It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight US 'CIA agents' killed in Afghanistan bomb attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Eight CIA agents have been killed in a suicide bomb attack in south-eastern Afghanistan, US reports say.

A bomber was wearing an explosive vest managed to enter Forward Operating Base Chapman in Khost Province, on the border with Pakistan.

Several other people were reported injured by the blast.

In a separate attack, four Canadian soldiers and a journalist died when their vehicle was blown up in the southern province of Kandahar.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
At first was reported as civilian deaths, but now confirmed as CIA agents.

How the hell did terrorists get into this military base, and if their targets were intentionally aimed at the CIA, then how did the terrorists know exactly where to go? Maybe they got lucky to get in, or security were just incompotent, and the terrorists were aiming at anyone in the base and just happened to be CIA.

The situation seems to be getting worse, and how long can these kinds of attacks go on for without the temptation to send more than drones over the border into Pakistan?

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Seems very unlikely.

Maybe the CIA was training some patsy how to use the explosives and it accidentally went live.

It happened in the gym, perfect spot for a training exercise.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Maybe the patriots targeted CIA agents to expose the CIA presence in Afghanistan? Could be possible. If I were them I may do something like that to try to make the public of said country aware that this war is for profit.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Gee, seems the multi-million dollar business of intelligence fails yet again.

How surprising. I somehow can't really feel bad for a CIA loss. I mean, 9 people died, that's tragic. But when your operating in a hostile environment, occupying another country then there are going to be casualties.

Besides, the CIA aren't really known to be the nicest of folks now are they? Perhaps an escalation of attacks is about to start in conjunction with the troop surge and the increased offensive operations.

These countries are where empires go to die, don't people ever learn from their history.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I wish I could find some photos of the structure.

More details from Stars and Stripes:

www.stripes.com...

The bomber attacked Forward Operating Base Chapman in Khost province, but another military official speaking on background said the base no longer houses ISAF forces, but has been turned over to “other agencies.”

“We don’t own that outpost anymore,” a second military official said. “It’s not ISAF or [U.S. Forces-Afghanistan]; it’s not a military FOB.”

The official said the base used to house members of the Khost Provincial Reconstruction Team, but it had been turned over to another U.S. agency he was unable to identify. CNN reported earlier that the suicide bomber walked into either a dining facility or the base gym.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Good hustle, Muslim people. The CIA needs to DIE.

Hope you get a few extra virgins for that one.

Heh.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Perhaps somebody provided the info to intentionally killed those CIA officers that may have known too much. Sooner or later they needed to be silenced from telling whats going on in Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Could be that these guys were going to blow the whistle on CIA activities so other members of the CIA just sent this guy in to blow them up, too.

I never trust anything regarding the CIA but some people are just normal guys, even if they work for the CIA.

Who knows. I'll chalk this one up to, "don't know, don't care."

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
Good hustle, Muslim people. The CIA needs to DIE.

Hope you get a few extra virgins for that one.

Heh.

No matter how dirty of an organization they are, do not forget that this country is built upon the backs of slaves and child labor...and the "hard working American".

My point?

Do not live your life in a blinding light. You can live in one of the best empires in the world, or you can live in a country fighting that empire for their own freedom.

Not saying that is how it should be, but that is how it is.

I wish the best for our efforts in Afghanistan. Sad that more of our fellow citizens have died in the pursuit of raping and pillaging Afghanistan so we can have a better life here at home (whether that is their goal or not).

Never wish the collapse of a bridge in which you live under.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by john124

Perhaps somebody provided the info to intentionally killed those CIA officers that may have known too much. Sooner or later they needed to be silenced from telling whats going on in Afghanistan.

yea, most likely the case, quite unlikely these scapegoats tracked and bombed CIA agents so ease, and why would they

probable another CIA agents with burkas

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Prayers for their family.

Nowadays, CIA is just a group to hate. It is obvious in many threads.

I have no doubt that there is a certain percentage that are bad, but do you really think the whole organization is full of corrupt, noncaring individuals.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Perhaps they all know one another.
Instead of a drug delivery it was a bomb this time.
However I only saw one photo of an endless field of
poppies on the internet and dirt and rocks on TV.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Now this is ISI work. And I say this because they probably do have the intelligence necessary, and they have the willing people to go do it. You have to have some serious intelligence to get this done. This was not a lucky shot.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am wondering if this another ploy to grab the attention the media is putting on the CIA, calling them out for False Flag Ops and then this happens to shift the attention

[edit on 30-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by john124

I bet they were telling the truth that Afghanistan is a real # hole.... hehe

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Is this a stake out or are we there to make friends.
I don't get it.
If we are not flushing out the enemy, running them down
or filling up Guantanamo what are the standing orders.
Are we ordered to stay in a 'Nam' until the situation crumbles.
Well crumble this:
Before JFK took action on Nam, his life was laid down for his country.
Those who hold the New World Order technology developed in WWII
have just about been sold off by now.
We are still in Germany and in bases around the world.
Its free wheeling for these people from now on.
Any JFK won't happen here.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
9 soldiers of Satan died, good news to me. the ninth being the suicide bomber.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
They're the manipulators behind the scenes pulling all the strings, making all the psy-ops, spreading all the dis info, silencing credible witnesses, concealing the truth and it could not have happened to a bigger bunch of A-holes.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see where the investigation of this incident "is portrayed" to lead although I don't think anyone will be surprised.

I don't think it rates as a false flag though, it's more a targeted counter operation by a group or as some posters have suggested the CIA letting go of some lower level local personel.

Either way it is useful to them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join