic 8 clandestine officers would never be in the CIA building at the same time.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

As for some of the idiots on here cheering over these deaths: you don't have a clue about these people who have died. So shut it and try to get more informed.

Oh well since you know them so well why dont you start informing us?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If they were killed on actual USA soil I might have more sympathy for them.

This is a corrupt and unjust war, in my opinion.

It's one thing to be actual uniformed military and held accountable by the Geneva convention.

It is another thing to be an undercover spook with no accountability.

Given the CIA's international track record in under-developed countries, it is more than likely they were up to no good.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I find it laughable (or sad) that a group of people can cheer on an attack like this. It's odd that people can take what little information they know about the CIA, then let that information leave them in a state of apathy over this attack.

Fact: Nobody here has any idea of what the CIA would be doing at that camp in Afghanistan. Nobody.

You guys can quote the articles which speculate on the shady mishaps of the CIA all you want. Who writes about all the great things the CIA has done which would be accepted or even praised by the people. Nobody. The only news you hear is that bad news.

If these people who have died in this attack were affiliated with the CIA I hope no information was lost forever. I also wish the best for their families and friends.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Styki]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

maybe the false flag bomb they were meant to plant in order to sell us yet another car/suicide bombing by some disaffected islamic group went off in their faces!ive been coming onto this site for years now it seems so many of you should not be strangers to the fact that the cia is notorious for being arm deep in filth!where there is peace they are sent to instigate dissent n division!we hear of the dutiful n brave "everyman" servicemen but what do you think these ugly fascists are doing in the "war on terror"!keeping it going thats what!the new head of the british army stated recently that the conflict in the east could drag out for forty years!a prediction?or a statement of the long term intentions of the gov's involved n their friends in the arms/oil/heroin industry?one thing i know is that there will be no "short term" conclusions to this as they simply do not seek one!they couldnt pick a better enemy for the perpetual war cos as you all know these islamists fear nothing n will never back down while the average citizen or soldier just wants to see if their team has won or whats happening in celebrity circles!im reminded of that bit in apocalypse now where charlie sheen states something like"everyday im getting softer n meantime charlie's out there crouched in the jungle eating cold rice n rat meat getting stronger"!or maybe this "well dressed" bomber got lucky n sprung eight members of the most covert n deadly black ops organizations in the world!either way im actually glad that them who throw fuel on the fire got burnt as opposed to them merely watching the fireworks!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The CIA employs many men and women as linguists, code breakers, and mathmaticians. Very little of actual CIA trained officers ever see any type of combat. That whole idea is b.s.
The CIA wants highly educated men and women who speek foreign languages, and are U.S. citizens.
This whole idea of the CIA running this war in Afgahnistan is nonsense. Clandestine Officers answer to higher ups in Langley, which is directly overseen by washington.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stephen29
The CIA employs many men and women as linguists, code breakers, and mathmaticians. Very little of actual CIA trained officers ever see any type of combat. That whole idea is b.s.
The CIA wants highly educated men and women who speek foreign languages, and are U.S. citizens.
This whole idea of the CIA running this war in Afgahnistan is nonsense. Clandestine Officers answer to higher ups in Langley, which is directly overseen by washington.

And what is this "clarification" of yours supposed to mean? That CIA employs people... Right. Who could have guessed. CIA employs people... Citizens - that's what CIA means: Citizens Intelligence Agency.

And, when these educated citizens provide "information" to the, say, USAF, then there is a massacre of military units better known in military jargon as "wedding parties" or some such, with many children dead and/or disabled. And then your heart goes to their families... Whose families? Their families... Right.
Right!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yes. Yes I truly do. They may want to help keep america safe but they also helped their hegemony and made their own enemies throughout the world. America having to worry the safetyu of its citizens is in part, a problem created by agencies like and including the CIA. I don't condone violence of any kind either towards said agency or stemming from said agency but I would never consider the CIA a bastion of compassion and understanding. It doesnt win you wars or puppet governments.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Perry_Hellion

Are you insain Perry? Really, no joke?
The CIA has stopped many terroists from attacking not only our country, but other countrys as well. It is impossiable for the Ageny to run around planting bombs and creating wars.
The CIA budget is very small compared to say the Airforces. Its just a fact. The CIA has to use the military for transportation, and combat operations. Except for intelligence. The Agency has lots of networks with foreign agents providing intel.
It really is sad to think that agents are losing their lives trying to keep that government stable. And you people think they are heartless killers. They really do deserve better then this.
Do you really think an unstable Afghanistan is good for America? Where do you think Bin Laden seeked safe harbor?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

The CIA actually stands for "Central Intellingence Agency"
A bi product of WW2's O.S.S "Office of Strategic Service".

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Stephen29]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It's actually Central Intelligence Agency. CIA

Your whole second paragraph is just a hypothetical situation which you made up. It portrays the CIA and a negative light using no actual information. Stephen posted a valid point. The CIA employs a variety of people for a large number of jobs. I would find it strange that anybody could believe that everyone working for the CIA is generally up to no good. It's actually ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Bin Laden is a pin pinned into a map. Where Bin Laden is, there is American Army. That's all it takes for some people to believe into a "reason" behind the war.

As far as I am concerned, the real Bin Laden could be in the White House right now celebrating a successful Old/New Year.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

It's actually Central Intelligence Agency. CIA

Your whole second paragraph is just a hypothetical situation which you made up. It portrays the CIA and a negative light using no actual information. Stephen posted a valid point. The CIA employs a variety of people for a large number of jobs. I would find it strange that anybody could believe that everyone working for the CIA is generally up to no good. It's actually ridiculous.

My whole post was a comment to the other post.
Sorry, if you can't recognize sarcasm.
We don't really know who those people were. Perhaps they were not CIA agents or workers, but for the sake of propaganda they are used, even dead, for further manipulation in the media. Think about it.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ok the first two replies were just good idea's but when people try to become comedians

I do like the idea though of terrorists going for them to reveal their presence in Afghanistan. Because i think the terrorists groups see a more corrupt goverment than what we do.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akkadian

You should say that to those CIA agents whom don't think like that when they are told to kill.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join