It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's military avatar: Robots on the battlefield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Israel's military avatar: Robots on the battlefield

www.blacklistednews.com

Israel's military industries, already world leaders in arms technology, are hard at work developing weaponry for the 2020s. Development of new weapons for the IDF is generally carried out with assistance and in cooordination with the Defense Ministry?s research and development arm.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It would seem we are going to see more and more robots on the battle field as well as in the are in the not to distant future. This article talks about how Israel is developing smart weapons as well as systems that will hook the solder up to satellite command and control systems. It may be cool to see the new tech come out but this is the kind of thing that I like to say is better if not needed to be used.

www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

It would seem we are going to see more and more robots on the battle field as well as in the are in the not to distant future. This article talks about how Israel is developing smart weapons as well as systems that will hook the solder up to satellite command and control systems. It may be cool to see the new tech come out but this is the kind of thing that I like to say is better if not needed to be used.

www.blacklistednews.com

I notice from the link the Israel military concentrates on offensive weapons, rather than defending the country it seeks to be better at killing, better bombs are of course have more saleability to other markets.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit
I notice from the link the Israel military concentrates on offensive weapons, rather than defending the country

That is what offensive weapons are used for, defending your country - remember, offense is the best method of defense
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Amen to that. I was going to say that. Not that I am a war monger. I don't care for such things, but, for sure, a great offense will defend you. What? We just got to sit here and take it, and "defend"? We can't defend ourselves by moving forward and searching for and destroying the root?

Now if only these robots will power themselves by ingesting the bloodied and dead corpses of the enemy. Oh, gosh. Yeah, that's being worked on, too.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit

I notice from the link the Israel military concentrates on offensive weapons, rather than defending the country it seeks to be better at killing, better bombs are of course have more saleability to other markets.

Prof
All weapons can be considered more offensive, defensive, or both. I will with hold an opinion on a judgment of a system until I can see what it is. Very few weapons in my opinion are purely offensive.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Now if only these robots will power themselves by ingesting the bloodied and dead corpses of the enemy. Oh, gosh. Yeah, that's being worked on, too.

Kyred
yes they are working on that. Just in case you would like to read more about it the link is below.

Military Horror: Proposed Military Robot Would Literally Feed off Dead Battlefield Bodies to Power Itself
thread

new topics

top topics

join