It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What security measure will YOU support in leu of attempted "terror attack"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is it people, TERROR mania again, so what will America do and what will you support in the name of security?

As a result of 9/11 the government implemented many new tools into its arsenal to combat the scourge of terrorism. Increased budgets, new agencies; legislation redefining laws
and protocol, "offensive operations", increased secrecy and a complete expansion of the security apparatus.

So this time around what will you advocate in the name of security?

Larger budgets,
Agencies,
Watch lists,
"Offensive Operations",
Surveillance,
Airport protocol
Flight protocol
Use your imagination and submit a new idea

to FED or not to FED, that be my question.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think terrorism (As we know it) is for the Most part a lie ..

There are a lot of Companies waiting to Profit from this whole WAR on TERROR/Secure Our Nation deal ..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I do not advocate the expansion of surveillance, altering the constitution or creating any new agencies.

I might be for drastically expanding the air marshall service and or allow pilots to brandish
RPG's as a deterrent. (joshing on the last one)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am going to live my life as freely as i can. If the government wants to impede on this for any reason than i would tell them to take me to prison, because at least then i would have chosen my fate.

Has anyone else thought that maybe one of the whole points of terrorism is to get our people and our government so paranoid that eventually they will have stripped us of all our freedoms? I'm not saying a conspiracy from within the government to get the government in control like some 9/11 truthers have proposed but more like instead of defeating us with their own troops they turn us against ourselves. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I support bringing all troops home to prevent further attacks.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I Also think if the Gov't starts taking District measures .. the average person should to worry about a thing ..

If you have nothing to hide .. there is nothing to fear ..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
I think terrorism (As we know it) is for the Most part a lie ..

There are a lot of Companies waiting to Profit from this whole WAR on TERROR/Secure Our Nation deal ..

Thanks C

I think terrorism is a real occurrence, with a legitimate terrorists behind the acts.

At the same time I think it can be used to achieve political goals and financial objectives.

I stand for freedom I do not want to give the terrorists the power to control our policies or purse.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
I am going to live my life as freely as i can. If the government wants to impede on this for any reason than i would tell them to take me to prison, because at least then i would have chosen my fate.

Has anyone else thought that maybe one of the whole points of terrorism is to get our people and our government so paranoid that eventually they will have stripped us of all our freedoms? I'm not saying a conspiracy from within the government to get the government in control like some 9/11 truthers have proposed but more like instead of defeating us with their own troops they turn us against ourselves. I hope that makes sense.

Sure it does, terrorism is a mental game first off - they hope our fear will guide our decisions. The government can use the same tactic, but this OP is not about false flags...

I would rather not erode our civil liberties myself, not one inch.

Hire more dogs, train more air marshals, but don't mess with our individual liberty or privacy.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I support bringing all troops home to prevent further attacks.

I support bringing our troops home, they have been strong and have endured much.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I support driving everywhere. Flying is too much of a hastle.

Forget having some perv staring at naked people everyday. Thats garbage. Next we're gonna have to hear that rubber glove clap on the wrist. BOO THAT!!!!!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"I stand for freedom I do not want to give the terrorists the power to control our policies or purse."

It is not the alleged terrorists who have the power to control American policy, it is ignorant and gullible Americans who have been suckered by mind games which use fear to control them.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"I stand for freedom I do not want to give the terrorists the power to control our policies or purse."

It is not the alleged terrorists who have the power to control American policy, it is ignorant and gullible Americans who have been suckered by mind games which use fear to control them.

GREAT point, I agree with this 100% - I just want to gauge where people are at right now

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I vow to make all flights UNDERWEAR-FREE!

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The only effective means by which to secure ourselves from further Jihadist actions would be to pursue a non-interventionist policy and pull back the empire we have overseas. And ONLY use our military to accomplish the goal of DESTROYING AN ENEMY FORCE, rather than dithering with them and expecting some sort of awakening to happen where they suddenly don't wanna fight anymore while we somehow get to continue the same policies irrespective of how the rest of the world might feel.

Soon, however, we will be FORCED into this kind of policy just due to our outstanding debt.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Maybe you should rephrase your question:
Are three-stooge-like false flags likely to make you call for more measures to reduce the number of false flag ops pulled off by the ABC agencies?

This Flight 253 "incident" was so amateurish that anyone that buys it, probably also bought a few bridges in NYC in their life.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I agree as far as bringing troops home, but it won't prevent further attacks. The people that carry out those attacks are not that reasonable. They'll just find another reason. What we need to do is send out small 2-4 man squads to just simply kill terrorists, terrorist sympathizers, and terrorist supporters. Kill them in their homes, work places, universities, mosques, anywhere they are found, any way they can be found. The problem is that they aren't as afraid of us, as we are collectively afraid of them. To stop any future attacks, you must be brutal, beyond brutal, scary brutal. Examples must be made.

It's like a personal fight. You know the guy has friends that will try to help at the time, or strike later when your back is turned. So you make an example of the guy, and beat him brutally to put the fear into his friends that the same will happen to them if they try anything.

We've been going about the situation the completely wrong way.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Maybe you should rephrase your question:
Are three-stooge-like false flags likely to make you call for more measures to reduce the number of false flag ops pulled off by the ABC agencies?

This Flight 253 "incident" was so amateurish that anyone that buys it, probably also bought a few bridges in NYC in their life.

I hear that - this guy was a joke, thankfully.

They are selling this thing real hard, but I'm not buying

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What security measure will YOU support

I would support removing all firearms bans. This way the entire populace would be armed and a massive security force would be instantly created that would be ever present throughout the country.

I would support airports that chose of their own volition without government mandate to offer handgun rentals to passengers who wish to carry weapons during their flight. This would ensure that in the event of a hijacking attempt, the hijackers would be gunned down quickly and efficiently by dozens of armed citizens.

I would support the creation of surveillance systems made available for public use in public places such as airports, bus terminals, subways and also government and military installations. All cameras would be streamed in real time over the internet, and anyone with net access would be able to view and record any camera anywhere on the grid. Internet service terminals would be installed at public locations that would grant full net access. These terminals would, of course, provide all basic web services so people could use them to send and receive emails, browse the web, etc., which would naturally also include the ability to view in realtime the output of any camera in the network. This system would not only be fanastically convenient for daily use, it would also create a massive surveillance/monitoring/recording system throughout the country. At any time, in any public place, anyone in the entire world might be sitting at home watching through the camera, perhaps even recording. This would provide surveillance far beyond anything that could possibly be provided by private, closed security, and would have the side benefit that recordings of events would not be "accidentally lost" because they would be widely distributed by individuals.

I would support the elimination of public identification papers such as drivers licenses and passports. This way no one would be able to forge credentials that could be used to bypass security with impunity.

I would support the withdrawal of all US military from foreign installations and wars abroad. This would reduce incentive for terrorists to want us dead, and would mean several hundred thousand more troops available to protect our borders.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by leftystrat
I vow to make all flights UNDERWEAR-FREE!

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

OK

I have one next week, I pledge to go commando

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
To paraphrase the "Everything Is Okay" guys...

"Terrorism is War......And we have declared War on Terrorism...Which is like declaring War on War....Sounds silly doesn't it? Terror is bad, you are bad, go shopping, stay scared"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join