It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight US 'CIA agents' killed in Afghanistan bomb attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
Good hustle, Muslim people. The CIA needs to DIE.

Hope you get a few extra virgins for that one.

Heh.

That is morally and ethically wrong to say. First it is wrong for anyone to die. Second Muslims don't kill for virgins etc or to get virgins.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
9 soldiers of Satan died, good news to me. the ninth being the suicide bomber.

I disagree and find your post distasteful, it is wrong for anyone to die.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The news called the victims "8 Americans who were employed by the CIA."
That does not neccessarily mean they were CIA Agents,maybe they were soldiers or civilians who were working for the CIA at the time.
Either way,this is a big hit for the Taliban-to get 8 Americans at once is rare,to have reports that they were CIA is even more rare.
I feel sad for thier families,who propbably didn't know alot about what their loved ones were up to in A'stan.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
My condolences to the relatives of the victims.
To be honest, i don't like what CIA is used to do in foreign countries, but this news is extremely concerning:
first of all it means that somebody has been able to setup a counterintelligence working way better than CIA itself.
Second, it means that somebody has MUCH money to spend, but i mean VERY much.
Third, it means that there's some traitor somewhere, and the bastard is INSIDE, this is blatantly obvious.
What happened is something incredible, it's the worst tragedy ever happened to US intelligence, now let's hope that there won't be some hysterical reaction and that they will catch the traitor(s).

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think that some of the local boys got their number and took them out. Doesn't say much for our spy ops, does it? Eight of them together, fingered by some locals. Like someone said, how much did we spend on that half-arsed mission?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Smells fishy

I can't recall ever reading other MSM stories which explicitly state "CIA Agents killed" in another country.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Smells fishy

I can't recall ever reading other MSM stories which explicitly state "CIA Agents killed" in another country.
Good point. Usually spy deaths, if info is ever released, is years after the fact. Often it is like a postscript for another story when it does come out.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It looks as just another classical "by the book" attack by local extremists - some Afghan and Pakistani soldiers have a sympathy towards extremist groups. They can have friends or families inside these groups who can teach them about "virtues of sacrifice". Presence of so called "foreign civilians" in the base brings even more attention.

But since we don't trust those news, it's impossible to tell what's going on. Especially since the world wide report about loss of "CIA workers" simply because they felt like people should know can't be real. Who knows what's really behind those news.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm skeptical of this for obvious reasons. I suspect the term"CIA agents" is a bit open to interpretation here.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

Why stop with the CIA? Let's wish death on Marines, soldiers, and sailors as well. How about anyone who falls short of your expectations? As you clearly are the most briefed individual on the planet. God bless the U.S.A. .

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It was in Khost province which says to me it wasnt just taliban, it was Haqqani Network fighters. More than likely, cause they did it all the time against the soviets, they have moles inside the afghan army, inside the civilians who work in and out of these bases.... thats prolly how they got thier intelligence and prolly how they got inside to blow the place up.. the Haqqani's are consistantly said to be america's most worthy foe inside afghanistan..

www.longwarjournal.org...

In the bigger picture, this was a major victory for the Haqqani Network. Gathering the intelligence that the CIA was operating from Chapman is no small feat. Getting the suicide bomber into the base and then detonating among a crowd of operatives would have been considered impossible until now. The covert CIA operations are likely going to negatively impacted until the security breach is detected

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
Maybe the patriots targeted CIA agents to expose the CIA presence in Afghanistan? Could be possible. If I were them I may do something like that to try to make the public of said country aware that this war is for profit.

Hehe what are you smoking?

I would like to see the "profit" from this war.Are you ignorant to the fact we are spending billions upon billions of dollars funding this war?I have yet to see any proof of us profiting from the war.

Only on ATS can a suicide bombing happen and it turns into a conspiracy theory.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KingX

Where do you think billions and billions of dollars in wartime spending go? Into the coffers of defense contractors, of course. Why not take some time and look at companies like Aegis Defense Services, Bearing Point, Bechtel, Boeing, Carlyle Group, CACI International, Halliburton, Lockheed Martin, etc.

However, I agree with you on one thing. I very much doubt a conspiracy here.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The next few days will be good between the lines news reading. This smells!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I know better than to get in a conversation about a subject I know nothing about!

I can't help but to think of all the past CIA involvment in other situations, and how it was debated that it was usually drug related.
That said, I have a suspiction, that it may have something to do with the large quantity of opiats in and from the area that they were gaurding or shipping in some form or another.
But I'm just stating the obvious, and know none of the real facts.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Heh.

Maybe when you die and go to wherever you can tell them that yourself.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yay 8 drug runners dead.

What did you think they stopped after they got caught in the Iran/Contra scandal?

Opium production has skyrocketed since we invaded Afghanistan. You only get 1 guess why.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Heh.

At least you aren't trying hide what you are all about. I guess you should be commended for that.

Perhaps there are people wishing some of your loved ones would die? Or are you the one who is qualified to decide who should or should not, die?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am saddend by some of the people here. Any loss of life should not be praised, despite your views. These people have families, lets not forget. This is truely another sad day for America. More of our country men and women lost.....

On a side note 8 Agents wouldn't be together... unless they are intelligence officers but clandestines wouldn't be together.... or if they were engaged in some non CIA activity, legit or not...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Its too hard to feel sorry for them. Honestly.

But then again, who knows if this is true.
Therefore none of us should really care about this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join